NFL/DBZ Crossover

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

NFL/DBZ Crossover

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:32 am

https://www.facebook.com/foxsports/vide ... 432129552/ (via FOX Sports)

Although this was from Halloween, one of them dressed as Goku.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Re: NFL/DBZ Crossover

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:49 am

Ugh. "Kay-o-ken". :problem:

Been so long since I've heard it mispronounced that it kinda irks me.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:43 am

They're NFL players not weaboos.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:08 am

Bullza wrote:They're NFL players not weaboos.
Knowing the correct pronunciation of a foreign word has absolutely nothing to do with being a Weeaboo.

People throw around the label so much that its practically losing its definition. Its reached the point where merely liking anime automatically labels you as such.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:55 am

Love the comments "Isn't Goku white?". Smdh. Done.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:03 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:Ugh. "Kay-o-ken". :problem:

You should be happy that there are Football players into the show, mispronunciations, warts and all. It's just like Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston pretending to be the Great Saiyaman during Thor 2 shooting-Of course they were doing the poses wrong, but they at least grew up with show and should be viewed with amusement not irritation, same with these guys.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:04 am

Laughed too hard at that top rated comment. :lol:

Very good costume, though! Turned out much better than mine was going to. :thumbup:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:19 am

Gonstead wrote: People throw around the label so much that its practically losing its definition. Its reached the point where merely liking anime automatically labels you as such.
Good. Let it. The world needs less negative labels to throw around towards people who are just trying to enjoy an interest. Regardless of any eccentric, over the top, or Frasier Crane-like fashion it's done in.

Anyway, I thought this video was awesome. Seeing athletes who make so much money still enjoying DragonBall gives me a warm feeling in my heart. Not everyone treats DragonBall or Anime fandom as a lifestyle. For some it's just mere nostalgia from childhood and that's great in its own right.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:28 am

FoolsGil wrote:

You should be happy that there are Football players into the show, mispronunciations, warts and all. It's just like Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston pretending to be the Great Saiyaman during Thor 2 shooting-Of course they were doing the poses wrong, but they at least grew up with show and should be viewed with amusement not irritation, same with these guys.
Believe me, regardless of what my previous comment might imply, I'm not someone who stresses "the importance" of being "correct". Hell, I say "Say-an", don't use Genki Dama over Spirit Bomb and if I'm not thinking about it, sometimes, I'll use Hercule over Mr. Satan. By all means, go out there and DB it up, regardless of what's "right and wrong" and I won't think any less of you. I've just been pretty engrossed with the original version of the series as of late that hearing "Kay-o-ken" was a bit jarring to me.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:59 am

Gonstead wrote:
Knowing the correct pronunciation of a foreign word has absolutely nothing to do with being a Weeaboo.

People throw around the label so much that its practically losing its definition. Its reached the point where merely liking anime automatically labels you as such.

Doesnt beat people mispronouncing "karaoke" or "Ninja"

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:29 am

Do you even know what that word means?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:06 pm

Gonstead wrote: People throw around the label so much that its practically losing its definition. Its reached the point where merely liking anime automatically labels you as such.
It's especially ridiculous when it's used on a forum about a Japanese series! It's amazing how many times I've seen users use that "term" in recent times. It's like throwing stones in glass houses.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:18 pm

I'm not familiar with the players, but one of them couldn't distinguish Kaioken from Super Saiyan, so it's obvious they just grew up with the series and are not hardcore fans like us. I think we can allow some mispronunciations.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:41 pm

Yeah we kinda had this conversation (in much less detail) http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=32207

I said almost the some thing, :shock: . Also nice to see you back.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:58 pm

Is this a joke post or are you being serious?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:10 pm

In other news Aaron Rodgers went on to state that 3D is pig disgusting and that 2D women are far superior. He closed the interview by casually mentioning how shit your waifu is.

Jokes aside, I'm glad Dragon Ball is such a fondly remembered action cartoon over here.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:18 pm

Akumaito Beam wrote:In other news Aaron Rodgers went on to state that 3D is pig disgusting and that 2D women are far superior. He closed the interview by casually mentioning how shit your waifu is.
I would love to see that actually happen. That guy can be downright scary in an eerie way. I remember after the whole Replacement Ref debacle a few years ago when Green Bay lost to Seattle on a BS call, Rodgers eyes looked like he was doing to go on a killing spree during the post-game interview.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:35 pm

He's need to work on his kamehameha. :P

Other than that, good job. :thumbup:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:23 pm

That doesn't mean that they can't be.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:30 pm

As others have pointed out, pronouncing something the right way does not mean that you are a "weaboo".

You're not even using the word correctly...
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)