I'm almost 100% certain Super on BD will look much better

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

I'm almost 100% certain Super on BD will look much better

Post by coola » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Almost every single anime released on Blu-ray get visual edits from TV counterparts, Saint Seiya Gold and SM Crystal got them, even anime who already look pretty good get uncensored/fixed on BD http://www.otakutale.com/2015/monster-m ... view-nsfw/ (Warning, absolutely NSFW :oops:
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I'm almost 100% certain Super on BD will look much bette

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Jaco will love those examples. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Eh, didn't know MonMusu was already released on BD. Thanks man!
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:13 pm

The problem is the bulk of the anime people use to make this statement are late night series aimed at otaku or web series that later find their way to television. More appropriate comparisons should be made with series more akin to Super and its Saturday morning (commercial for kids) timeslot, like One Piece and Toriko (both also handled by Toei). I don't know if they've received edits or not once it came to a home release, but I've heard nothing about it happening. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:16 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:The problem is the bulk of the anime people use to make this statement are late night series aimed at otaku or web series that later find their way to television. More appropriate comparisons should be made with series more akin to Super and it's Saturday morning timeslot, like One Piece and Toriko (both also handled by Toei). I don't know if they've received edits or not once it came to a home release, but I've heard nothing about it happening. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Some of the One Piece specials have received edits in their home releases, but I have no idea about the actual TV series itself.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Ore, Twintail is show made for TV, and changes made for disc version are stunning http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/04/30/s ... u-pay-for/
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:36 pm

Do you think this is why Funi or Toei are waiting to get super to america? Or am I way off?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Retan wrote:Do you think this is why Funi or Toei are waiting to get super to america? Or am I way off?
That likely has nothing to do with it. As always, it's most likely the price Toei is asking for combined with whatever stipulations they have in their contract for licensees (TV broadcasts lined up, merchandising lined up, staggered release schedule behind Japan, etc.).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::