"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by pacz360 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:52 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Movies had em too so my point still stands. Neither are much different from GT logic.
They are very different from GT. Vegeta is the one who made huge gains in Super so far, and he made them after special training from Whis and by becoming a Saiyan beyond God through that special training. The other one is Freeza, who was a prodigy mutant that had never trained before, yet was the strongest mortal in the Living World before the appearance of the Super Saiyans, and he did special training to draw out all of his dormant powers.

In GT, they just got stronger out of nowhere.
Well in gt case they goku and co have been training for years during that time so that makes sense honestly

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:56 pm

pacz360 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Movies had em too so my point still stands. Neither are much different from GT logic.
They are very different from GT. Vegeta is the one who made huge gains in Super so far, and he made them after special training from Whis and by becoming a Saiyan beyond God through that special training. The other one is Freeza, who was a prodigy mutant that had never trained before, yet was the strongest mortal in the Living World before the appearance of the Super Saiyans, and he did special training to draw out all of his dormant powers.

In GT, they just got stronger out of nowhere.
Well in gt case they goku and co have been training for years during that time so that makes sense honestly
I don't really wanna make this into a power level thread. It's gonna annoy people who don't give a crap and I probably rolled some eyes just by mentioning them.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:57 pm

kidhero1000 wrote: 4 months of training vs 5 measly days of it. Well, look out Freeza, there is a new fighting prodigy it town.
Looking to the fact that Goku/Gohan/Trunks/Vegeta got much stronger in one day before, this complaining is hilarious.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Read newest chapter:

Super Dragonballs are finally explained, apparently Saiyan Males have a type, and Tights has been on Earth this whole time...Which sounds impossible, but at least now we know for sure.

KaiserAcedia

Post by KaiserAcedia » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:50 pm

It's developing great. Can't wait to see the tournament unfold. I'm curious about the test and if Buu and Goku are able to pass that. :D Bit sad that Gohan was tossed away, but he is not a true fighter. However I hope the rest of them get something to do, so we see how Trunks & Goten and the rest of the Z fighters evolve. Questionable is if the saiyans of uni 6 are a big disappointment or not. If they would be strong, they should been obliterated by Champa a long time ago. Just like Beerus would have done it, if Freezar didn't happen to do it. Another thing I wish for is some entirely new characters, no copies of Buu, Cold, Freezar, Namekians, etc.

One more thing. Why didn't they asked the kaioshins to find the center of the universe?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:08 am

Do you think we will learn more about the Super Dragon Balls besides they are the original Dragon Balls. The biggest issue with the Black Star Dragon Balls to me is why no one else was able to find them for years and the powers for them where not explain that much. They can grant any wish, but I'm pretty sure that there are limits to them. I want the Super Dragon Balls to be everything that the Black Star Dragon Balls could have been.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:14 am

KaiserAcedia wrote: One more thing. Why didn't they asked the kaioshins to find the center of the universe?
So they could introduce a new character.

I don't think there is an in-universe answer to this one. It was just a plot device so that they could introduce Zuno. Whis could find the center too, but they didn't ask him either.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:21 am

Just read the latest chapter. Which do you guys prefer Black Star Dragon Balls or the Super Dragon Balls? I'm kinda don't know which ones :/

Ether Kami with evil in him (which could not of happened) or Nameks

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:31 am

So there are Super Dragon Balls in every universe, and Champa only collected the ones in U6? That's what the translated manga said.

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:10 am

F*ck yeah! Based Piccolo's back in the game! This is the greatest DB news for me ever since Super was announced. I just hope Toriyama doesn't ruin everything and waste him as cannon fodder just to showcase how OP Shampa's warriors are.

Majin Buu is an interesting choice and makes sense power level-wise, but I won't hide that would rather have Kuririn or Tenshinhan.

Indifferent to Gohan being excluded, he's a fan favorite, but personally I never cared for him as a character. It always annoyed me a bit how he always gets effortlessly the most insane power up handed over to him. He's Dragon Ball's Sasuke Uchiha.

Hope that Beerus vs Shampa fights looks at least as good in the anime.

Everything looks pretty promising and exciting so far, but I'll be disappointed if Shampa's plans all come down to Earth's food and he's not hiding anything else. I mean, it definitely felt like those 2 were up to something more insidious in their teaser appearances in the beggining.

Also, based on that dialogue of Goku and Vegeta about their wives, I wouldn't be surprised if the two Saiyans from Shampa's team will end up being female versions of Goku and Vegeta.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:08 am

How is it hat Bulma apparently has a sister and he have never heard about? We've pratically followed Bulma's since she was 16 and not even a single mention of it.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:39 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Looking to the fact that Goku/Gohan/Trunks/Vegeta got much stronger in one day before, this complaining is hilarious.
To be fair, that day was an year.
Abel Taylor wrote:
KaiserAcedia wrote: One more thing. Why didn't they asked the kaioshins to find the center of the universe?

