Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ParkerAL
Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ParkerAL » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:46 pm

Doctor. wrote:Unnecessarily gory one, at that.
I have to agree. The Dragon Ball manga had its share of gore, don't get me wrong, but even moments like Vegeta exploding one of the Saibamn were tamer compared to these bloodbath explosions.

Dragon Ball Multiverse tends to go overboard on gore in general. Someone ought to make a "punched through the chest" counter for the series by now.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:39 pm

I don't see the problem with unnecessary gore, actually I think it's pretty cool. Too bad we'll never see things like that in DBS.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:48 am

ParkerAL wrote:
I have to agree. The Dragon Ball manga had its share of gore, don't get me wrong, but even moments like Vegeta exploding one of the Saibamn were tamer compared to these bloodbath explosions.

Dragon Ball Multiverse tends to go overboard on gore in general. Someone ought to make a "punched through the chest" counter for the series by now.
What about Gohan beheading the Cell Jrs? Or Gero's rampage in the city?
I play baseball and work in LA.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 am

Contrary to Multiverse, Toriyama's gore doesn't tend to be bloody. Yes, things explode and get cut in half at times, and there might be some guts tossed about in the process, but there's usually not literally a bloodbath splatter after the fact.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:24 am

ParkerAL wrote:

Since DBM has not been more gory than the Dragon Ball manga, imo, I don't agree. Seriously, look at #20 squeezing that man's neck. Was that necessary...? Which was immediately followed by him punching through Yamcha's chest (which was something you criticized regarding DBM)... Or the way Buu killed those two gun maniacs, or those earthlings ripped to shreds outside Babidi's ship... DBM's gore has been coherent with gore used in various DB fights and it has even always happened in the context of the fights, not outside of it.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Contrary to Multiverse, Toriyama's gore doesn't tend to be bloody. Yes, things explode and get cut in half at times, and there might be some guts tossed about in the process, but there's usually not literally a bloodbath splatter after the fact.
To me that's just choice of style effect. Personally, I don't find a fighter making another's head explode less gory if it has less blood showed (especially when things like guts and eye balls are still shown flying off).

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Funny how no one mentioned Goku and Raditz getting hit with Piccolo's attack and how bloody they made their injury in the process. That is...until Japan censored it in Kai.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Wow Cell is actually trying to resist. Guess he doesn't take too kindly to being someone's puppet. Also lol at Vegetto's remark. He isn't going to let this one go.
Last edited by BlazingBarrrager on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Please stop Babidi quickly and end this sub plot :cry: Otherwise, i actually liked this fight, and I'm glad we are done with one of most boring characters in DB universe
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:07 pm

So that's really it. And that is exactly the reason why mainly the art keeps bringing me back and hardly anything else.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:08 pm

1. Cell falls victim because he is very evil.
2. Cell resists out of principle and is able to resist because he is stronger in ki and will than vegeta was (who could at least partially resist)
3. Babidi tells him "hey there's a power up in this, so just go with it"

What do you all think?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:12 pm

TobyS wrote:1. Cell falls victim because he is very evil.
2. Cell resists out of principle and is able to resist because he is stronger in ki and will than vegeta was (who could at least partially resist)

What do you all think?
I'm gonna go with option 3.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:23 pm

TobyS wrote:1. Cell falls victim because he is very evil.

What do you all think?
I'm going with option 1.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:28 pm

It will be like majin Vegeta. He will get the upgrade but he will be able to ignore babidi.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:53 pm

rereboy wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Contrary to Multiverse, Toriyama's gore doesn't tend to be bloody. Yes, things explode and get cut in half at times, and there might be some guts tossed about in the process, but there's usually not literally a bloodbath splatter after the fact.
To me that's just choice of style effect. Personally, I don't find a fighter making another's head explode less gory if it has less blood showed (especially when things like guts and eye balls are still shown flying off).
Well, I do. Toriyama's version of gory events strike me more as a B movie production with a limited budget, simply trying to convey what happening without a 1:1 sense of realism. I prefer this, partially because it's cleaner and can help to prevent confusion at times of what's happening in a black and white manga.

That said, there's no need to white knight Multiverse's more realistic depiction or anything. I simply think it's not really necessary since Toriyama is already shown to do a perfectly fine job without it. So it comes off a tad forced and that trying to be "edgy" feeling, but I'm certainly not going to condemn them for it. If I wanted to do that, the series has worse problems to latch onto.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Wow, what a lame fight... Can't believe Hirudegarn didn't transform at all, anyway why the F*** Cell needs wash up? Can't he just do it by himself? lol

And about Babidi Mind Control, I don't think Cell is going to resist.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:18 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote: Also lol at Vegetto's remark. He isn't going to let this one go.
Well he should have been investigated and disqualified, but...you know...plot. At least someone there is lampshading the cheating instead of it being ignored.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:53 pm

i still don't understand how Cell killed Tapion

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:54 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
That said, there's no need to white knight Multiverse's more realistic depiction or anything. I simply think it's not really necessary since Toriyama is already shown to do a perfectly fine job without it. So it comes off a tad forced and that trying to be "edgy" feeling, but I'm certainly not going to condemn them for it. If I wanted to do that, the series has worse problems to latch onto.
Who's white knighting? I simply said my opinion on the subject. I didn't even mentioned if I felt it was more realistic or not.
jcogginsa wrote:i still don't understand how Cell killed Tapion
Me either. I think that's what is wrong in this fight. The rest is all enjoyable. The lack of a second form is also a bummer but not understanding the end of the fight is worse.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:09 pm

Cell regenerated back to his normal size and flew straight through Hirudegarn while it was off-guard.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:10 pm

My strongest guess would be he regenerated inside of Hildegarn - just like Hildegarn manifested inside of him - and then just did the same to Hildegarn: Destroy him with an attack that was able to slice Hildegarn from top to bottom. The question is: Where there some Cell's inside of Hildegarn's body? I mean, it is not hard with all the pieces, that they were at least on his body. Or he regenerated below Hildegarn. I don't know.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"