Favourite Majin Buu

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Favourite Majin Buu

Post by Vijay » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:52 am

1. Buutenks ~ Easily most sophisticated/smartest form of Buu. His mind-games with Ultimate/Mystic Gohan was creepy af

2. Kid Buu ~ The child-like nature, yet fierce brutality he displays makes for a thoroughly enjoyable foe

3. Super Buu (Base) ~ He fits the "Monstrous" category well. He re-defines "creepyness" right frm da start (entering Smith's body & exploding frm inside out) till his last moments (forming a proxy inside his mind to finish off Goku & Vegeta)

Thoughts?

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Favourite Majin Buu

Post by NitroEX » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:27 am

1. Super Buu. Less is more when it comes to Buu and I just love this sleek and simple design more than the others. In this form he looks truly monstrous especially with the red pupils. The human extinction attack was the pinnacle of Buu's badassery.

2. Buutenks, very similar to the Buuhan design but this one has a fatter head and neck area making him appear less human. He also sports the fusion jacket which complements the colour of his wrist gauntlets rather well. His relaxed demeanour was sort of creepy at times and the added intelligence made him more intimidating.

3. Kid Buu. For similar reasons to Super Buu, he's just a kid version so he's no longer as intimidating. The wild destructive nature is favourable to Fat Buu I suppose.

NintendoFan28

Post by NintendoFan28 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:46 am

1. Fat Boo: I like the fact that, we got something different compared to Freeza and Cell. Did he want to conquer planets and gain immortality like Freeza? Absolutely not. Did he want to become a perfect warrior like Cell? Not at all. He just wanted to have fun and eat all the sweets in the world.

2. Base Super Boo: The moment the guy was formed, he did not mess around at all. And, add to the fact that, he outsmarted Gohan, Gotenks, and Piccolo of all people, just shows you how truly cunning he was.

3. Bootenks: The way he spoke and mind games he played on Gohan, was just awesome.

Honorable Mention:

4. Gray Boo: A very creepy looking bastard.

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:59 am

Fat Buu was my favorite. He was completely unpredictable, and I loved his relationship with Mr. Satan. His actions were so perverse, like when he turned a human into milk to give to the blind kid he help and when he made a toilet out of humans to poop into, yet his naivety made him hard to dislike.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:12 am

baneofdemon22 wrote:Fat Buu was my favorite. He was completely unpredictable, and I loved his relationship with Mr. Satan. His actions were so perverse, like when he turned a human into milk to give to the blind kid he help and when he made a toilet out of humans to poop into, yet his naivety made him hard to dislike.
I felt Fat Buu started off as an unpredictable badass & his moments up until Majin Vegeta's fight was absolute rocker
Just that his character was poorly-written (by AT) post-Majin Vegeta's sacrifice, that led to his character goin nowhere till he develops friendship with Mr.Satan

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:39 am

Kid Buu. Don't think, just act. True killing machine.

Super Buu (regular) is a close second.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:49 am

Yup, Gotenks absorbed.

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:54 am

Mr. Boo, hands down. He was funny and unpredictable, and I love his silly relationship with Mr. Satan. Also, I absolutely love Kōzō Shioya's performance as him in the Japanese version. Fantastic!
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:56 am

I personally like Buuhand. I have a soft spot for that forum since I did like that Super Buu had some level of personality to him after he absorb Gotenks, Piccolo and Gohan.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:42 pm

Fat Buu's my favorite, but I'd have to give an honorary mention to Anime!Buutenks.

In the anime, or at least the dub, Buutenks starts channeling Piccolo in order to psyche Gohan out, and the fight between them is generally more even than the fight in the manga. It brings in an element of psychological exploitation that we rarely see in the series, and it helps that it's being done with the brains of my favorite character.

Plus the vest looks way cooler on Buu than it did on Gotenks.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:29 pm

1. Kid Buu, hands down. Absolutely insane, but also really fun, unlike Super Janemba and Broly in the 2nd movie.

2. Evil Buu - He was so creepy... love it!

3. Super Buu - He retained the preferences of Fat Buu, but looked cool and was evil.

Buutenks/Buuhan were boring to me. Reminded me of Perfect Cell and... any other generic movie villain in the franchise, as well as GT ones like Omega Shenron. Fat Buu was lame. Mind you, he was genuinely scary when he first hatched.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:27 pm

I like Kid Buu because he is destruction incarnate, I'm also fond of Fat Buu. I like that he can go from goofy to creepy on a dime. It's scary and awesome.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Super Boo, hands down. Cunning, intimidating, and has a great voice in both the Japanese and English dub.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:07 pm

Super Buu is my favorite because of his cunning tactics and personality (including Buutenks and Buuhan). Fat Buu is in second place because I love his relationship with Satan in that arc.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:33 pm

I don't make any distinction between Super Buu and his absorbed forms; they're all the same guy with the same personality.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Super buu all forms and was the smartest versions too.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:08 am

Super Buu's design almost looks like something out of a horror game like Resident Evil. Especially the way he cocks his head and laughs like a maniac. When he absorbs Gotenks/Gohan he acts too much like Cell, but before that he was just plain scary and unpredictable.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:12 am

Buuhan & kid buu by design.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza