The utter failure that is Revival of F.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: The utter failure that is Revival of F.

Post by Cetra » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:45 pm

Hero wrote:RF on the other hand was made from Toriyama liking a concert and wanting to bring Freeza back for the fun of it... and it was definitely a bunch of fun!
Freeza was revived because one guy from Toei asked Toriyama-san to bring Freeza back. There is even a link to it on kanzenshuu somewhere. I think in the main thread of Ressurrection F.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:16 pm

I thought Toriyama brought back Freeza because he like a song that was based around Freeza?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Cetra wrote:
Hero wrote:RF on the other hand was made from Toriyama liking a concert and wanting to bring Freeza back for the fun of it... and it was definitely a bunch of fun!
Freeza was revived because one guy from Toei asked Toriyama-san to bring Freeza back. There is even a link to it on kanzenshuu somewhere. I think in the main thread of Ressurrection F.
Really? Can you give a link to that because I don't remember hearing or reading that before? :?

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:27 pm

Hero wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Really? Can you give a link to that because I don't remember hearing or reading that before? :?
Honestly, the whole thing is a bit iffy. It's not really known for sure who's idea it was. It's mainly attributed to Toriyama, but I do remember watching an interview somewhere where some producer said that resurrecting Freeza was his idea. That said, it was just one small insignificant interview. I don't think that holds too much water in terms of reliability.

Edit: Found the video. A producer mentions that it was his idea at around the 5:35 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvO7XK7f5g

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:10 am

Hero wrote:
Cetra wrote:
Asking someone to find 1 specific post in a 1500 pages thread with 30000 posts ...
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:50 am

I wouldn't take anything that video says seriously. It was full of misinformation like Gohan being Goku's only son and BoG was done entirely in CGI. I really wouldn't put any stock in what that videos says.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:35 am

Maximum the Hormone – “F” song seem like it was the one that give Toriyama to bring back Freeza.
This time, Freeza will be revived!
The “F” stands for “Freeza”.
This is because it’s an idea that came to me in a flash after I listened to a song called “F” by Maximum the Hormone, whom I had been introduced to by a friend, back when I was fretting over what to do about the story for the next movie.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/16/ne ... f-content/
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:56 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Maximum the Hormone – “F” song seem like it was the one that give Toriyama to bring back Freeza.
This time, Freeza will be revived!
The “F” stands for “Freeza”.
This is because it’s an idea that came to me in a flash after I listened to a song called “F” by Maximum the Hormone, whom I had been introduced to by a friend, back when I was fretting over what to do about the story for the next movie.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/04/16/ne ... f-content/
I know that. That is the problem. There are two different stories.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:58 am

I think it was a few things. I think TOEI liked it cause it was A. Frieza and B. So many complained how there wasnt enough fighting in BOG that we pretty much got DBZ Fighting the movie. C. Those two things have a larger international appeal.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:21 am

Rank doesn't equal strength. Plus that was before Freeza actually trained too. I'm not saying that Piccolo struggling against that mook wasn't stupid, I'm just saying that you can't really say that they 'nerfed' Piccolo given there's not necessarily anything concrete that explicitly states that Shisame was as strong as Zarbon or Dodoria.
I'm certain they said he's as strong as them. They weren't talking about his rank. And logically it makes little sense, why go through all the trouble to revive Freeza if Shisami can give Piccolo a run for his money?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:37 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I thought Toriyama brought back Freeza because he like a song that was based around Freeza?
That's what Toriyama said, but in the Imagine-Nation special, the producer of the movie said he was the one who decided to bring Freeza back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvO7XK7f5g
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:07 pm

I see ROF as a training arc/movie. We got Freeza coming back, Goku and Vegeta learning they have to fight together and new transformations to all three of them. I had a lot of fun with this movie and IMO this movie is just that...fun! Is not suppose to setup things and expand the universe of DB like BOG did.

I don't think it was a utter failure, we got some great fight scenes, Jaco was really funny and a cool new transformation.
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:45 pm

ABED wrote: I'm certain they said he's as strong as them. They weren't talking about his rank. And logically it makes little sense, why go through all the trouble to revive Freeza if Shisami can give Piccolo a run for his money?
Even if he was as strong as Zarbon and Dodoria, there's the whole training with Freeza for several months thing too. Honestly though, I kind of figure it's a bit pointless to argue about it... The movie gives us so little information when it comes to strength that it almost feels pointless to debate this kind of thing. In any case, what little facts we do know tend to lean towards your position; so I guess I'll concede this.

By the way does no one else read my posts?! I put up the interview video and gave my own explanations and yet immediately after, people don't seem to notice and seem to be posting up the video again and repeating what I said prior. Am I just hard to understand?! Is my grammar just really sloppy or something?! :lol:

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:22 pm

I wouldn't say failure but... certainly there were many missed opportunities.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Lord Exor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Lord Exor » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:56 am

The cogency and quality of the plot becomes subordinate to fighting power debates... gotta love Kanzenshuu.
"My dear friend, how can I make this even more painful for you? I could crush your hands, rip off both of your ears, or maybe I'll just smash in your tiny little cranium. Ehehehehehehehe."
—Frieza

"Alright big guy, whatever turns you on."
—Frieza