Biggest exageration by fans?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Biggest exageration by fans?

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:37 am

As with all fanbases,especially fighting genres we get fnas who....tend to over react to things,weather it be hatred of something or simply over touting a character (Broly and Ultimate gohan being above everyone else and their grandmothers for example). What the biggest exaggeration you've ever seen in the fanbase? I personally Feel the hatred of GT is a big example of over reacting on many levels.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Re: Biggest exageration by fans?

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:39 am

Probably Goku and Chi-Chi as "horrible" parents. They both have their faults but they haven't necessarily raised bad children.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:44 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:Probably Goku and Chi-Chi as "horrible" parents. They both have their faults but they haven't necessarily raised bad children.

Chi-Chi is a terrible parent, Goku is caring but neglects his kids to much IMO. I mean you don't really see him teaching Gohan about life or spending time with him,and Goten missed Goku for a reason he just forgot when he got his life back. Chi-Chi was just a bad person in general,Goku shouldn't be a father,but as a trainer for Gohan he was superb. Guided him from base form to ssj2 in under a year!
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:10 am

Lots of fans were exaggerating about Super's animation in the beginning (I'm not talking about episode 5). I'm not sure if they're still doing it to the extent they were then, though (I'm a bit behind on the show).
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:18 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:Probably Goku and Chi-Chi as "horrible" parents. They both have their faults but they haven't necessarily raised bad children.
I agree. I thought Goku and Chi-Chi perfectly complimented eachother as parents. He's not the greatest father, but he's not the monster many people make him out to be.:

Last edited by baneofdemon22 on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Besides the power scaling that people exaggerate a lot, I think a lot of people (not necessarily here) like to exaggerate about how good early 'Z' was, at least in my opinion.
Edit: or rather, how good it was compared to later arcs.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:13 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

Chi-Chi is a terrible parent, Goku is caring but neglects his kids to much IMO. I mean you don't really see him teaching Gohan about life or spending time with him,and Goten missed Goku for a reason he just forgot when he got his life back. Chi-Chi was just a bad person in general,Goku shouldn't be a father,but as a trainer for Gohan he was superb. Guided him from base form to ssj2 in under a year!
Yeah, if you ignore that Dragon Ball is a shonen manga and most of that is purely due to Dragon Ball belonging in that genre.

Most comedies also have horrible parents and friends, btw, if we also ignore that most of it is due to its genre.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Broly's power level.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Lightning defines SSJ2.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:40 pm

rereboy wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

Yeah, if you ignore that Dragon Ball is a shonen manga and most of that is purely due to Dragon Ball belonging in that genre.

Most comedies also have horrible parents and friends, btw, if we also ignore that most of it is due to its genre.
I don't think it's a good excuse that it just does the same mistake other shows do. DBZ has always stood out above all other animes to me,i'm barely a anime fan I only like maybe 5 anime franchises tops. But you definitely made a good point there,I just don't like chi-chi as a parent or a person. I would seriously kick her in the throat if I met her...and she was,you know....not fictional. 0.o

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Broly's power level.
Agreed,although nobody does that anymore,it used to be BIG on youtube. Now it's more of a problem people NERF him. People are even saying now he's below cell games Goku -_-
Biased towards Broly is bad when people over Tout him,but it's just as bad if not worse when his haters nerf him.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:00 pm

Power level debates in general have always been the bane of the franchise existence. Its like you can't talk about a character without also saying how strong or weak he is compared to other characters.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:01 pm

precita wrote:Power level debates in general have always been the bane of the franchise existence. Its like you can't talk about a character without also saying how strong or weak he is compared to other characters.
I think if beerus was around in the saiyan saga and not relevant power wise people wouldn't give a rat's ass about him.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:08 pm

1. The crazy hatred for GT (I don't like GT that much, but I don't go around bashing it 24/7)
2. "Krillin always dies haha I'm so funny and original lololol"
3. Yamcha jokes
4. Vegeta is OOC
5. Broly
6. Gohan was "ruined" because blah blah blah

There are many more examples. I feel that the casual DB fanbase is very meme driven and annoying (for the most part). You can't go anywhere on the web without someone making a stupid joke or talking about nonsense and somehow getting like 50 likes on their comment.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:12 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
precita wrote:Power level debates in general have always been the bane of the franchise existence. Its like you can't talk about a character without also saying how strong or weak he is compared to other characters.
I think if beerus was around in the saiyan saga and not relevant power wise people wouldn't give a rat's ass about him.
To be fair though, Beerus would be a completely different character if that was the case.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Dragon Ball is the greatest anime of all time.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:Dragon Ball is the greatest anime of all time.
For me it is.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Wezenheim wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
To be fair though, Beerus would be a completely different character if that was the case.

No,his character and his power are two different things. It's like when people hate Gohan when he isn't #1,those people don't like Gohan they like his power. Beerus Being a god should have him be a weakling,DragonBall has established before Beerus Gods gawk at SSJ power,which added to it's greatness. Beerus being a god shouldn't mean anything other then they got lazy with the writing IMO.

MajinMan wrote:1. The crazy hatred for GT (I don't like GT that much, but I don't go around bashing it 24/7)
2. "Krillin always dies haha I'm so funny and original lololol"
3. Yamcha jokes
4. Vegeta is OOC
5. Broly
6. Gohan was "ruined" because blah blah blah

There are many more examples. I feel that the casual DB fanbase is very meme driven and annoying (for the most part). You can't go anywhere on the web without someone making a stupid joke or talking about nonsense and somehow getting like 50 likes on their comment.
I know right/ If you guys hate GT/KAI/Super,don't go to videos of it then. You'll see the same 20 people all over kai and GT videos going there just to hate. Some people need to learn to accept other opinions. Also what is "OOC" ?
Also Broly is more under powered lately then over powered like people used to do years ago on youtube.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:21 pm

MajinMan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Dragon Ball is the greatest anime of all time.
For me it is.
My personal favorite is Cowboy Bebop.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:29 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Wezenheim wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote: I think if beerus was around in the saiyan saga and not relevant power wise people wouldn't give a rat's ass about him.

No,his character and his power are two different things. It's like when people hate Gohan when he isn't #1,those people don't like Gohan they like his power. Beerus Being a god should have him be a weakling,DragonBall has established before Beerus Gods gawk at SSJ power,which added to it's greatness. Beerus being a god shouldn't mean anything other then they got lazy with the writing IMO.
Beerus' power is a part of his character though. That would've been true even if he was introduced to the series earlier. Our current perception of him might be different, but a lot of his character is based on the simple fact that he basically has no one to compete with in terms of power. People have written about Beerus much more eloquently than me (Doctor for example) but if Beerus was not the strongest (or at least one of the strongest) in the universe during his introduction to the series, he wouldn't be the same person.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:15 pm

You hear this a lot, specially from Self-Proclaimed, Hardcore, Kawaii Vegeta Fans:

"Super is making Vegeta look like a clown."

I don't think it's true.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.