The DBZ Video we will never find !!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

8k50

The DBZ Video we will never find !!

Post by 8k50 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:38 am

Hi DBZ Fans,

I'm searching for a hyper rare DBZ clip rated on TV on december 1993 and made with Computer Graphics !!

This clip is on the special bonus disc from the Dragon Z Box Vol.1, lenghts 3 mins 05 seconds and it looks a really amazing clip according to the pictures. Unluckily At this time I haven't enough money to buy these Dragon Box, but I hope someone can help me to find this wonderful collector clip by all means !

Go to these links and try together to find it !!

Thanks guys.

http://www.dvdanime.net/critiqueview.ph ... itique=686

http://www.dvdanime.net/critiqueview.ph ... itique=721

http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~scp/exhibition/a ... ndix2.html

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Re: The DBZ Video we will never find !!

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:43 am

Uh, I'll rip it if you want. I have the DVDs.

-Corey

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:53 pm

Uh, I'll rip it if you want. I have the DVDs.
Can you please? I would LOVE to see that. I think a lot of people here would. Thanks

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:25 pm

The graphics look horrible, but Id love to see what it was about. It definately looks like it was made in '93.

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:22 pm

Whoa.

Ultimate Battle 22.
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:44 pm

I'd say this has to be a commercial for the 1st Super Butoden game.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:48 pm

Looks interesting...also that scene of SSJ2 Gohan flying at the screen was ripped from Bojack Unbound.

8k50

Post by 8k50 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:23 pm

Hi MajinVejitaXV,

I thank so much for your generosity.
Of course I would like you to rip this extrordinary clip in the better quality you can (I suppose you know DVD Shrink or any DVD rip softwares else ) and even some other bonus of this special disc if you want !!
Because this special disc contains so rare stuffs like the funny TV Spots and for a "french" DBZ fan I am let me tell you that it's purely "Heaven".

So I thank you again and I envy you for having these wonderful Dragon Boxes (I wrote "these"because I'm sure you got the 2 even 3 Dragon Boxes) that I will buy later because I can tell you that there's no many french fans like me !!

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:09 pm

I think Daizex should open up a section where we can download all of the DragonBox's extras.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:17 pm

SonGokuGT wrote:I think Daizex should open up a section where we can download all of the DragonBox's extras.
Except for the fact that... err... I don't personally own the sets :P

It's great in theory... but there's the whole, "If they're all up for download, what reason would anyone have for buying the sets?" viewpoint. I'm not about to replace a giant awesome series of boxsets just because our country doesn't get the stuff. Things cost money ^^. I'm not willing to pay for them, so I don't get to have them :P.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:27 pm

Yeah... I guess you're right, but since we don't have them in the US... it's technically not illegal. STILL, FUNi needs to have that type of stuff as special features or offer a special features disc as an online exclusive, or something!

Anyone know where to get a listing + screencaps of the DragonBox DVD extras?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:40 pm

SonGokuGT wrote:Yeah... I guess you're right, but since we don't have them in the US... it's technically not illegal.
Oh, it most certainly is. Reproduction of any copyrighted materials, domestic or not, is strictly forbidden by the original rights owners, and the properties are explicity protected under the Berne Convention (of which both the USA and Japan are signees).
SonGokuGT wrote:Anyone know where to get a listing + screencaps of the DragonBox DVD extras?
Hopefully here, in the near future, with the help of our amazing readers and forum go-ers ^^.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

8k50

Post by 8k50 » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:02 pm

Hi SonGokuGT,

you can find a listing + screencaps of the DragonBox DVD extras at these links :

http://www.dvdanime.net/critiqueview.ph ... itique=686

http://www.dvdanime.net/critiqueview.ph ... itique=721

and MajinVejitaXV, we're now all waiting for you !!
Thank you so much Mr TORIYAMA !!

