Is this poster a copy/print?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zeroplus
Not-So-Newbie

Is this poster a copy/print?

Post by Zeroplus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Hello all,

I got this poster from ebay awhile ago and my girlfriend got it plaqued for me for christmas. Anyways, on the bottom of the copy write it says no 24 of 1000, is this a copy/print of the poster or one of the 1000 that were made? Does anyone else have 24 aswell? The other thing about it is, there is a dragon ball / shenlong logo on the bottom, is it suppose to be there?

Thanks,
here is the image of the poster.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:28 pm

I have a cloth wall scroll version of it that I got off ebay...I know that gold square is on it, but I can't recall if there is a number. I'd check, but it's packed away at the moment.
Trans rights, now!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:58 pm

I have the wallscroll as well. No number.
Trunks & Goten forever

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:27 am

I have a mini poster of it, but no number.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Eison
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Eison » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:03 am

I have the same one, also with the number 24 and the Shenlong logo before Cell, also on the right it misses some characters like those two filler Saiyans and some Kaioshins, I also miss the right side of the poster by the way.

I'm really sure there was a topic about this poster a while back and someone made four photos of his poster and someone else putted those together, he also removed Ranfan's bra...

Zeroplus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zeroplus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 pm

So it seems that any on ebay would be prints of no 24. Sorry to everyone, and it was a lot of people, who messaged me on who sells it. I don't remember the user and it's been over 6 months since I got it so I can't go back in my buy list to see.

Anyone have this poster but not no 24?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Thanos6 wrote:I have the wallscroll as well. No number.
Do you mind telling me the dimensions of the poster? And do you happen to know the manufacturer and retail price? Thanks!

Zeroplus
Not-So-Newbie

Re

Post by Zeroplus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:39 pm

I think my poster was something like 36x28 inches. It's larger than a normal poster.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:43 pm

I got the same poster something like... oh, man... I was in either 10th or 11th grade, so somewhere between 1997 and 1999. A friend of mine brought it back from Spain for me.

Right now it's pretty badly crumpled/rolled-up on the shelf in our giant closet. I didn't take the best care of it over the years :cry:.

I think mine's about the same size, and has the same golden logo covering up in the bottom left. I forget who it is, now, but there was one major character that we never managed to find on it...
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zeroplus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zeroplus » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:35 pm

I think its cool that the red guy from the 'lost movie' is on it too. I was all like, who the hell is.... ohhhhhh. That's right.

Saiyajin no Tatsujin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Saiyajin no Tatsujin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:51 pm

No number anywhere on my wallscroll.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Zeroplus wrote:I think its cool that the red guy from the 'lost movie' is on it too. I was all like, who the hell is.... ohhhhhh. That's right.
After reading your post and trying to figure out where in the Hell he is on the scroll, I noticed that the gag character "Gotan" is in the poster as well:

Anyone else see some really rare characters here? And he's a larger version in case anyone else wanted it.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:47 pm

i Got the same one with 24 of 1000

Zeroplus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zeroplus » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:03 am

The guy I was talking about it:

Beside SSJ Gohan, Under SSJ Goten & Beside Goku. And the ver of them I am talking about are the very large images of them. Goku being the last big image of him waving goodbye.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:19 am

Zeroplus wrote:The guy I was talking about it:

Beside SSJ Gohan, Under SSJ Goten & Beside Goku. And the ver of them I am talking about are the very large images of them. Goku being the last big image of him waving goodbye.
Ya, I did find him, I was just more surprised to find the unused character Gotan.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:44 am

I found Wally (Hatchiyak)!! :D

[size=0]Or, "Waldo" to you filthy Americans.[/size]
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

jda95
Advanced Regular

Post by jda95 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:48 am

The Tori-bot wrote:

I love Where's Wally because I have memorized where he is all the time.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:44 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:I have the wallscroll as well. No number.
Do you mind telling me the dimensions of the poster? And do you happen to know the manufacturer and retail price? Thanks!
The wallscroll is roughly 3 feet by 2 feet. Note that this is the "complete" artwork, no bits are cut off at the edges.

I believe I bought it for $25; it was at a kiosk in Harbison Mall in Columbia, South Carolina back in the winter of 2000. The kiosk sold all kinds of anime stuff, though mostly DB/Z; no clue who the original manufacturer was. The kiosk vanished after Christmas, though some version of it returns every year to sell more anime stuff for Christmas (no idea if it's operated by the same people each year or not).

I originally got it as a Christmas present for my college roommate, who introduced me to DB/Z in the first place, but he ended up letting me have it because I ended up becoming an even bigger fan than he was.
Trunks & Goten forever

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:59 pm

I've had a small (maybe foot and a half by two) plastic-covered version of this for years- there's a classic Dragonball logo somewhere right next to grinning Daimaou with his hand out and it crop about an inch at the bottom right (Goten's just a little face waving as opposed to a full figure).

I'd love to know where this picture actually comes from and get a version that doesn't have cropping or logos not part of the image covering people.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:54 pm

jda95 wrote:
The Tori-bot wrote:

I love Where's Wally because I have memorized where he is all the time.
I DO BELIEVE YOU MEAN WALDO YOU INSOLENT UNAMERICAN CURS!
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight