Was Vegeta virgin before Bulma?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Was Vegeta virgin before Bulma?

Post by Noah » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:29 pm

I know this might be a weird question to do, but this is a doubt that I had for a long time...

I always interpreted Vegeta as a character focused on his goals to become the strongest warrior in the universe, even in his earlier days with Nappa conquering Planets I can't figure out something like they abusing female alien races in their missions, well probably Nappa. Vegeta could just don't care about sex at all or just think it could be useful only for reproduction purposes.

Don't know if it's filler but there's a scene that Nappa suggests that if they breed with earthlings, they could create a powerful race, repopulate the Saiyans (?) don't remember what Vegeta answered, but it don't seemed to be a good idea for him

My point is: I don't see Vegeta as a player that had made sex with a lot of alien chicks on his earlier days before starting to live in Earth, maybe he had one experience or two, maybe Bulma was his first experience, who knows?

My main question in this thread in addition to the previous could be if Saiyans actually enjoy sex as they like fights, what you guys think?
Last edited by Noah on Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Was Vegeta virgin before Bulma?

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Don't know if it's filler but there's a scene that Nappa suggests that if they breed with earthlings, they could create a powerful race, repopulate the Saiyans (?) don't remember what Vegeta answered, but it seemed a good idea for him
It's not filler. Vegeta responds to it by saying that it wouldn't be a good idea because then they'd have brats running around with battle powers greater than theirs (his and Nappa's).

Vegeta was only a few years old when planet Vegeta was destroyed, so he obviously wouldn't have any sexual relations with other Saiya-jin. He likewise likely wouldn't have any kinds of relations while working under Freeza's rule, so it's altogether likely that Bulma was his first.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:05 pm

While waiting for a new assignment, he had the window. Even if it wasn't a priority, I assume he had urges. He probably fulfilled them the same way he thought of food and sleep. Freeza's Empire should have some females, or he could always rape invaded species. It's not like the Saiyan had much care for others at that point.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:08 pm

Vegeta doesn't seem like someone who cares much about that sort of thing generally, and from what we see of Saiyans as a species it seems like they see sex mostly as a "for making babies" thing compared to humans who go around screwing everything that moves for every possible reason (or none at all.) Heck, it's even said that actual relationships like Bardock and Gine's are unusual among Saiyans -- which works out pretty well with the "two Saiyans get together and make a baby, but the sex is only for reproduction, not part of a relationship or something they seek out for its own sake" sort of thing. So it's entirely possible that he was still a virgin before Bulma. Between him being so young when his planet was destroyed and his whole "Saiyan pride" thing probably making him a lot less likely to consider touching anyone of another species even if he really did want to for one reason or another (well... until Bulma at least XD), it seems pretty likely, actually.
Even if it wasn't a priority, I assume he had urges. He probably fulfilled them the same way he thought of food and sleep
Those "urges" don't require another individual getting involved. He has two functioning hands, after all. Which makes me wonder if there's a "Goku/Vegeta/whoever furiously masturbating" scene in some fancomic out there, like the Saiyans-eat-a-lot-and-very-quickly scenes except... y'know.

(I wouldn't put that sort of thing on the same level as eating and sleeping, by the way. You actually die if you go too long without eating or sleeping. Those are "absolutely necessary for survival" things, not "eh, a nice bonus I guess but people can and sometimes do go without" things.)

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:29 pm

Vegeta was more motivated and single-minded during his Super Saiyan training than at any other point in his life. The fact that he took time off of that to have sex with Bulma, who at the time was just an Earth woman who he didn't care about beyond her ability to repair his gravity chamber, proves that he had interest in the act and makes me assume he also had urges with other races of similar anatomy throughout his space travels. I for one can easily picture Vegeta oppressing and enslaving woman before the Saiyans arc, he was WAY more evil than Nappa and Raditz.

oreos-splash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by oreos-splash » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:58 pm

i... honestly don't know. On one.hand i'd say no because he acts waaay too prideful to want to mate with another species.

