Can you put subbed DBZ episodes on Ipod?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

disturbed001
Regular

Can you put subbed DBZ episodes on Ipod?

Post by disturbed001 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:00 am

Pretty much I'm trying to find the best way to make a hardsub-like file out of my DVDs. So then I can transfer them to my Ipod. Is this at all possible, or can I only get the dubbed version?

Either way I don't really know how to do either.

Thanks!
"hmm lets see.....nope, I don't have any Jewish candy"

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:05 am

The best way I know would be to get a normal image capture device, which captures the exact footage that comes from the output you are using as the input for the image capture device. So basically all you'll need to do is whatch the episodes in Japanese subbed, and it'll record exactly what you see. The only problem is that decent image capture devices are pretty pricey.

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:18 am

I already have a capture device, so I could do that. But I just wanted to try it by ripping the DVD.

If the subtitle thing won't work, I'd still like to know how to make AVI's or something out of the dubbed version.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:14 am

If you give me until tommorrow night, I'll PM you a very detailed and easy to follow guide that covers everything from ripping the DVD to encoding the final video. :wink:

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Wow, that would be awesome.

I actually found a pretty good program for this stuff. I'm sure most people here know about DVD Shink, and I've been using it for some time now. But there is another program call Auto Gordians Knot, or, AutoGK.

It is able to pull from an .IFO file, show you the lengths of video connected to the .IFO file, and you can choose the audio and the subtitles, and it makes and .AVI of it for you. I've been experimenting with this and I had a problem with getting the audio to sync with the video.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Something I forgot to ask, are you using the season sets, or the old FUNi singles? Also, do you already know how to rip into ISO format?

disturbed001
Regular

Post by disturbed001 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 am

I have both, but I planned on using the Remastered sets.

I do know how to make an ISO image.

ImmortalSandwich
Beyond Newbie

Post by ImmortalSandwich » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:33 am

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

This is a freeware program used to rip videos from Youtube, but it also doubles as a video converter. A pretty decent one too, considering it's free. It's not going to do much for your dual audio files (it'll give you this really weird sounding audio which is almost creepy. Actually I recommend doing it just to see how crazy the voices sound. The video will look unaltered.), but it can convert any standard, single audio file into various formats, including Ipod, PSP, etc.

This will save you the trouble of going through various steps just to get one video on your Ipod.
"Welcome to Sex Ed. May all your dreams come true."

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:54 am

Granted I'm sure the other guy has some better answers, but this works (not for me, but for a friend as my compy is dying).

Using Plato DVD Ripper works great. It's more or less a capture program but you open the DVD with it and go through the menu selecting Japanese language with subs, play the movie and click the start button. Then choose start from title and it will play through the whole movie with Japanese dialogue with subs. You can select what output format you want from the start.

I, myself go through a very lengthy process that doesn't overheat my computer. (No, its not harmful to you, my fan is just busted >.<)
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:11 pm

The guide is almost done. I'll get it out to you in about 25 minutes, give or take.

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:34 pm

I use IMToo to rip DVDs, and it let's me select audio, subs, what format, etc. I've used it with movies and anime and it's fine. I tried to rip a couple of the DBZ movies, but they played very choppy. I don't know if this is some kind of protection that FUNi used or what. I haven't really experimented (wasn't that big a deal to me at the time).
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.