Does this Guide say no one before Beers is FTL? [No]

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Does this Guide say no one before Beers is FTL? [No]

Post by MisterGuyMan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Not sure if this has been discussed but I couldn't find it when I searched.

I saw this surfing the web today: https://plus.google.com/+Lonewolf3002-T ... CERqkg8N6E
It talks about the Dragonball Super Start Guide

The blog says that the Dragonball Super Start Guide has the following excerpt:
"The emergence of Beerus ! First character Z- fighters which can exceed the speed of light are met !"

Can anyone confirm either what that says or even how canon this is?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Does this Guide confirm that no one before Beers is FTL?

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:18 pm

I think it was just a statement was just made for hyperbole. Just like how whenever there was a new villain introduced in the old DBZ movies, Toei would hype them up as "the strongest, fastest and most formidable foe yet" yadda, yadda, yadda.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:19 pm

I'll wait for the real translation. Even if this is true I ain't that surprised.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Well he was able to fly to another planet without taking years.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well he was able to fly to another planet without taking years.
I mean no one before Beerus was FTL I could believe. Beerus' feats in Super are enough to classify him really high as he and Champa can casually fly FTL and destroy entire planets in a single blow. Then there's the universe thing which doesn't make sense entirely.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Not surprised. As always until Herms or someone on Kanzenshuu confirms something, then it might as well be taken with a grain of salt til we get an answer.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Whenever it mentions anything about the speed of light or the ability to destroy certain celestial objects, you can be more than 99,99% sure that it's fake.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:38 pm

saunasolmu wrote:Whenever it mentions anything about the speed of light or the ability to destroy certain celestial objects, you can be more than 99,99% sure that it's fake.
Yep, though there are actually a few cases destruction wise where it's not made up and in a guidebook. No speed feats mentioned I think, but a couple DC feats have been mentioned in say the Daizenshuu.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:13 pm

To top it off, the sentences that mention Beerus aren't even coherent Japanese. Instead of the relevant word for "first", it uses a term that means the first letter in a word. It was obviously done via Google translate.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MisterGuyMan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:16 pm

Thanks. Felt a little fishy if a guide from the summer made such a comment without getting picked up until now. I try not to judge either way on authenticity until I double check here.

Herms is the best.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:06 am

MisterGuyMan wrote:The blog says that the Dragonball Super Start Guide has the following excerpt:
"The emergence of Beerus ! First character Z- fighters which can exceed the speed of light are met !"
It's a product review for a vibrator:

"Before I married my current husband, I used this out of interest [when I saw it] at a love hotel. It felt sooo good, I had him use it on me every time we went to a love hotel. After 9 years of marriage, I was dissatisfied with our life as husband and wife, which had started to be just going through the motions, but of course I couldn't say that [to him]... [but then] I happened upon this by chance and quietly bought it. I use it in secret from my husband. BEERUS' ARRIVAL! THE FIRST LETTER OF THE FULFILLED Z-FIGHTERS WHO COULD EXCEED THE SPEED OF LIGHT! I can't come with my husband, but I do it right away with this." [not sure about the next part but it's something like] "You might take issue with the fact that you can't adjust the low and high settings, but 'high' is painful. I'm enjoying this nice and slow on 'low'."
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

HG-Project
Beyond Newbie

Post by HG-Project » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:15 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:
MisterGuyMan wrote:The blog says that the Dragonball Super Start Guide has the following excerpt:

"Before I married my current husband, I used this out of interest [when I saw it] at a love hotel. It felt sooo good, I had him use it on me every time we went to a love hotel. After 9 years of marriage, I was dissatisfied with our life as husband and wife, which had started to be just going through the motions, but of course I couldn't say that [to him]... [but then] I happened upon this by chance and quietly bought it. I use it in secret from my husband. BEERUS' ARRIVAL! THE FIRST LETTER OF THE FULFILLED Z-FIGHTERS WHO COULD EXCEED THE SPEED OF LIGHT! I can't come with my husband, but I do it right away with this." [not sure about the next part but it's something like] "You might take issue with the fact that you can't adjust the low and high settings, but 'high' is painful. I'm enjoying this nice and slow on 'low'."

OH MY GOD. I don't know which scenario is worse. Either this is just trolling or it was an honest mistake of copy-pasting the wrong things together.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Does this Guide say no one before Beers is FTL? [No]

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:17 am

...I am laughing way too damn hard at that translation right now. :lol: Bless you, SaiyaJedi.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:41 am

SaiyaJedi wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:

I'M DYING! :clap:

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:00 am

Just shows the length of where people go to downplay DB

Sad really

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MisterGuyMan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:17 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:

Wow... that's just sad. To go to that much effort just to downplay an anime series.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Obviously the vibrator thing makes it even more believable that this is legit Dragon Ball.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:18 pm

Lonewolf3002 (the google plus blog of whom is where this post was made) is a notorious Superman fanboy who always participates in the debates of Goku Vs Superman with the intent to lowball Goku. He once even said that the boulders that Goku pushed at the start of dragonball were made of pumice (but even if it was pumice the boulder was much heavier than 40 tons anyway). I am not surprised that either him or one of the other Superman fanboys populating his blog fabricated this "guidebook note".

Dragon Phantom

Post by Dragon Phantom » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:18 pm

To be honest, it's dissapointing to see someone use Google Translate and put it in between a vibrator review just to prove he's right. It's sad to see a person willing to do that much for such a trivial goal.
"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans."

-Steven Hawking"
Nappa:"Shall we say hello to those annoying, peeping little chicks."
Steven Hawking wasn't exactly wrong.