But like the others said here, the urges may come, and he just does onenight stands, get it over with and forgets about it quickly.
those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it~ Edmund Burke (at least that's what Google says)

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:07 pm

Probably not... Vegeta's likely raped a few space women.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:58 am

This topic made me think of what Bulma says to Vegeta before they go to stay at the Capsule Corp:
Bulma: "Why don't you come too? You don't have any money to stay anywhere, do ya?"
Vegeta: "PEH"
Bulma: "We'll have lots of great food! I bet you eat a lot, just like Son Goku! Just don't do anything NAUGH-TY! I know I'm hard to RESI-IST!"
Vegeta: "What a vulgar creature...She couldn't have said that any louder."
At least Vegeta knew what she was talking about, so he's not oblivious to stuff.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Considering Saiyan's don't get intimate unless it's for reproduction, I don't see Vegeta was getting freaky with an alien women.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Pantalones wrote:
Those "urges" don't require another individual getting involved. He has two functioning hands, after all. Which makes me wonder if there's a "Goku/Vegeta/whoever furiously masturbating" scene in some fancomic out there, like the Saiyans-eat-a-lot-and-very-quickly scenes except... y'know.

(I wouldn't put that sort of thing on the same level as eating and sleeping, by the way. You actually die if you go too long without eating or sleeping. Those are "absolutely necessary for survival" things, not "eh, a nice bonus I guess but people can and sometimes do go without" things.)
The urge to relive one-self and the urge to actually have sex with another person are different. They are closely related but still different.

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm sure he was. Vegeta pretty much said so himself on two occasions. One when he said he doesn't want to produce hybrid babies and two when he declined Bulma's invitation post-Frieza battle.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

visser

Post by visser » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Considering Saiyan's don't get intimate unless it's for reproduction, I don't see Vegeta was getting freaky with an alien women.
Is there something that says they only do it for reproduction(seriously I am asking)? So you think vegeta planned on having trunks then? Anyway I say no, since when he first slept with bulma he didn't care about her, and if it was some continuation of his race thing I doubt he would have wanted to have a half human child at that point.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:50 am

Vegeta's reaction to Bulma's request would seem to implicate that. He wouldn't be sweating bullets over a subject he was comfortable with.

I don't believe Saiyans even have sexual urges the way humans do, their entire biology seems to be centered towards fighting which is their greatest source of pleasure, and naturally overrules every other emotional influence. So back when there was a need to populate their race to continue fighting, those urges would probably surface, but outside of the human relationships experienced on Earth, it would become obsolete.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:13 pm

This
Lord Beerus wrote:Considering Saiyan's don't get intimate unless it's for reproduction, I don't see Vegeta was getting freaky with an alien women.
And this.
Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:This topic made me think of what Bulma says to Vegeta before they go to stay at the Capsule Corp:
Bulma: "Why don't you come too? You don't have any money to stay anywhere, do ya?"
Vegeta: "PEH"
Bulma: "We'll have lots of great food! I bet you eat a lot, just like Son Goku! Just don't do anything NAUGH-TY! I know I'm hard to RESI-IST!"
Vegeta: "What a vulgar creature...She couldn't have said that any louder."
At least Vegeta knew what she was talking about, so he's not oblivious to stuff.
Yep, I think Vegeta was virgin. He was waaaay to prideful of his pure blood to be mingling with "lesser races". Toriyama has already stated that Saiyans usually only get "married" for reproductive purposes. Also... Vegeta is too proud to show up any kind of "weakness" so I'm pretty sure Bulma was the one who instigated their first encounter because ITS BULMA. Chi-Chi must have simply explained Goku what he had to do and worked from there.

Nappa and Raditz? Freeza assumed Gohan was Raditz' child at first. I can see Raditz to be a little "wilder" than Vegeta and he would be the one to "fool around".

But even then... this begs the question of what if the presence of a Saiyan of the opposite sex would actually affect them. Perhaps with a Saiyan female they would have actually reacted and show real interest and urges?
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:07 am

Definitely yes. Considering he was freaked out at trunks being super saiyan , and even another saiyan existing, it is safe to assume that he never did leave his offspring anywhere before bulma.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Frieza deflowered the prince of all saiyans.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:33 pm

I doubt it. The saiyans were saveges. It is highly likely that they raped a couple of women here and there.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:27 am

He probably fucked Dodoria at one point.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:26 am

apex_pretador wrote:Definitely yes. Considering he was freaked out at trunks being super saiyan , and even another saiyan existing, it is safe to assume that he never did leave his offspring anywhere before bulma.
He'd have definitely also killed every single woman he had raped, though.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:21 pm

I did a video about this months ago and i find it HILARIOUS that its being brought up here (I'm not gonna plug it cause of my dirty jokes in it hahaha)

He definitely was.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