Cell Saga: Who's stronger? Trunks or Vegeta

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Cell Saga: Who's stronger? Trunks or Vegeta

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:49 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: Cell Saga: Who's stronger? Trunks or Vegeta

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Vegeta is more powerful till Trunks trained when he came back to the future.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:04 am

I sincerely doubt you get Saiyan healing boosts when you actually die.

As for Grade 3, it only made Trunks stronger than Vegeta because Vegeta chose not to use that form, being aware of its weaknesses. Plus, they both seemed to have abandoned the Grade stages by the Cell Games anyway, and focused on perfecting on using regular Super Saiyan like Goku and Gohan had.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:45 am

Vegeta's stronger, but not by a large margin. They're almost equal.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:09 pm

In my opinion, Vegeta and Trunks are practically identical in strength.

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:01 pm

During the battle with Cell, Vegeta is the stronger of the two, and even states as much when introducing Trunks to Cell. Vegeta was more experienced and knew better than to waste time using grade 3 for anything more than powering up his Final Flash. The difference between the two at this point in the story is not huge though, they are very close.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

Jeff Styles

Post by Jeff Styles » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:20 pm

The only time Trunks was stronger than Vegeta was when Freeza and King Cold came to Earth and when he uses the USSJ form.Vegeta told Semi Perfect Cell, Trunks is not as strong as him is, but he's pretty close.Trunks thought he was stronger only because he found an new form.Vegeta could have does the same, but abandon it because of it sacrifices of speed.

Saiyans don't gets an Zenkai Boost when they came back from the dead.It an near death experience.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:29 am

Jeff Styles wrote:Saiyans don't gets an Zenkai Boost when they came back from the dead.It an near death experience.

Also, after they become Super Saiyan, Zenkai Boosts are a thing of the past, to my understanding.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Jeff Styles

Post by Jeff Styles » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:07 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Jeff Styles wrote:Saiyans don't gets an Zenkai Boost when they came back from the dead.It an near death experience.

Also, after they become Super Saiyan, Zenkai Boosts are a thing of the past, to my understanding.
We really don't know that for sure.No one after the Freeza Arc was really close to dying except Goku from his heart virus.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:21 am

It's basically the same gap as Trunks and Goten. Vegeta is Trunks and Trunks is Goten.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 am

Jeff Styles wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote:

We really don't know that for sure.No one after the Freeza Arc was really close to dying except Goku from his heart virus.
The Daizenshuu hints at that basically being the case, and there were a number of situations where they were reduced to a state (in comparison to other established times we've seen them get them) and there wasn't any mention or hint at a power-up at all.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:14 am

I can't believe there are 2 Darkprince's in the same topic :crazy:

But yeah, if there was ever an increase, it was minuscule.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:26 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:But yeah, if there was ever an increase, it was minuscule.
Yup, but I think people are getting too caught up in what that increase applies to. Vegeta can still get 3 million+ boosts from almost dying, it just hasn't to be exclusively boosting his base form, but rather his overall power, thus the boost is minuscule unlike if his base form was boosted by 3 million+ and he could boost it even further with a 50x multiplier, like so:

Logic 1

#18: 200,000,000.

Vegeta: 3,000,000.
-SS: 150,000,000.
-post #18 fight: 6,000,000.
--SS: 300,000,000.

Which doesn't really make sense, as no significant power increase was noted for Vegeta and he was basically deriding himself for perhaps being at his limit.
If we take the other approach it looks like this:

Logic 2

#18: 200,000,000.

Vegeta: 3,000,000.
-SS: 150,000,000.
--post #18 fight: 155,000,000.

Here Vegeta gets a 5,000,000 battle power boost, but it only strengthens his overall power, thus barely registering as a significant increase for Vegeta and still making him completely irrelevant against the androids.

As for Trunks vs Vegeta. Vegeta is slightly stronger or Trunks is just as strong as him in equivalent forms, but Vegeta's pride refuses to acknowledge it.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:20 am

Yeah, the idea of their overall power being slightly better makes much more sense. Never thought of it like that.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:36 am

Vegeta, a little bit.

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:40 pm

I'd say Trunks was stronger due to his hidden potential.

Vegeta can use that form, sure. But Vegeta's full power wasn't as strong as Trunks' because of that.
Last edited by TheUltimateVegito on Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Vegeta was stronger, but not by much.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Vegeta is ever so slightly stronger because nothing says the previous power relationship between the two changed. At absolute best I'd peg them as equals.