Should DBS show two episodes a week?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Blackstripe
Regular

Re: Should DBS show two episodes a week?

Post by Blackstripe » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:59 am

DragonBallLove wrote:Exactly the opposite; We'd prefer to see two episoder per month, like Sailor Moon Crystal, for the sake of good animation.
Who's "we"?

People can hardly wait on it to get through the RoF arc as it, I can't see them tolerating twice the wait.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:00 pm

precita wrote:
JulieYBM wrote: In 2014 171 weekly animated series were created and aired. In 2015 there are at least 156 animated series being produced. There are no animators available to suddenly start doubling the length of episodes aired, especially not for a TV series that doesn't bring in one-of-a-kind ratings.
Why do they even animate that many different anime shows each year? I mean who actually watches all that stuff? 156 different anime shows comes out in a single year and that's considered, "little?"

I would consider 50 different anime a year to be "a lot," but 150+ is mind boggling.
A lot of people. This is Japan, where adults get cartoons made for them, too...because they actually make it somewhat financially responsible to produce.

Dragon Ball fandom on the Internet has proven to be pretty sheltered in this regard, surprisingly. "You mean they make cartoons other than DBZ?!" is something I seem to hear all the time...which is just baffling. I guess this is what happens when the 'majority of Dragon Ball fans' aren't actually animation or comics fans.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Son Goku
Regular

Post by Son Goku » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:18 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:Exactly the opposite; We'd prefer to see two episoder per month, like Sailor Moon Crystal, for the sake of good animation.
DragonBallLove wrote:Sailor Moon Crystal
DragonBallLove wrote:good animation
I'm choking and my drink is spat out all over my monitor because of this post.
I also go by "veemonjosh".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:22 am

Terrible trash that Sailor Moon Crystal was, cutting the number of episodes that need to air down in half would help the production...assuming the staff wasn't also cut in half. Then again, both have shitty character designs nobody was really allowed to deviate from much, so who knows if that would help.

Of course, there's a better chance of the production staff being doubled than Dragon Ball Super going twice-monthly.

EDIT: Wow, I had no idea you were visiting here, veemonjosh.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf