Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:54 am

Also, remember how many people ALREADY SAW the film in theaters. Some people just don't NEED to own it after watching it.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:22 am

Plus with Battle of Gods the Home Video release was an extended cut not seen in theatres whereas that's not the case for Resurrection F.

Still being that more people are aware of this movie I did expect it'd sell better, that said most home video sales are dropping across the board anyway.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:50 am

Yup, there are lots of people that no longer buy physical copies and just watch movies on amazon and the like. I ony ever rented BoG from Amazon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:12 am

Some people just download it and don't give a f*** about piracy and anything else, such a shame
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:46 pm

Sometimes I really hate streaming for slowly killing off home video releases. Blu-Rays are finally to take off and now they are starting to slowly die down despite not taking over the home video market like DVD's did.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:42 pm

Right, UK Fans, I can confirm that the Special Collector's Edition of "F" from Manga UK will contain the on-disc extras from the FUNi release. I know it was probably predicted, but the Amazon listing didn't mention it.
This information came straight from Jerome at Manga UK.

Here's the current listing on Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Res ... ction+of+f

This will be my third copy of the movie, to go along with the Special Collector's Edition from Toei Japan, and the Special Edition FUNi release. I just love this movie!!.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:53 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:Right, UK Fans, I can confirm that the Special Collector's Edition of "F" from Manga UK will contain the on-disc extras from the FUNi release. I know it was probably predicted, but the Amazon listing didn't mention it.
This information came straight from Jerome at Manga UK.

Here's the current listing on Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Ball-Res ... ction+of+f

This will be my third copy of the movie, to go along with the Special Collector's Edition from Toei Japan, and the Special Edition FUNi release. I just love this movie!!.
Yes! That's fantastic to hear!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:23 am

According to The Numbers RoF sold 48,329 copies on DVD, a tad more than what it sold on Blu Ray.

That's actually quite odd for a few reasons that I won't bother to mention because nobody cares.

Unless there's some kinda mistake it means the movie sold 96,485 copies on BR and DVD which accounts for $3.12 million in revenue.

Battle of Gods sold 85,454 copies week 1 which was worth $2.13 million.

I've seen that these numbers fluctuate week by week so it'll probably be all different in the weeks to come.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:11 am

Bullza wrote:According to The Numbers RoF sold 48,329 copies on DVD, a tad more than what it sold on Blu Ray.

That's actually quite odd for a few reasons that I won't bother to mention because nobody cares.

Unless there's some kinda mistake it means the movie sold 96,485 copies on BR and DVD which accounts for $3.12 million in revenue.

Battle of Gods sold 85,454 copies week 1 which was worth $2.13 million.

I've seen that these numbers fluctuate week by week so it'll probably be all different in the weeks to come.
Those are very unusual numbers. Usually BR sells more than DVD on average when it comes to the home release of any movie. Maybe people who saw the film and realised that there were not enough extras to entice them to go specifically for BR release, like Battle Of Gods provided, and decided to go for the cheaper option and buy it on DVD.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:22 am

It's very bizarre as BoG sold around 60,000 ish on BR and 24,000 ish on DVD and seeing as how DVD's are falling in popularity then the gap should have been even wider for this one.

What's also questionable is that they have 48,000 BR's being worth $960,000 and 48,000 DVD's being worth $2.16 million. That should be the other way around surely.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Just a heads up; if you were looking to pick up the Japanese limited edition box set, now would be a good time as it's currently 30% on CD Japan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/DSTD-3851
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BSTD-3851
Treat yourself to an early Christmas gift. :)

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:46 pm

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Dorago ... ideo-sales

About 48,000 BR and DVD sales in its second week. That's about 143,000 copies sold total which is worth $4.6 million which is more than what they had BoG as amassing after 4 weeks (it was about $4.1 million).

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Bullza wrote:http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Dorago ... ideo-sales

About 48,000 BR and DVD sales in its second week. That's about 143,000 copies sold total which is worth $4.6 million which is more than what they had BoG as amassing after 4 weeks (it was about $4.1 million).
Damn, ROF is making FUNimation truckloads of money. Just makes you wonder how successful a third film will be if it got a genuine widescreen release and advertising in the US.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:14 pm

Well it'd make a lot more than what RoF did, just perhaps not enough to warrant having such a release.

They just need to build on it each time. BoG had 800 screens and was advertised for 4 days (ended up being 8 days) and then RoF had 1,000 screens and was advertised for 9 days (ended up being 14 days) and it had more advertisment on the internet and a few TV commercials.

Next time they need to increase the amount of screens, days, showings per day and give it even more advertisment. Perhaps by the time a third movie was released in US then Super would be airing on US TV which would bring in (or bring back) more fans and awareness to the movie, especially if they had advertisements for it that aired when Super was on.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:05 pm

I was just thinking it would have more impact if Freeza said to Vegeta: the one who will die, IS YOU! when he was about to destroy the planet.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:06 pm

good to rewatching this film, fantastic fight, good sound track, intense, powerful, not like the thing what i see on DBS! :lol: :mrgreen:
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:00 pm

UK folk. Time to wash the bad taste of Super, Manga releasing DBZRF in 3D on select cinemas for Jan 20th:
https://animeblurayuk.wordpress.com/201 ... in-the-uk/

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:37 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:UK folk. Time to wash the bad taste of Super, Manga releasing DBZRF in 3D on select cinemas for Jan 20th:
Hmm. This sounds really interesting. But I'm not sure what kind of scenes in the movie will translate well in 3D. But I'll be keeping an eye out if there are any cinemas near me playing this.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:UK folk. Time to wash the bad taste of Super, Manga releasing DBZRF in 3D on select cinemas for Jan 20th:
I'm not sure this interests me at this stage. I doubt the 3D is outstanding and I've already spent a lot of money on Resurrection F. Four cinema screenings, not to mention all of the merchandise - and with the Blu-ray out on the 25th... yeah I think I'll give this one a miss.

That said, it's cool that the movie has down well enough to warrant a limited return to cinema on top of the extended run it had back in October. It's cool for anybody out there that didn't get the chance to see it in cinema. If there is anybody out there - I highly recommend it. The film is great and it's not every day you get to see DBZ on the big screen.