"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:11 am

I thought Battle of Gods implied the strongest Beerus fought was Whis. Guess not.

But now his character arc in Super doesn't make much sense anymore. Why was he searching for Goku, and why did he say that Goku's power was exactly like he imagined (as in, someone who could give him a challenge), when he fought someone stronger and could find him at any time as this chapter implies?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:12 am

Now this sounds promising indeed and kudos to Toriyama for giving something Bulma to do. Hopefully Herms can verify the authenticity of it soon.
Last edited by ekrolo2 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:12 am

Great news! I was starting to get depressed about the boring line up. People should really be sure of things before posting.

Jaco and Bulma adventures in the Universe to see some kind of oracle! Sold! Shame about no humans. Boo doesn't really appeal to me, but Piccolo getting back into the main unit is great!

I find the out of bounds rule kinda weird. I always thought Mr.Toriyama introduced flying, to avoid that.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:13 am

So, no Gohan. I didn't expect that. But maybe the opponent was actually Old Kai. :lol:
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:14 am

dbgtFO wrote:alakazam^
You mean doping right? As in steroids, HGH & EPO?
Yep, that doping. No weapons as well and it seems there will be a written test as per Vegeta's suggestion? Not sure on the last part so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, Shampa will give Beers his 6 Super Dragon Balls if the 7th Universe wins.

EDIT: To clarify the written test part, Vegeta proposes they first take that test so no "dumb monster" can enter.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:16 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Yep, that doping. No weapons as well and it seems there will be a written test as per Vegeta's suggestion? Not sure on the last part so take it with a grain of salt.

Wait so who's on champa team?

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:17 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Now this sounds promising indeed and kudos to Toriyama for giving something Bulma to do. Hopefully Herms can verify the authenticity of it soon.
That's one of the reasons i believe it's legit, Toriyama clearly likes Bulma. She almost always gets some kind of role.
Also doesn't sound fanfic-ish and uninspired as the first thing either.
alakazam^ wrote: Yep, that doping. No weapons as well and it seems there will be a written test as per Vegeta's suggestion? Not sure on the last part so take it with a grain of salt.

DIT: To clarify the written test part, Vegeta proposes they first take that test so no "dumb monster" can enter.
If that is true, i guess Buu will be kicked out, lol
In fact i wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama throws us off with late replacements like that. I mean, there gotta be a reason for that plotline.
Last edited by Araki on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 am

pacz360 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:

Wait so who's on champa team?
It doesn't say.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 am

Araki wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Now this sounds promising indeed and kudos to Toriyama for giving something Bulma to do. Hopefully Herms can verify the authenticity of it soon.
That's one of the reasons i believe it's legit, Toriyama clearly likes Bulma. She almost always gets some kind of role.
Also doesn't sound fanfic-ish and uninspired as the first thing either.

TBF, fan fic writers did severely kick Toriyama's ass when it came to making Freeza's comeback something worthwhile.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:25 am

Given Toriyama's comment back in the summer it seems to me the tournament's result is a foregone conclusion: Goku and co. will lose and will have to travel to Universe 6 to get their Earth back or something.
Or someone interrupts the tournament and goes to U6 and Goku and co. have to follow that person.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:25 am

dbgtFO wrote:Given Toriyama's comment back in the summer it seems to me the tournament's result is a foregone conclusion: Goku and co. will lose and will have to travel to Universe 6 to get their Earth back or something.
Or someone interrupts the tournament and goes to U6 and Goku and co. have to follow that person.
Yea, I think Goku and co will lose too.

My personal expectation for the main plot twist of the arc is that Goku will lose on the first round.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:26 am

Man Goku, I really hate you right now. This shit is ridiculous. Gohan, even though he's been slacking should still be way stronger than Buu and Piccolo. In fact all they'd have to do is bring him back to the old Kai, and he'd be leagues ahead of them. And if not that, they could even also give him a god form.

F. U. Goku. At least Vegeta hints that Gohan COULD still be the strongest if he trained. (Sigh) Yes I am salty as hell.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 am

King Jacku wrote:Man Goku, I really hate you right now. This shit is ridiculous. Gohan, even though he's been slacking should still be way stronger than Buu and Piccolo. In fact all they'd have to do is bring him back to the old Kai, and he'd be leagues ahead of them. And if not that, they could even also give him a god form.

F. U. Goku. At least Vegeta hints that Gohan COULD still be the strongest if he trained. (Sigh) Yes I am salty as hell.
Just wait on the translation to clarify it plus gohan not a fighter like those two.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:29 am

alakazam^ wrote:
EDIT: To clarify the written test part, Vegeta proposes they first take that test so no "dumb monster" can enter.
Hopefully Boo is too stupid, so Gohan is forced to enter >_>

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:30 am

Herms coming in with the info on Twitter.

Keep an eye on there for details. I imagine he'll do his usual thing of posting the translation here when he's done.
Last edited by Ajay on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:35 am

We already got it translated by alakazaam last page and he seems to be a good translator too like Herms, so I don't expect there to be many differences.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:36 am

About Goku's comment on Gohan. Isn't that character growth? We all know what happened during Cell Games, in the Boo Arc Goku is disappointed about Gohan lack of training, not making much of a fuss. Now he acknowledges his son doesn't want to fight and let's him do his own thing.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:36 am

Ah, so it IS Whis, that makes sense. I'm happy about the line-up.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 am

So it's Whis after-all. That's actually disappointing. I was very intrigued in there being a mysterious fighter who Beerus had fought before. :(

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:43 am

Doctor. wrote:Ah, so it IS Whis, that makes sense. I'm happy about the line-up.
That automatically means that Vados is going to be one of Champa's fighters.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!