"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGameTagerZ
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by TheGameTagerZ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:58 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Huh, it's still weird we get that group as the earliest leak, I ain't complaining, but it's a bit peculiar that it isn't in japanese(though the text on the sides seem japanese).
I get them the same time if not earlier than them. I fell asleep couldn't be bothered to wait for it thinking it was a recap.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 pm

I don't think it is parallel. Champa isn't parallel to Beerus they're brothers and Valdos isn't Whis' parallel either they're siblings too so I think with this information it is safe to assume universe 6 isn't going to be a parallel universe the layout will probably be the same but everything else will probably be different.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 pm

I don't think that we will see that many twins... I don't know but the fact that Champa doesn't even know about Earth makes me think that Earth's warrios are not that strong. If the warriors are chosen from all over the Universe, we might get some counterparts, but not the whole tournament will be a mirror match. I can see a Goku counterpart, maybe even a Vegeta one but nothing more than that.

We will see...
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Remember, in Dragon Ball, characters like Ginyu, Freeza, and Piccolo are "humans (ningen)". In this context it probably just means "non-gods".
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:01 pm

Maybe humans just means mortals...?

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Buu make sense. Maybe that Namekian book of legends or whatever that Shenlong mentioned will help him power up somehow?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:02 pm

I think, if we're gonna have any more counterparts beyond Champa and Vados, it's gonna be a Freeza or Dabra counterpart. But a Freeza counterpart would be pointless since F already exists, so I doubt it.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:03 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Remember, in Dragon Ball, characters like Ginyu, Freeza, and Piccolo are "humans (ningen)". In this context it probably just means "non-gods".
I was going to say that but wanted to find a source too, yet I couldn't find one quick enough (I'm on my phone). Thanks for clarifying that :D

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:06 pm

The only ones I want to see on Beerus' team are Goku and Vegeta and that's only because they're guaranteed to be there. Piccolo is the ONLY other character I'd be content with having a spot on Beerus' team. The other 2/3 spots I hope are filled by completely new characters. I don't want to see any parallels on Champa's team. Hopefully they're all new characters.

And yea, I'm beginning to think it's 5 Universe 6 Warriors vs 5 Universe 7 Warriors, not just warriors from Earth. It wouldn't make sense with it being said that Champa's Earth has no human life on it.
Last edited by Birusu16 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Chuquita wrote:There's definitely still stuff to clarify.

If the humans on Uni 6 earth were all killed, but Champa is taking five people from there, maybe it's five Freeza soldiers? If we're going parallel, maybe in Uni 6, Kakarrotto never hit his head, did his job, contacted Raditz, and now Earth 6 is another Freeza planet?

This may just be my wishful thinking to want to see Gokû and Kakarrotto meet though. :3
Aren't they technically the same person though? I thought they said it was a twin universe instead of alternative. That scenario even just seems like changed timelines anyways.

But since you said that, I guess they could meet their twin counterparts.

Also, Champa might not even mean humans, just earthlings that live on the planet. Seems likely. So hopefully we could get some powerups for the rest of the cast.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Birusu16 wrote:The only ones I want to see on Beerus' team are Goku and Vegeta and that's only because they're guaranteed to be there. Piccolo is the ONLY other character I'd be content with having a spot on Beerus' team. The other 2/3 spots I hope are filled by completely new characters. I don't want to see any parallels on Champa's team. Hopefully they're all new characters.

And yea, I'm beginning to think it's 5 Universe 6 Warriors vs 5 Universe 7 Warriors, not just warriors from Earth.
Who else in universe 7 is powerful enough to fill Beerus' team? Kaioshin would be the only one, but if Beerus doesn't participate, neither will he.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Hoping for some pre-tournament preparation. Beerus leading most of the cast in army type drills, to determine who will go to the tournament. It would be brilliant. I hope they don't just get into it immediately.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:10 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:The only ones I want to see on Beerus' team are Goku and Vegeta and that's only because they're guaranteed to be there. Piccolo is the ONLY other character I'd be content with having a spot on Beerus' team. The other 2/3 spots I hope are filled by completely new characters. I don't want to see any parallels on Champa's team. Hopefully they're all new characters.

And yea, I'm beginning to think it's 5 Universe 6 Warriors vs 5 Universe 7 Warriors, not just warriors from Earth.
Who else in universe 7 is powerful enough to fill Beerus' team? Kaioshin would be the only one, but if Beerus doesn't participate, neither will he.
That's why I said I want new characters. The universe is a large place. I'd rather Beerus' team not be limited to just fighters from Earth.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:10 pm

Awesome!! Please Toriyama, make it 5 saiyajins from U6 and not 5 Cell/Frieza/Buu looking aliens.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:11 pm

There is an easy power up coming for whoever the other 3 warriors are: Training with Whis. Boom, Golden Frieza levels. It makes sense.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:13 pm

By humans, Champa obvisouly meant non-gods, like him and Beerus.
Goku/Vegeta are in because they don't have any title as god of creation/destruction. Beerus is out.