I don't think there is an in-universe answer to this one. It was just a plot device so that they could introduce Zuno. Whis could find the center too, but they didn't ask him either.
They did say they didn't want Beers and Whis to know they were looking for them. As for not asking the Kaioushins... well, only Goku is buddies with them and usually communication starts from their part so that might be why they didn't bother. Kaiou is a little more difficult to explain but, if I remember right, Goku didn't show interest in finding them so, being the one able to go to Kaiou's, he just didn't bother/think it was a priority.
eledoremassis02 wrote:Just read the latest chapter. Which do you guys prefer Black Star Dragon Balls or the Super Dragon Balls? I'm kinda don't know which ones :/

Ether Kami with evil in him (which could not of happened) or Nameks
The Ultimate Dragon Balls never made any sense from the get go.
DragonHermit wrote:So there are Super Dragon Balls in every universe, and Champa only collected the ones in U6? That's what the translated manga said.
It's implied he collected the ones in his Universe but we don't know yet.
AvatarReiko wrote:How is it hat Bulma apparently has a sister and he have never heard about? We've pratically followed Bulma's since she was 16 and not even a single mention of it.
Because family ties. And she was out in space a lot. By the way, would it be too nonsensical if Tights was in space, even though Bulma called her?

What if the last Super Dragon Ball is New Namek? The poor guys :lol:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:01 am

piccolo will get a power up it will be a ritual like saiyan god to become a namekian god, 5 days is enough time and i also expect buu to get a power up.
for toei it will make merchandise sell aswell
and look at the poster for dragonball super that was released in june it has goku centre with vegeta and piccolo next to him so piccolo will probably play a big role. if you look at the poster aswell if has champa holding earth which makes sense now

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:10 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
kidhero1000 wrote: 4 months of training vs 5 measly days of it. Well, look out Freeza, there is a new fighting prodigy it town.
Looking to the fact that Goku/Gohan/Trunks/Vegeta got much stronger in one day before, this complaining is hilarious.
No, because they're Saiyans, we're familiar with their potential because was something build since the Saiyan Arc. Nobody knows about Freeza's race and was never implied in the series that he had so much potential, just that he born with a huge BP.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:23 am

The manga continues to be amazing.

Plot's shaping up nicely. Been so long since a good ol' fashioned tournament, and this time without filler Piccolo Pikon.
eledoremassis02 wrote:Just read the latest chapter. Which do you guys prefer Black Star Dragon Balls or the Super Dragon Balls?
Super Balls, by far. Better than "Ay yo dawg, deez are the supa seekrit dragonballs that have always been up here but you rubes never knew 'bout them, but somehow Pilaf does!"
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:30 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Abel Taylor wrote:

They did say they didn't want Beers and Whis to know they were looking for them. As for not asking the Kaioushins... well, only Goku is buddies with them and usually communication starts from their part so that might be why they didn't bother. Kaiou is a little more difficult to explain but, if I remember right, Goku didn't show interest in finding them so, being the one able to go to Kaiou's, he just didn't bother/think it was a priority.
Presumably, the Kaio(shin) wouldn't want to be involved anyway. They don't like getting tangled up in the Hakaishin's business and the Elder Kaioshin had already previously warned Goku and the gang about using regular Dragon Ball going against the natural order. I doubt they'd want to help find the original, no limits Super Dragon Balls.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:11 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:How is it hat Bulma apparently has a sister and he have never heard about? We've pratically followed Bulma's since she was 16 and not even a single mention of it.
Retcons.

But as an in-universe answer it could be that Tights was always away and Bulma just never bothered saying anything. But if she's been on Earth then it is strange why she was never around

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Because Db manga started in 1984 and Jaco came out in 2013.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Retcons.

But as an in-universe answer it could be that Tights was always away and Bulma just never bothered saying anything. But if she's been on Earth then it is strange why she was never around
Even if she's on Earth, what's strange about it? It's made abundantly clear in Jaco that while Tights loves her family, she's also basically emancipated herself from them (she doesn't want their money, she doesn't live there before or after Jaco, she generally doesn't want people to know they're related, etc). The only part where it truly becomes questionable that she and Jaco aren't mentioned during the original series is when the gang needs to go to Namek and starts talking about spaceships.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:54 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Even if she's on Earth, what's strange about it? It's made abundantly clear in Jaco that while Tights loves her family, she's also basically emancipated herself from them (she doesn't want their money, she doesn't live there before or after Jaco, she generally doesn't want people to know they're related, etc). The only part where it truly becomes questionable that she and Jaco aren't mentioned during the original series is when the gang needs to go to Namek and starts talking about spaceships.
It's not that weird that Tights wasn't mentioned before. I mean the 23rd TB ended and Goku never talked with anyone again during 4 years. But I agree that Jaco should've come up during Namek, specially when its basically the same problem that she has currently.
Although we can brush it off as it didn't pass her mind, because she so rarely sees Jaco and her sister and was still in shock by everyone's death.