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:47 pm

That third image... is that Freeza's face on a temple?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:27 am

VegettoEX wrote:
SonGokuGT wrote:Yeah... I guess you're right, but since we don't have them in the US... it's technically not illegal.
Oh, it most certainly is. Reproduction of any copyrighted materials, domestic or not, is strictly forbidden by the original rights owners, and the properties are explicity protected under the Berne Convention (of which both the USA and Japan are signees).
That may be true, but I don't see it as being any different than taking screen caps, or having music for download. Even the images and names of the characters are copyrighted, and therefore technically illegal to reproduce. I think it really comes down to a matter of what is moral/respectable, and what you can get away with. :P

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:12 am

Deus ex Machina wrote:That may be true, but I don't see it as being any different than taking screen caps, or having music for download. Even the images and names of the characters are copyrighted, and therefore technically illegal to reproduce. I think it really comes down to a matter of what is moral/respectable, and what you can get away with. :P
You're right; it's absolutely no different in the eyes of the law.

You've gotta personally draw a line somewhere, though. If someone were to offer the entire bunch of Dragon Box extras as a downloadable selection, that could essentially replace the Dragon Boxes (in terms of you buying them for certain special items contained there-in).

I don't post full albums, nor do I post songs in a high bitrate, so I personally do not consider the MP3s a "replacement" for the original albums and songs. Screen caps, even when huge and looking nice, can't really "replace" the original episode, so I also don't consider those a "replacement" for the originals.

Hopefully that makes a little sense ^^;;.

8k50

Post by 8k50 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:22 am

Anyway,

at the beginning, I just wanted to see the CG clip, even if it's only on streaming, (but to be honest I would appreciate to download it on my computer) which is a small part of this extra disc and that's all.

So if MajinVejitaXV wants to propose this clip or the entire disc to download, it's his own decision and I think that it's not that action which avoid us to buy these amazing boxes !!

For my part and certainly for many fans here, it's just a matter of time and money because I won't never be satisfied with a simple divx for my 'favorite anime Dragon Ball" !!

I already spent a lot of money for Dragon Ball and believe me it's not ready to stop because like we say in France "when you love something you don't look the price".

So MajinVejitaXV it only depends on you my friend but I hope you will quickly share us your passion !!

Thanks everybody
Thank you so much Mr TORIYAMA !!

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:48 am

8k50 wrote:Anyway,

at the beginning, I just wanted to see the CG clip, even if it's only on streaming, (but to be honest I would appreciate to download it on my computer) which is a small part of this extra disc and that's all.

So if MajinVejitaXV wants to propose this clip or the entire disc to download, it's his own decision and I think that it's not that action which avoid us to buy these amazing boxes !!

For my part and certainly for many fans here, it's just a matter of time and money because I won't never be satisfied with a simple divx for my 'favorite anime Dragon Ball" !!

I already spent a lot of money for Dragon Ball and believe me it's not ready to stop because like we say in France "when you love something you don't look the price".

So MajinVejitaXV it only depends on you my friend but I hope you will quickly share us your passion !!

Thanks everybody
Since we're talking something that only was available for a limited time, and goes for the upwards of $3000/box these days (damn, shoulda bought two ;p), I don't mind sharing.

I won't give complete episode rips, DVD ISOs, or anything like that, but small clips (openings, closings, recaps, previews, etc.) I don't mind ripping, especially since they're not available stateside *at all* in some cases, be it Toei or FUNi's fault.

I'm not DaBlackGoku basically, don't ask me to be ;p

I'll rip those probably this weekend, working on getting a car loan at the moment ;)

-Corey

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:50 pm

You're all going to hate me but you do realize if we wanted to make another DBAF prank we could say it ahs CGI in it and show images from that commercial a s"proof" (imagine the speculations with the Freeza temple image)
-Laserkid

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:38 pm

laserkid wrote:You're all going to hate me but you do realize if we wanted to make another DBAF prank we could say it ahs CGI in it and show images from that commercial a s"proof" (imagine the speculations with the Freeza temple image)
Ssssssshhhhh..... >.>