What's your favourite skill in db series?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What's your favourite skill in db series?

Post by GTX » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:56 pm

I. myself like dragon punch because the cool effect
2.full powered blast because its uniqueness and it's used as technical attack
The question has been asked by you 10000000000 times and we have become very efficient.
I don't care about non canon stuffs like game, guide book, movie, etc
Spare the trouble because GT is CANON
Be quick and be done with it
inactive :P

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Re: What's your favourite skill in db series?

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:12 pm

The Makankosappo. Really like the set-up, the execution, and the fact that it's a Piccolo move certainly helps. After that, nothing beats a good 'ol Kikoho.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Warp Kamehameha. Combines two of Goku's best moves into an extreme spectacle. :D

AS_Saiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by AS_Saiyan » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:28 pm

I gotta go with Kamehameha as my favorite. I'd be lying to myself if I'd say it doesn't. I remember the countless times I did it as a child trying to pull some energy ball out of my hands.
Second would be Kienzan, just because it is so awesome that with this move, even the weakest person could beat the strongest enemy.
New User :) A Dragonball fan for over 10 years. My favorite character(s) are Kuririn and Goku.
And yeah, I need to find better signature.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:10 pm

A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Kienzan. My favorite character invented it, no other technique is like it, and it looks hella cool dudebro.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:53 pm

KI
KO
HO
It's so cool.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:09 pm

Gekiretsu Kōdan (Light Grenade), with the Final Flash variation used by Vegeta on Namek a close second. Such a shame both of them failed to kill their target.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Super 13's nut punch.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Final Flash

The name alone destroys worlds and gives kids nightmares.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:48 pm

The Kienzan. Can cut through anything, and if you're skilled enough, you can control it, too.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 pm

The classic Kamehameha.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Shunkan Idou Kamehameha

Its such an epic attack, which would inflict high degree of damage to any Non-regenerating foe

swimtrunks
Not-So-Newbie

Post by swimtrunks » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:28 am

Instant transmission for sure.

Reminds me of my favorite X-Men character Nightcrawler.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:03 am

Favorite skill? 16? Rocket Punch! Thank you 16. Though that is more a robot/mecha thing in general. What can I say? I like mecha! :D
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:20 am

Kamehameha is the obvious one. My friends and I spent many a lunchtime on the school playground practising our Kamehameha Wave. It is synonymous with the series.

Honourable mentions to Tenshinhan's Tri-Beam, which looks amazing and is incredibly powerful, Krillin's Destructo Disc, also looks amazing and is devastating, Yamcha's Spirit Ball, which again looks great and is so cool because you can direct it and make it hit multiple times, and finally Yamcha's Wolf Fang Fist, because yet again looks great and because you can really see that move being applied in the real world.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:22 am

A coin toss between Final Flash and Makanposappo.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:32 am

The kamehameha. It's used in so many great moments and has a classic feel to it. The runner up would have to be the final flash.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Kienzan and Makankosappo win for sheer inventiveness and creativity. And for brutality (cutting/piercing techniques).

Kikohou just for being such a damn powerhouse and for the huge risk and toll/strain it takes on the body of the user (one of my favorite under-appreciated wuxia tropes) and for having a cool-ass hand gesture. The Kaioken ranks alongside it for similar reasons (minus the hand gesture obviously).

Soukidan for just being plain damn fun (and for being fairly Zu Warriors-esque). Way too underused considering how strategically useful it could be in a fight.

Shishin no Ken/Bunshin (body division) for pure memorable weirdness: no matter how many times such a technique crops up in wuxia, it always feels so surreal.

Ghurd being able to stop time by holding his breath and Ginyu's body change, also for creativity and weirdness.

Cell's giant Ki barrier is simply the coolest of all the Ki barriers we see in the series, and I'm an inexplicable fan of Ki barriers for some reason.

Vegetto's giant Ki lance for being the coolest of all the Ki-produced weapons we see (I'm also big on Ki-generated weaponry).

Virtually everything Gotenks ever uses for the pure "WTF?" factor, with special mention going to Boo's rendition of his Kamikaze Ghosts in the anime for being able to also use techniques like the Kamehameha and Masenko all on their own as they give chase to their target.

Boo's Genocide Attack for how fucked up the premise of it is and for how cool it is visually.

Those are the ones that spring most immediately to mind offhand, but there's definitely others.

This series has a LOT of really inventive supernatural martial arts techniques: I've never really been on board with the criticism that it relies too much on generic giant Ki blasts. Sure its got a TON of those as well definitely, but it also peppers in more than its fair share of fun, unique, and downright odd doses of of Toriyama-ified wuxia moves. Its plenty balanced enough in that regard.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147