can Janemba be close to Super Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

can Janemba be close to Super Buu?

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:23 am

I have Janemba at about 70% of Super Buu does anyone else see a problem with that?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: can Janemba be close to Super Buu?

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:50 am

Given that Goku was able to perform somewhat well against Janemba's fighting form, though was still overpowered, I'd only put his second form as being somewhat above Pure Buu in terms of power, which would still leave him considerably weaker than Evil Buu's strength. At best, he'd be a little stronger than Super Saiya-jin Gotenks, so still around 8 times weaker than Evil Buu.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:58 am

Truhan wrote:I only have SSJ3 Gotenks 1.6 times stronger than SSJ3 Goku, and Ultimate Gohan 2 times stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks. They match my predictions of Buu's power, using symbolic numbers:

8192 - Super Buu w/ Ultimate Gohan
4096 - Super Buu w/ SSJ3 Gotenks
1280 - Ultimate Gohan
1000 - SSJ Gogeta
800 - Janemba
640 - Super Buu, SSJ3 Gotenks
400 - Kid Buu, SSJ3 Goku
1 - Base Goku, Vegeta, Gohan
0.08 - Base Trunks, Goten
A possible placement, as 2 times stronger than SSJ3 Goku and 1.25 times weaker than SSJ Gogeta. Alternatively, you could make him equal to Super Buu, which I thought was the point of the movie.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:30 am

I've always gone with Janemba being equal to or slightly stronger than Buutenks, but it seems like everyone else thinks he's actually pretty weak. XD

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:21 am

Goku was able to damage Jenemba with his attacks and actually stunned him on more than one occasion. Goku was only really flatout overpowered when Jenemba got his sword. Before that, he wasn't getting utterly stomped.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:53 am

1.6 times stronger than SSJ3 Goku and 1.5625 times weaker than SSJ Gogeta doesn't sound bad at all :P

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:11 am

I have Janemba around Post ROSAT SSJ Gotenks at best.Goku was able to land some good hits on Janemba whereas his attacks arent even fazing Buutenks.Super Buu is leagues above SSJ3 Goku its not even funny.

Janemba = 15

SSJ Gotenks(Post ROSAT) = 15

SSJ Gotenks(Pre ROSAT) = 10

SSJ3 Goku = 9

Fat Buu = 7.5

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:53 pm

SSJ3 Goku outside of the manga is superior to Gotenks and probably near Ultimate Gohan. Let's noy forget the one in Fusion Reborn is dead and in the Other World, making him much greater in Ki control.

Just sayin'.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:04 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:SSJ3 Goku outside of the manga is superior to Gotenks and probably near Ultimate Gohan. Let's noy forget the one in Fusion Reborn is dead and in the Other World, making him much greater in Ki control.

Just sayin'.
The fight between Buutenks and SSJ3 Goku never happened in the manga i think.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:55 pm

Unless Goku is incredibly haxed in M12, then no, I don't see a reason to have Janemba so high, personally.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:59 pm

I put Janemba around Buutenks level too since Goku did kill Hirudegarn while he was alive and Goku seems much stronger when he was dead due to greater ki control.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:01 pm

I always thought Janemba is supposed to be Boo's movie version. So putting post revealed material aside, he is probably at around the same level as Evil Boo.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:53 pm

I think Evil Janemba is somewhere in-between regular Evil Boo and his Gotenks- or Gohan-absorbed levels. He'd be noticeably stronger than Ultimate Gohan but still trailing a bit behind both of Boo's absorbed forms. He's still an outrageously strong foe whom nothing short of a Goku-Vegeta Fusion could defeat.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Faustus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Faustus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:07 pm

While I admittedly don't frequent these in-universe parts all that much, wasn't Janemba specifically cited as the strongest of the movie villains -- stronger than even Hirudegarn, who makes short work of Gohan -- at some point in some interview or other?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Faustus wrote:While I admittedly don't frequent these in-universe parts all that much, wasn't Janemba specifically cited as the strongest of the movie villains -- stronger than even Hirudegarn, who makes short work of Gohan -- at some point in some interview or other?
Yeah, it was on Toei's old web page for Movie 13. Although the reason they gave was kind of sketchy ("Goku beat Hirudegarn but Janemba beat Goku"), the idea itself is legit.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:31 pm

But at the same time Takao Koyama said the opponent that fought against Goku in each movie had to surpass the enemy that Goku fought in the previous movie.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:34 pm

To be fair, Movie 13 has SSJ3 Gotenks > Ultimate Gohan.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Jeff Styles

Post by Jeff Styles » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:17 pm

Goku held his own well against Janemba.He attacks, stuns, and dodge Janemba's attacks more than once.Though in the end, he was overpower.Then again this Toei hax Goku who is greatly than Ultimate Gohan.Janemba's first form was stronger than Fat Boo.

SSJ Gotenks(post ROSAT)~Evil Janemba>SSJ3 Goku>Fat Janemba

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:13 pm

Hiredugarn could be stronger than Janemba, and Goku could have trained to surpass both Mystic Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks. I don't think we have a specific time frame for that movie, so anything could happen. You could paint Gohan's poor performance against Hirudegarn as a situational pay off for his excellent skills against the lower half, and as a prelude of things to come. Vegeta fought well too.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Janemba is nowhere near the same strength as Super Boo. Goku was outfight frightened at the prospect of taking on Super Boo if he and Vegeta weren't fused together, while SSJ3 Goku was able to hold his against Janemba until Janemba started to use his reality warping powers to gain the advantage.