This is kinda turning out like I wanted.

Universe 7 Z Fighters vs Universe 6 Fighters.
Beerus/Whis/Champa/Vados will be on the sidelines.

Now just give me 5 original characters for Universe 6 side.
Chuquita wrote: If the humans on Uni 6 earth were all killed, but Champa is taking five people from there, maybe it's five Freeza soldiers? If we're going parallel, maybe in Uni 6, Kakarrotto never hit his head, did his job, contacted Raditz, and now Earth 6 is another Freeza planet?
When Champa said their Earth was destroyed, I thought about Kakarrot too. But I don't want to see Goku vs Evil Goku (à láTree of Might) again.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Haha sweet :) now we know that goku and vegeta are on beerus team but who else guys like gohan,piccolo and buu seem like good options screw gotenks tho.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Turles isn't necessarily what Kakarrotto would be like though. If anything I think Turles is more a Raditz analogue. I think Kakarrotto would still have hints of the personality Gokû has, but still be obviously evil.

And I want to see Kakarrotto interact with Gokû and Vegeta now. X3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Wow, this is great. The new chapter is really making me hype for the new arc. They also explained about why Beerus, Champa and Whis, Vados looks alike. But that brings up an interesting question. Are they originally from universe 6 or universe 7? They say that universe 6 and universe 7 is like the back and the front. Does Whis and Vados, Beerus and Champa came from the same universe or do they have some sort of separate dimensions for things like this.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:22 pm

My translation:

Beerus’ planet
Goku and Vegeta are sparring
It’s after RoF, so they’ve got Whis’ signature on their clothes.

Goku: “I wanna get stronger and fight tons of strong guys!!”
Vegeta: “Hmph!! There’s someone stronger than you right here. Save that talk until after you’ve defeated me!!!”
Goku: “Hah!!!”

Goku punches with his left hand, then unleashes a backhand blow with his right hand, but Vegeta blocks it all and grabs Goku’s leg.

Vegeta: “I’ll be the first to defeat Beerus-sama!”
Vegeta sends Goku flying
Vegeta: “I’m not going to let you stay one step ahead of me forever!”

Vegeta chases at great speed, but Goku teleports behind him. Vegeta kicks, but just hits afterimages, ticking him off.

Vegeta: “Kuh!!!!”
Whis: “This won’t do. Vegeta-san has lost his cool yet again.”

A shadow appears behind him.

Vegeta: “Over there!!!”

But he just punches a tree

Vegeta: “Shit…!!!”
Goku: “I’ve got you now!!!”
Vegeta: “!!”
Vegeta turns into a SSGSS
Whis: “Hm, blue hair.”

He fires a shockwave that sends Goku flying

Whis: “My, my.”
Goku: “Hey that hurt, Vegeta!!! Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan was supposed to be off-limits for this match!!! If you’re gonna be a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, then I’ll be one too!!

Goku turns into SSGSS

Vegeta: “Hahaha! That’s just what I was hoping for! Obviously if we’re both Super Saiyan God Super Saiyans, then as an elite I’ll definitely be superior!!”
Goku: “No way, my Super Saiyan God Super…Ow!!! I bit my tongue!!!”
Vegeta: “……”
Goku: “Hey Vegeta, can’t we do something about that long name?”

Whis drops down

Whis: “How about…Super Saiyan Blue?”
Vegeta: “…..”
Goku: “Blue…..”
Whis: “By the way you two, transformations were forbidden in this match. I can’t have you disobeying my training instructions.”

Vegeta averts his eyes, while Goku points at Vegeta as if it’s his fault

Whis: “Are you getting carried away just because you defeated Golden Freeza? Really now…”

Narration: “In fact, a little while before this, the terrible emperor Freeza who had previously terrorized the universe came back to life and attacked Earth. However, after meeting Beerus and Whis, Goku and Vegeta received training from Whis, managing to evolve into Super Saiyan Blue, a form surpassing Super Saiyan God. And so they even managed to defeat the revived Freeza!”

Whis dresses the two up in what looks like spacesuits, and signs his signature on the front.

Whis: “Since you broke your promise, you can wear these vee~eery heavy suits as punishment.”
Vegeta: “I can’t move freely…”
Goku: “Geez, this is your fault, Vegeta!”
Vegeta: “What was that, Kakarot?!”
Goku: “You wanna fight, Vegeta?!”

Whis is about to eat some cup ramen, when Champa and Vados drop in.

