Most-Forgotten Heroes

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Most-Forgotten Heroes

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 am

The title says it all! Who do you think is the most forgotten hero in the series?

I have two heroes. Future Gohan and Kuririn.
Gohan, he trains Trunks, sacrifices his arm and his life for Trunks, and as a result Trunks helps save the present and saves his own time line. Trunks wouldn't have been able accomplish of anything without Gohan.

Kuririn, he is around for so long. Even when he seems to become too weak, he gets strong enough to survive. The Great Elder Namek unlocking some of his hidden power. But after the Cell stuff, Toriyama just forgets about him. It's just sad...
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:06 am

Hellllllllllo Yamcha.

Unless Chaoutzu counts.

... I think the fact that I'm asking if he even counts makes him win this.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:31 am

I suppose Yajirobe doesn't count?

Yasai-R-Mighty
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Yasai-R-Mighty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:35 am

Someone going by the name of Forgotten Hero, makes a thread about forgotten heroes ha! :lol:

What about Mr. Satan? Most people think of him as comic relief but he did keep Buu (fat version) at bay for a while by befriending him, and of course he was invaluable when it came to the creation of the Genki Dama, everyone trusted him enough to listen.
[Insert mind blowingly cool quote here]

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:39 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:I suppose Yajirobe doesn't count?
Yajirobe does more than Chaotzu. He also gets a bunch of scenes chilling under Heaven with a sweet talking cat. Chaoutzu floats around after Tien and dies a lot.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:55 am

Velasa wrote:
Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:I suppose Yajirobe doesn't count?
Yajirobe does more than Chaotzu. He also gets a bunch of scenes chilling under Heaven with a sweet talking cat. Chaoutzu floats around after Tenshinhan and dies a lot.
At least Choatzu gets half a story arc more or less dedicated to him. Yajirobe eats, sits around with a cat, and runs away crying whenever danger comes about.

...I suppose Lunch doesn't quality as a "hero", huh?

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:58 am

Hercule.. Got to be Hercule! :P

I would pay so much money to see a face-off with Hercule Vs Freeza on Namek mwhaha. :twisted:
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:21 pm

I don't know what a "must" forgotten hero is... lol jk :lol:

I am going with my boy Tenshinhan. He is the strongest human (yeah, stronger than Krillin and Uub doenst count). He fights with a nearly unrivaled passion, a determination only a few display. He had his fucking hand punched off and continued to go full force at Nappa, giving it his 100% all. Then he held off Cell with his Neo Tri Beam. Cell was leagues above him yet he didnt think about backing down (same with Buu). Long story short, he is a total B.A. and very underrated.
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

backthen
Beyond Newbie

Post by backthen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:25 pm

Krillin, Yamcha, Tien.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:39 pm

Long story short, he is a total B.A. and
very underrated.
I agree! Ten is the most under-rated batchelor of Arts in the whole series! :mad:
(Well, and I agree with what you actually said, too. ^^)

I was thinking just like, last night? How far behind Chaozu really stayed... I mean, not only was his resting power still weaker than Raditz at the fight with Nappa, but he got eliminated by Cyborg Tao at the 23rd tournament... and the same Tao was leagues below Tenshinhan a few minutes later. But hey, he can cook!

Yajirobe basically wrote himself out of the story. "I'm the only human hero that hasn't died, and I'm keeping it that way!"
*wonders if Karin and Yajirobe hid in the afterlife when Buu went genecidal*
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:14 pm

caejones wrote: I agree! Ten is the most under-rated batchelor of Arts in the whole series! :mad:
(Well, and I agree with what you actually said, too. ^^)
*gives high five*
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Tenshinhan gets my vote but I also have a question. Did they ever identify Lime’s Caretaker? He seemed to be somewhat familiar with Kakarrot’s past exploits and he came across as being the hero type as well (at least in the dub he did, I have not seen the Japanese subs for those episodes yet).
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:24 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:Yamucha was prominent for a little while as well of course, but he got dropped just when a really potentially interesting character dynamic that could’ve kept him more to the forefront of the narrative was hinted at (Vegeta swiping Bulma from him). Something REALLY should’ve been done with that.
Like what?

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:42 pm

I honestly would have liked to see Tenshinhan and Krillin somehow unlock some kind of "super human" gimmick, just so they could have still been important at the end.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:48 pm

omegacwa wrote:I honestly would have liked to see Tenshinhan and Krillin somehow unlock some kind of "super human" gimmick, just so they could have still been important at the end.
Despite the ridiculousness of more transformations...
... I was once told that Krillin goes Super Saiyan (hence his long hair), and that it worked because he and Goku are "blood brothers". ... 'The fish?

Yamcha/Vegeta: Well... "Z-warriors prepare" (o.o) tried to deal with that, and then Yamcha got stuck to the gravity room floor. :(
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:52 pm

omegacwa wrote:I honestly would have liked to see Tenshinhan and Krillin somehow unlock some kind of "super human" gimmick, just so they could have still been important at the end.
They were already super human. :P

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Tenshinhan claimed to take the highlights of kaio's training and expand upon them, but never did. I see no reason why Android/Cell saga didn't have him using a "Shin-Kaioken" or something of the like that worked as an SSJ equivalent.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:34 pm

Dayspring wrote:Tenshinhan claimed to take the highlights of kaio's training and expand upon them, but never did. I see no reason why Android/Cell saga didn't have him using a "Shin-Kaioken" or something of the like that worked as an SSJ equivalent.
Because the Kaioken is dangerous and Super Saiyan gives far higher increases?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:08 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Tenshinhan claimed to take the highlights of kaio's training and expand upon them, but never did. I see no reason why Android/Cell saga didn't have him using a "Shin-Kaioken" or something of the like that worked as an SSJ equivalent.
Because the Kaioken is dangerous and Super Saiyan gives far higher increases?
Ten is not a Saiyan. :wink:
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf