Funniest DragonBall moments

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Funniest DragonBall moments

Post by Vijay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:35 am

1. Team Satan vs Jaga Butta (Bio-Broly)

Right from Jaga's hilarious entry (to Satan), to him bein slapped by 18 (cuz Satan said she's his pupil) to Goten & Trunks ROFL stompin the Bio Warriors.

The whole segment was ROFL

Subbed fans may be familiar with da epic "villagefest" :D

2. Master Roshi's training segment (pre 21st Tenkaichi Budoukai)

3. Infamous Driving Episode

Thoughts?

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Funniest DragonBall moments

Post by superrayman3 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:31 pm

Here's my favorite:

Murasaki vs Power Pole
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:39 pm

Any time Bulma is an asshole to Goku. The juxtaposition of this cute girl being a slefish prick never fails to make me smile. Bonus points for the anime, as Hiromi Tsuru is perfection.

(Incidentally just looking at birthdays for the actors... Tsuru, Tanaka, and Furuya were all late 20s-early 30s when they took on their roles. Wow. They're barely older than my parents.)
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:43 pm

More recently, it would have to be Goku's attempt at greeting Beerus in Battle of Gods. From Yanami's hilarious scolding to Nozawa's excellent delivery of "DESU~!", the entire scene is just great.

Going back to the very beginnings of the series, I'll never forget the "Bulma, your balls are missing!" gag. Absolutely perfect in every way.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:24 pm

Any moment with Mr Satan. He's just such a great gag character.

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Post by baneofdemon22 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:50 am

1. Kuririn and Roshi's ridiculous explanation for Roshi's near take down of Kuririn in the Tournament.

2. Goku's ludicrous attempt to show that Mr. Satan's punch hit him out of the arena, while grabbing his tractor.

3. Roshi throwing the rock at Kuririn for cheating

4. Goku eating all of Roshi's food in his refrigerator

5. Mr. and Mrs. Briefs' dismissals of Bulma's frustration with their parenting.

6. The whole series of Mr. Satan's attempts to kill Main Boo starting with his whispering to call Boo out! All that stuff was brilliant!

7. Kuririn trying to peek at Bulma's underwear in the pirate cave, and Bulma kicking him like crazy!

8. Anytime Lunch punished Roshi for his perverseness

9. Goku knocking out Lunch for trying hurt him while sleeping in his bed

10. Vegito turning into chocolate and beating up Boo

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:29 pm

baneofdemon22 wrote:10. Vegito turning into chocolate and beating up Boo
Dang I completely forgot about that one, I just remember another one as well, Roshi crashing into and grabbing 18's boobs in the buu arc (speaking of which for anyone that watched buu arc Kai did Kai keep that scene or was it cut?).
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:46 pm

"You just wait 'til it grows back!"
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.