Question about Ozotto (the super monster)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scarz
I Live Here

Question about Ozotto (the super monster)

Post by Scarz » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:21 pm

Ozotto was the main villain (or finale boss) in a Dragonball Z arcade game called, Dragonball Z V.R.V.S. and that's about as much as I could find out about this "super monster."

I'm guessing by his appearance, he slapped together over night by the world most unoriginal character designer and was randomly plugged into a DBZ video game. I just want to make sure if the character had any back story? Because of his look, hilarious bad design, and tittle (the super monster *snicker*) I wanted to use this character as a cameo in my fancomic. If there is indeed a story behind Ozotto I would like to know about it. If not, its cool. I'll just make up something.

*Below: Picture of Ozotto the SUPER MONSTER RAAAARRRRRGGGHHH!

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Maybe it is just my computer but the image is not showing up.

I also wonder about this character myself ever since I ran across someone mentioning him/it on Wikipedia. Herms wrote the following in his “Demon Guide” under the category of “Majin”.
A much lesser known majin is Majin Ozotto, the final enemy in the DBZ VRS game, whose name is rather bizarrely given in English as “Ozotto the Super Monster”. Ozotto has the ability to transform into the other fighters in the game, similar to Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat series. In his normal form he has three eyes and looks like a cross between second-form Freeza and Janenba. Other than that I don’t know much about him, including whether or not he has any back-story.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:55 pm

That reminds me that I probably need to go back and get the name of the darn game right for my demon guide...

But yeah, Ozotto is called a "majin", like Buu, but this gets translated as "super monster" for some reason. I'm not even sure who did the English spellings seen under the character names, if they were part of the original game or added on by mod makers or something.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Herms wrote:That reminds me that I probably need to go back and get the name of the darn game right for my demon guide...

But yeah, Ozotto is called a "majin", like Buu, but this gets translated as "super monster" for some reason. I'm not even sure who did the English spellings seen under the character names, if they were part of the original game or added on by mod makers or something.
These are two images of him that I found that has what appears to be his name written.

By the way does anyone have any better images of Ozotto than the above ones?

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Re: Question about Ozotto (the super monster)

Post by Olivier Hague » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:58 pm

Scarz wrote:I'm guessing by his appearance, he slapped together over night by the world most unoriginal character designer
Guy was called "Toriyama".

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:37 am

I found this video footage of Majin Ozotto.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:17 am

Olivier Hague wrote:
Scarz wrote:I'm guessing by his appearance, he slapped together over night by the world most unoriginal character designer
Guy was called "Toriyama".
Then that explains everything! (See what I did there) There's not a lot of information out about this game. I assumed like in most cases Toriyama wasn't really involved. Maybe he didn't create the character, if did then...Well...Yeesh.
Herms wrote:But yeah, Ozotto is called a "majin", like Buu, but this gets translated as "super monster" for some reason. I'm not even sure who did the English spellings seen under the character names, if they were part of the original game or added on by mod makers or something.
So he's not really a "majin" like Buu, it just simple means he's a monster?

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:37 am

Scarz wrote:...So he's not really a "majin" like Buu, it just simple means he's a monster?
I think Herms was saying that his name is “Majin Ozotto” but for some reason they translated the “majin” part as “the Super Monster.”

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:46 am

He looks like 2nd form (first transformation) Freeza fused with 2nd form (incomplete) Cell.
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:59 am

Wojak wrote:He looks like 2nd form (first transformation) Freeza fused with 2nd form (incomplete) Cell.
His torso seems to be really out of portion with his lower extremities, yet it is still an interesting design. He looks like a creation of Dr. Gero's especially in light of the fact; he has the ability shape-shift into some of the characters that Gero used to create Cell. I think “Super Monster” is a more fitting designation than majin.
Last edited by Saiyan-Professor on Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Herms

Post by Herms » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:42 am

Saiyan-Professor wrote:
Scarz wrote:...So he's not really a "majin" like Buu, it just simple means he's a monster?
I think Herms was saying that his name is “Majin Ozotto” but for some reason they translated the “majin” part as “the Super Monster.”
That's right, his name is written out the same way Buu's is, so he really should be Majin Ozotto, or Ozotto the djinn if you want. "Majin" doesn't really translate out to "super monster" at all.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:49 pm

Wow, what a lame villain. You can tell Toriyama really shat that one out.

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Is it really worse than Kulilien though?

Herms

Post by Herms » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Olivier Hague wrote:Is it really worse than Kulilien though?
What's that?

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:30 pm

Herms wrote:
What's that?
One of the Romanizations of Kuririn? Maybe?

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Rory wrote:Wow, what a lame villain. You can tell Toriyama really shat that one out.
LOL (seriously I did in fact laughed out loud)

Anyway, thanks for in the info Saiyan-Professor and Herms! Your help was really appreciated!

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Herms wrote:
What's that?
Sounds like a fusion of Kuririn/Krillin (which somehow got romanized to "Kulilin", though that isn't a very used romanization) with Tenshinhan (under his american name of "Tien"; though I find it weird that an american name is being mixed with a romanization of a japanese name, but eh.)

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Rory wrote:Wow, what a lame villain. You can tell Toriyama really shat that one out.
I find it interesting that people like Cell but not Majin Ozotto, he does not look too much different from 2nd Form Cell. It just looks as if Toriyama just spliced together some unused concept designs he had when he was attempting to come up with how Cell would look.

Scarz wrote:...Anyway, thanks for in the info Saiyan-Professor and Herms! Your help was really appreciated!
No problem, everyone here has helped me so much I am just happy that I could return the favor. Also regarding his background, Ozotto says something before he fights Kakarrot in the footage maybe Herms knows what he says. Since it appears that, he shows up around the time Cell arrives perhaps he is, a creation of Dr. Gero’s as I mentioned previously. Also maybe you can contact the person that provided the footage and maybe he knows if Ozotto has a background story. If so let us know what he has to say.

Herms

Post by Herms » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:35 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote: Also regarding his background, Ozotto says something before he fights Kakarrot in the footage maybe Herms knows what he says.
Do you mean the text that scrolls up before the fight? That seems to be game instructions and not him talking (the same message reappers throughout the fight), and says "it's OK to barge in", which I think is a message to potential second players that they can join in.

When he's defeated Ozotto does say "Impossible...I!!!!".

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:44 pm

Herms wrote:
What's that?
The number 1 assassin in the universe... or something like that.
A (weak) boss character created for a Famicom game.