Kanzenshuu Character Survey 2015 - RESULTS!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: Kanzenshuu Character Survey 2015

Post by LightBing » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:54 am

Avior259 wrote:I think I voted the other day but I'll post what I voted/would vote for here anyway ^^.

1. Goku - 'Cause you just gotta love that guy right? Hilarious and always fun to watch.

2. Bulma - Was thinking about this one for a bit then eventually decided Bulma, she's a classic and such an awesome 'support' character.

3. Krillin - I was debating whether or not to put Krillin as my No.2 but just put Bulma instead cause why not, Krillin is such a great character. He is the funny guy who's always there and trying even if he doesn't stand a chance :P. But that's what makes him so cool! ... so mondo cool.

It was actually pretty difficult to choose which characters I wanted, I like so many D:, considered of course putting Vegeta or Gohan, may've put Freeza but nah.
I don't see your name in the voting list. You must have forgotten to vote using the link in the opening post.

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:22 pm

I voted yesterday and forgot to post it lol

1) Goku
2) Gohan
3) Mirai Trunks
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:13 pm

I picked:

1- Vegeta
2- Goku
3- Future Trunks

So hard to decide, now that I think about it though I also love Bardock as a character, though I preferred to include characters who had more screentime.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Avior259

Post by Avior259 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:31 am

LightBing wrote:
Avior259 wrote:I think I voted the other day but I'll post what I voted/would vote for here anyway ^^.
I don't see your name in the voting list. You must have forgotten to vote using the link in the opening post.
Whoops could've sworn I did it the other day, ah well thanks for letting me know, I just did it now.

Yamcha upset fan

Post by Yamcha upset fan » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:54 am

Yamcha
yajirobe
nappa
whut? I dont speak pain

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:46 am

3rd- Piccolo
2nd- Vegeta
1st- Goku
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:41 pm

I almost forgot to come back to this and actually cast my vote, and I'm still not 100% sure my choices are 100% accurate (as I'll get into), but it is what it is.

1. Kuririn - Okay, this one I know is right. And I'm sure everyone's just falling to the floor in shock too, right? :P I've said it many a time before, and I'll say it again, Kuririn is easily the most well-fleshed out, endearing, and relateable character in the series for me. An amazing performance from both Tanaka on the Japanese side, and Steele and Strait on the English one, adds even more to it for me, but even in the manga this guy just rocks.

2. Jaco - I admit, I'm not really sure if I want to put him in second place or not. I mean, I really do like the character quite a bit - he's kind of like Kuririn lite, only with his own added brand of quirkiness as well - but he's so new and has appeared so little in regards to other characters that have been around for a long time, that I kind of hate putting him this high. But it is what it is.

3. Freeza - I'm also not really sure if Freeza's my real third favorite or not, but he was the first person that kept coming to mind when trying to finish out this list (and it was also choosing him that booted Jaco up to the #2 spot from the #3 one). The guy is an amazing villain though, dripping with charisma and sadistic nature, that just makes his arc a pleasure to get through even while other issues attempt (and to some degree succeed) to bog it down.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:21 pm

In no particular order -

Piccolo (just ahead of Vegeta/Tien)
Pui Pui (since no one else was gonna vote for him)
Tu-rles (since no one else was gonna vote for him)
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:14 pm

Tao Pai Pai was my #1 pick. Was torn between like 14 or so other characters for the next two spots, but I ended up picking Videl and Jaco.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:17 pm

A couple of hours before I close this and post the results. If didn't get a vote in do it soon.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kanzenshuu Character Survey 2015 - RESULTS!

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:36 pm

Damn, Goten only got 4 votes. Two of which were from me :/ lol

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:57 pm

By the way, most of these invalid votes were of someone impersonating users. He or she would select Piccolo 1st or 2nd and then a bunch of random characters... He even impersonated TheGmGoken and only selected Goten third... Anyway...

I'm surprised Goku got such a huge lead over Vegeta. For all the jokes Yamcha suffers from, people sure like him.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:01 pm

If Yamcha and Freeza had the same number of votes, shouldn't they be sharing 7th place?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Satan and the Boos remain underappreciated. :cry: Nice survey.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:22 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:If Yamcha and Freeza had the same number of votes, shouldn't they be sharing 7th place?
Yup. I've corrected it now.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:36 pm

I knew Goku would top the list, but damn, I didn't expect the margin to be that wide. Goku got nearly double the votes Vegeta did. For all the shit that Goku gets, it seems as though he still is the most loved character, at least with several users within this forum. But I am happy Beerus at least made into the top ten. :P

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Great Survey! I'm so happy to see that Goku got so many votes. He's my favorite fictional character, so I love seeing the love for him! :P I'm happy with the top 10 because it shows that my views line up with the majority of the Kanzenshuu community. Goku and Vegeta are easily my two favorites, but I considered Piccolo, Gohan, Kuririn, Mirai Trunks, Freeza, Beerus, and Bulma for my third spot. The only outlier for me is Yamucha. I didn't know he was so beloved.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:54 pm

I surprised Yamcha got so high. Most of the votes must have been out of pity.

I'm shocked Vegeta didn't win.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:00 pm

I had a feeling that the people that I consider to be the "Trinity" of Dragon Ball, that being Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo, wouldn't have shown up as the Top 3. Guess I was wrong on that.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:03 pm

Pretty much what I expected, though I'm surprised Piccolo got so high (I expected Gohan to be above him) and Freeza was so low. I wasn't surprised with Goku having such a lead on Vegeta, from my time on this forum, it seems a lot of people really despise Vegeta, while only one or two members don't like Goku.