Champa: “Who are those two? New pupils? Been a while, hasn’t it Whis?”
Whis: “Why, if it isn’t Champa-sama. What a rare pleasure.”
Vegeta: “Hey, there’s someone who looks like Beerus-sama!”
Goku: “Oh, and there’s a lady who looks just like Whis-san too...”
Whis: “And what brings you here?”
Champa: “Go get Beerus.”
Whis: “He is resting right now, but…Alright, please wait a moment.”
Goku: “Who the heck is this guy? Look s like a fat Beerus-sama.”
Champa: “………….”
Vados: “Hey now! Don’t be so rude. This is Beerus-sama’s twin brother, Champa-sama”

Goku: “Twins!? Really!?”
Vados: “Watch your mouth! He’s the God of Destruction for Universe 6.”
Vegeta: “What!? A God of Destruction!!”
Goku: “!! Wha…Wha?! Who’s stronger, him or Beerus-sama?”
Vados (looking at Champa’s stomach): “Why even ask? Can’t you tell just by looking at his physique?”
Champa: “Vados!!!”
Vados: “Oh! Hohoho…My apologies. By the way, Whis and I are siblings as well. Though I’m a bit more powerful.”
Goku: “Geez, I give up! Seems like there’s tons of guys stronger than me!”
Vegeta: “…Why do you look so happy about it?”
Whis: “Elder Sister, I object! After all, it’s been 1,000 years since you trained me.”
Vados: “Fufufu…Do you want to try me?”
Beerus: “What do you guys want? Did you just come to talk shit?”
Champa: “Hmph! Long time no see, Beerus. Let’s have a showdown like always. Get ready.”
Goku: “Showdown?”

The cup ramen is lined up next to a rectangular egg

Champa: “Hahahahahaha! Is this just hot water poured into a cup?”
Beerus: “What is that?...”
Champa: “Give it a taste! My latest discovery, a boiled Don-Don Bird egg! It’s so tasty, you’ll be at a loss for words.”
Goku: “So by ‘showdown’ he meant a food showdown?”
Whis: “Yes, whenever they meet up it’s always like this.”
Goku: “Darn, I thought I was gonna get to see Beerus-sama’s true power.”
Champa: “Hahah! Well, how is it?! Shocking, right?! Universe 6 definitely has much tastier food! It’s a paradise!”
Beerus: “Fufufu…Just pipe down and eat that, Champa.”
Champa: “……”
*Gulp*
Champa: “Muh…”
Beerus: “Fufufufuffu, well, how is it?”

The two of them greedily devour their food

Champa: “*gulp gulp* *exhales* Hmph, not bad, I suppose…”
Beerus: “You even drank up the soup.”
Champa: “……..Beerus……Where did you get this?”
Beerus: “A planet called ‘Earth’.”
Champa: “Earth?”
Beerus: “It’s not just this. Earth is full of countless tasty things like this!”
Champa: “Hey, Vados! There should be an ‘Earth’ in Universe 6 as well. Find it!”
Vados: “Yes, right away.”
Vegeta: “What’s this ‘Universe 6’ thing they keep mentioning?”
Whis: “Didn’t you know? There are twelve universes in total. Ours is Universe 7.”
Vegeta: “Universe 7? I’ve never heard that…”
Goku: “Now that you mention that, I think I heard this once before…”
Whis: “Champa-sama came from Universe 6. The relationship between Universe 6 and Universe 7 is like a pair of twins; they’re practically the same. They generally come in pairs, like two sides of a coin. So for instance, Universe 1 and Universe 12, or Universe 2 and Universe 11. Any two universes whose numbers add up to thirteen form a pair.”
Vegeta: “I…I didn’t know…”
Goku: “I don’t get this at all. Explain again!”
Vegeta: “…I’ll explain it for you later.”
Vados: “It’s there, Champa-sama. There’s an Earth in Universe 6 as well.”
Vegeta: “What?! There’s really another Earth over there?”
Goku: “……..”
Vados: “But…Unfortunately, there was an idiotic war on our Earth in the past…and it seems the human race was wiped out.”
Champa: “What?!”
Beerus: “Hahhahah, too bad, Champa! So you don’t have any humans left to make super-delicious foods!”
Goku: “Well, I guess that sort of thing does happen. Our Earth has been in all sorts of tight spots! Heck, even Vegeta tried to destroy it.”
Vegeta: “…..Don’t dredge up the past.”
Champa: “Beerus, let’s have a contest….”
Beerus: “Huh? What sort of contest?”
Champa: “If I win this martial arts contest, we’ll trade Earths.”
Beerus: “Hahahahahaha! Me and you, fight?”
Champa: “Not that. It’ll be a contest between select individuals from each of our universes…Yeah, how about a five-person team battle? Members will fight one at a time, and whichever side defeats the opposing team's final competitor wins. Let’s hold a Universe 6 and 7 God of Destruction Invitational Tournament!”
Goku: “(AT LAST!!!)”
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Draconic wrote:There is an easy power up coming for whoever the other 3 warriors are: Training with Whis. Boom, Golden Freeza levels. It makes sense.
For Piccolo, I would bring The Namekian Book of Legends.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.