Fanmanga - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Fanmanga - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm actually surprised I've never heard of this one. Yamcha-centric, takes place after the Cell Games, Last update was the 9th of October. I just started my archive binge.

http://dbzelsewhere.thecomicseries.com/comics/first
Last edited by FoolsGil on Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Doctor. » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:06 pm

It's alright I suppose. I have to question Yamcha's characterization since here he's focused on training from the beginning, while we know that he gave up fighting after Cell; it's a radically different view and I don't think the author gave it too much attention despite this story being a different version of the Boo arc (I presume at least, especially after the Kaioshins get involved; if not, then he's gonna have trouble tying it in with the Boo arc). Some things don't make sense like why Gyumao helped Kyonshi and why Yamcha was so ridiculously scared of Gyumao at the start of DB, when he managed to put up a good fight here, and still got stronger after that; following early DB Yamcha's characterization, he should have thought that he could beat Gyumao.

And maybe I misinterpreted that part, but why were the DBs a part of the undoing of the seal? I thought all you need was the 4 masters. Kyonshi's decision to turn to Yamcha's side so quickly is weird. It wasn't a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" type of deal, he seemed to have fully repented, which is weird considering even Heiwa said that he was pure evil. I also wonder why some characters even exist. I understand Barracks and Yunomi, because they're used to give Yamcha a backstory (even though I think a character like him is better off without one), but they've been pretty useless so far. Why does Pigero even exist besides comic relief? We know nothing about him, he just came out of nowhere. He was used to move the plot forward at the beginning, but after that he had no reason to stay in the story.

I suppose there's no "real" way to write these kinds of stories, but I find the whole thing incredibly fanboy-ish. Not only does Yamcha resume training, training in the RoSaT as well, but he gets stronger than Kuririn and Tenshinhan straight off the bat. Conveniently, there are 4 sacred schools that he was a part of, and the son of a Kaioshin was sealed on Earth, and conveniently yet again, an ancient God thing decided to use his body as a vessel. At least he didn't get ridiculously strong (like most stories where the author focuses on a secondary character), he's still somewhat below base Goku, but I have no doubt that he will somehow become the strongest at one point, it's how these stories usually go. The whole "give the humans the zenkai boost" thing also made me facepalm, hard.

Anyway, no point in dropping it when I'm so far in, I'll keep an eye on it because the action is quite good, despite being somewhat unnecessarily bloody for my taste. I'm curious how Boo (and Boo arc stuff like Super Saiyan 3) will somehow tie into all of this.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:28 pm

I like seeing Yamcha motivated to train after the Cell Games and sort of reevaluate his life with both Bulma and Goku gone but I can't help but feel there's some over compensating going on. I'm cool with Yamcha training in the gravity machine but the ROSAT seems like overkill. I also think it would've been cooler if Yamcha just left the Earth and decided to become the protector of another planet or even the galaxy at large. He might be near useless on Earth, but out there? I think he'd do good for himself.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:24 pm

I remember when it was being published even before the several-years hiatus (wow, I feel old now) and I have to say that it is one of my favourite DB fanmangas. Sure, it's fanboyism towards Yamcha taken almost to the extreme BUT the author can tell a story, can flesh characters out, can fit it into overall DB story (BTW, I don't think it was meant to be an alternate version of the Buu saga, I guess rather that it will end by feeding back into the canon manga). And the new chapters are actually quite nicely drawn so that's a bonus. But I was reading this primarily for the story and I still wait for each next chapter.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:37 am

Finally finished reading it.

As fanboyism in a fancomic, goes, I'm not surprised as those two things go hand in hand- only difference is that the one running this series prefers humans to saiyans. I'm not even mad at the idea of a new threat, you gotta have something new for these alt conts, plus it did say that this new powerup and enemy was supposed to be for Goku, so it's not fanboy to the detriment of series staples. Art is medium, I've seen worst on DBM, but I really wish the artwork would improve. Art progression makes webcomics a lot easier to tolerate if the art starts off subpar. I definitely give this a recommendation.

balmsold

Post by balmsold » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 pm

hello all , I'm glad you have enjoyed the comic so far. Thanks for the feedback regarding the comic, we appreciate it a lot :D
I'm friend with RMK the creator of this comic(as well collaborator for hyper dragon ball z) . I'm going to help him revamp volume one and maybe future chapters as well ,and maybe animate it once I'm more experienced in the future :D .

wall of text hidden here reggarding the story so far.
hopefully I didn't come as rude in some of my notes , if that so I'm sorry.

some stories that RMK wanted to add as side stories on this comic wouldn't fit on it and would probably slow down the pacing of it. so I was planning on animating them myself when it comes the time as I said before.
if any of you have more questions about this feel free to ask me here,we want to give more attention onto this comic and with you guys feedback we can make it better.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 am

Nice to meet you balmsold. I suppose the only question I have is when is the next update, I definitely would love to see more DBZ webcomics updated and talked about regularly especially this one.

balmsold

Post by balmsold » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:56 pm

rmk is kinda busy with his life as well as job, but he might get the weekend free to work on it ,and hopefully finish it by next week

balmsold

Post by balmsold » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:32 pm

I think Yamcha is just as frustrated as the rest of you with all the delays. Chapter 21 coming this Friday.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:15 am

balmsold wrote:I think Yamcha is just as frustrated as the rest of you with all the delays. Chapter 21 coming this Friday.

Is this from the newest page? Did you ink it? Looks great

balmsold

Post by balmsold » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:28 am

actually RMK did it,I haven't inked anything yet, and yes its from the newest pages.
I'll get to ink the first volume the next year

balmsold

Post by balmsold » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:36 am

new chapter is out! hope you guys like it!
http://dbzelsewhere.thecomicseries.com/comics/315

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Yamcha's "Pachinko" Bomb is definitely my new favorite attack. And apparently, he has one more trick left.

Really glad to see its updated.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Maybe a higher Kaioken than Goku? That's what I interpreted.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:27 pm

The necessity for Yamcha to wipe the slate clean with everyone is a cool angle to take for his character and should make for some cool interactions with other characters in and out of fights if this battle is anything to go by. Personally I'm looking forward to what'll happen with him and Bulma the most out of all them for obvious reasons.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:06 pm

I think if Yamcha trained in 300x gravity, the ROSAT. Got his potential unlocked Gohan style and got to ability to have zenkais (which would still require work on his part)
AND still this only caught him back to the "slightly below base Goku" that the humans were at at the BoZ I think that's totally reasonable.

I'm kinda surprised Gohan and Chichi don't count as sacred school people. If they were trained by people from them you think they would be.

If you check the comments on the latest chapter Saligair of DBM fame is praising the comic which is really nice.

He said he considers it the canon explanation of Yamchas scars! Which begs the question why he left the U18 humans out of DBM even as spectators and what happened with all the elsewhere stuff in Cyborg Yamchas universe! Or he could have just meant it as a compliment...

This comic needs more love. It's very original at least. It uses DB lore and isn't another AF type nonsense.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

balmsold

Post by balmsold » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:49 pm

heeey, thats really nice to hear! do you happen to have the link were salagir said that?

about gohan and chichi, the answer is simple , even tho they still were trained by people from those schools they are still informal students, which I think it doesn't really count.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:31 pm

balmsold wrote:heeey, thats really nice to hear! do you happen to have the link were salagir said that?
Last of the new pages

balmsold

Post by balmsold » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:30 am

oooh I thought it was on the dbm site haha my bad :lol:

Sinestro
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sinestro » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:44 pm

Oh man, I remember this from when I was younger! Thanks for the link, and great to hear it's being continued!