How strong do you think the God power multiplier is?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: How strong do you think the God power multiplier is?

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:40 pm

We can agree to disagree then. I personally think SS Goku > Super Oob > SS3 Goku (Baby) is shown/implied but I guess it's subjective. It's not out of the realm of possibility in a Toei production though, since in the first arc of GT Goku surpassed his SS form in Base in ~4 months while in Space.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:44 am

In my head-canon, I imagine that the multiplier for a SSJG would be x50,0000,000.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:06 pm

I have the SSJG multiplier in the millions, just nothing specific yet. :)

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:42 pm

I generally put SSG at being 1,000,000x base. A nice and easy multiplier that reflects the ridiculous power increase needed to face of against Beerus. Also, it would have to be stronger than Vegetto (probably at SSj3). SSGSS would be only twice as much as the "Saiyan Beyond God" state, which functions as their new base form.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:58 am

Astronomically high it took Goku from a planet destroyer to near universal destructive output

It's an insane boost in the octodecillion range

Edit: Just checked my numbers again and it's so much higher than the octodecillion range it makes it look small holy crap :crazy:

It's insane what holding hands can do to a person

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:59 am

I will try to be minimalist now and put Super Saiyan God's powerlevel as 50 times SS3 Goku's powerlevel. By extension, Goku's current Super Saiyan and normal forms replace SSG and SS3 respectively.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:40 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:I will try to be minimalist now and put Super Saiyan God's powerlevel as 50 times SS3 Goku's powerlevel. By extension, Goku's current Super Saiyan and normal forms replace SSG and SS3 respectively.
Fifty times that of Ssj3 Goku though would put him within range of regular Super Saiya-jin Vegetto though, which would be insanely weak for something that is supposed to be so far beyond anything that Goku and the others could achieve on their own.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:48 pm

There's absolutely nothing that tells us base Vegetto is as strong as Super Saiyan 3 Goku.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 pm

The more I think about it, the more insane it needs to be. I can't picture Super Saiyan 3 Goku being much higher than a galaxy buster. Hell, let's say he can destroy 10 galaxies at once -- the universe has BILLIONS of galaxies and Godku has the power to wipe them all out. At first I was laughing at some of these numbers, like 50,000, 1,000,000, 50,000,000... but the more you think about it, yeah it really is something like that.

EDIT: I am referring to this in the context of how much stronger Goku actually became. I don't think any of the Super Saiyan forms are actually strict multipliers of base with no limit like the guidebooks state.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:I will try to be minimalist now and put Super Saiyan God's powerlevel as 50 times SS3 Goku's powerlevel. By extension, Goku's current Super Saiyan and normal forms replace SSG and SS3 respectively.
Fifty times that of Ssj3 Goku though would put him within range of regular Super Saiya-jin Vegetto though, which would be insanely weak for something that is supposed to be so far beyond anything that Goku and the others could achieve on their own.
Maybe, but I don't think SS Vegetto is that much stronger than SS3 Goku. I have Base Vegetto's powerlevel between SS and SS2 Goku's. Then, SS Vegetto would be about 10 times as strong as SS3 Goku.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:21 am

Cosmical in scale.

No one was even close to beerus and god goku managed to make beerus use most of his power on him.So the gain would be huge.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:01 pm

I think Dragon Ball / Power Level fandom has turned "multiplier" into a dirty word in my head. It never once crossed my mind that there was a "Super Saiyan God" multiplier.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:
Maybe, but I don't think SS Vegetto is that much stronger than SS3 Goku. I have Base Vegetto's powerlevel between SS and SS2 Goku's. Then, SS Vegetto would be about 10 times as strong as SS3 Goku.
If Super Vegetto is 10x SSj3 Goku, and God Goku being 50x greater than his SSj3 form, then that would make SSj3 Vegetto almost twice as strong as God Goku. Unless you opperation under the idea that Vegetto can't go SSj3. In my head, SSJ God has to be greater than a hypthetical SSj3 Vegetto to work. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:54 am

Duo wrote:I think Dragon Ball / Power Level fandom has turned "multiplier" into a dirty word in my head. It never once crossed my mind that there was a "Super Saiyan God" multiplier.
Given that Super Saiyan forms have their own multipliers, it doesn't seem too silly to think about a multiplier for God. Though, perhaps they are just simple ways to understand how different the realms of Super Saiyans and Gods are and once the Saiyans surpass those realms, like Goku and Vegeta are doing, the multipliers lose their importance.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:19 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Given that Super Saiyan forms have their own multipliers, it doesn't seem too silly to think about a multiplier for God. Though, perhaps they are just simple ways to understand how different the realms of Super Saiyans and Gods are and once the Saiyans surpass those realms, like Goku and Vegeta are doing, the multipliers lose their importance.
One of my frustrations in recent years is the fact that there actually are official Super Saiyan multipliers. It encourages this idea that there needs to be a mathematical understanding of everything taking place in the story. And while I agree that the multipliers lose their importance, I would say that began a long time ago. The only time it matters to know that Super Saiyan is 50x base is Goku on Namek. No significant battles take place with untransformed Saiyans after that, as far as the manga goes.

This can also be applied to later transformations as well. It's not that important to know how strong Super Saiyan Goku is during the Buu arc, because he doesn't fight like that very much. What matters at that point is that Super Saiyan 3 is a lot stronger than Super Saiyan 2.

With Super Saiyan God, it just seemed to flush the entire order of power right down the toilet. It's a transformation of a completely different nature, so it just seems really odd to think it multiplies off of something else. And furthermore, why does it matter if it does? The other stages are completely irrelevant now.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:07 am

Dunno maybe something like 1000x times base? and am i the only person that gets really annoyed when people bring up SSJ3 Vegito being weaker than Godku and Beerus? for all we know Goku could of been referring to SSJ Vegito only, and maybe SSJ3 Vegito is stronger than SSG which in my opinion it probably is.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:35 am

Pocket-God wrote:Dunno maybe something like 1000x times base? and am i the only person that gets really annoyed when people bring up SSJ3 Vegito being weaker than Godku and Beerus? for all we know Goku could of been referring to SSJ Vegito only, and maybe SSJ3 Vegito is stronger than SSG which in my opinion it probably is.
It wouldn't make sense for Goku to say that fusion wouldn't work if he wasn't consider the best that the fusion had to offer. If he's saying that he doesn't think that even fusion would be enough for Beerus, why would he only take into account Vegetto's Ssj strength, and exclude the fact that Vegetto could go 2x or even 8x stronger than that?

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:50 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Pocket-God wrote:Dunno maybe something like 1000x times base? and am i the only person that gets really annoyed when people bring up SSJ3 Vegito being weaker than Godku and Beerus? for all we know Goku could of been referring to SSJ Vegito only, and maybe SSJ3 Vegito is stronger than SSG which in my opinion it probably is.
It wouldn't make sense for Goku to say that fusion wouldn't work if he wasn't consider the best that the fusion had to offer. If he's saying that he doesn't think that even fusion would be enough for Beerus, why would he only take into account Vegetto's Ssj strength, and exclude the fact that Vegetto could go 2x or even 8x stronger than that?
That's without getting into Beerus using below 10% (way, way below IMO) when Goku made that judgement. Then when Goku first became SSJG he was far too amazed by himself, he was acting like it was the best thing ever and nothing could be above it, yet even that level is surpassesd time and time again as the fight progresses.
I don't think SSJ3 Vegetto is even close.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:22 pm

I don't think there is a "god" multiplier. I think "God Ki" is a certain level and quality of ki. SSG raises you to that level. You can also train to that level/type of ki like Vegeta is doing, but it is not a multiplier. Otherwise why not get stronger and do the ritual then? Or how would Goku "absorb" a multiplier?

Jeff Styles

Post by Jeff Styles » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:35 am

I have SSJ3 Goku 1% of Beerus.

SSJ-50xbase
SSJ2-100xbase
SSJ3-400xbase
SSJ4-4,000xbase
SSJG-400x60=24,000xbase

The 60 comes from SSJG Goku being a 6 while Beerus is a 10.