"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:54 pm

So you're saying thats just a random ass clip to fit the lyrics? I wouldn't be surprised actually, since we never saw Goku or Vegeta fighting frieza men as shown there.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:07 pm

More than likely, yeah. Anime openings, especially shonen ones - and especially Dragon Ball ones - are usually much more meant to get you hyped up for the show that follows, rather than be major hints of things to come.

Obviously I'm just guessing too though. Anything is possible really - I just wouldn't bank 100% on it, is all I'm saying.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:49 pm

I'd switch Goku and Piccolo's opponents personally

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I still don't get on how they could be in three days in the Room of Spirit and Time if it has been stated that can only be entered for two days (or two years) at a time? Goku makes it sound like that he can only enter in their twice. I don't like using the Room of Spirit and Time since it feels lazy to make our heroes stronger to me. It's like "Hey in one day, I can become stronger with one year of training". Goku already use the ROSAT twice in the series and feels pushing it that he is using it again three more times.
It's probably going to be just Whis' version in the actual anime, but the manga showed them in the original one, since it skipped the RoF retelling and didn't want to waste time introducing the new room.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:13 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I still don't get on how they could be in three days in the Room of Spirit and Time if it has been stated that can only be entered for two days (or two years) at a time? Goku makes it sound like that he can only enter in their twice. I don't like using the Room of Spirit and Time since it feels lazy to make our heroes stronger to me. It's like "Hey in one day, I can become stronger with one year of training". Goku already use the ROSAT twice in the series and feels pushing it that he is using it again three more times.
They just say that the entrance will disappear if you stay more than two days there, there's no limit otherwise.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:29 am

I'm pretty sure it's 2 days total, but no more than 24 hours at a time for the original RoSaT.
No idea how the room would enforce that though. If you tried to go in a third time, would the door just not open?
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gotenks150

Post by Gotenks150 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:10 am

Goku: “So, whaddaya think?”
Vegeta: “About what?”
Goku: “Are those Universe 6 guys strong?”
Vegeta: “Definitely.”
Goku: “What makes you say that?”
Vegeta: “That God of Destruction, ‘Champa’, suggested this martial arts match even after seeing our training. So he must be pretty confident.”
Goku: “Makes sense. You’re pretty smart, ain’t ya?”
Vegeta: “Compared to you at least!!”
Goku: “There’ll be five people we don’t know…actually six, counting that guy Lord Beerus was talking about. I can’t wait!”
Vegeta: “What are you, a kid? Try and act your age a little more!”
Goku: “What? Didn’t you tell me Saiyans stay young until they hit 80?”
Vegeta: “Physically maybe, but you need to grow up a bit mentally.”
Goku: “Really?”
Vegeta: “Enough talk…!”
Goku: “I see…This place won’t break no matter how much we cut loose! OK, let’s go all-out, just like old times!”
Vegeta: “Is that all you’ve got, Kakarot?!!!”
Goku: “Not even close, Vegeta!!!”
Is it just me or does goku seem to get dumber in every new chapter? :think:
Just like Your mother! ;)

Dont be jelly my looks gets me all the punany hehe

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:23 am

Gokû's different in Super than he is in Z, but I give Vegeta props for at least theorizing that Gokû's putting on an act or embellishing himself. Vegeta can't think Gokû's that dumb if he thinks it's an act.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:23 am

I remember Champa saying in chapter 6 that he saw how Goku and Vegeta were moving sluggishly (he didn't know they were wearing weighted clothes) and that the tournament will be easily won with his fighters.
I think that it's safe to say Goku and Vegeta at least won't have a problem winning their matches, considering they spent 3 additional days in the ROSAT.
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:35 am

BluePiccolo wrote:I remember Champa saying in chapter 6 that he saw how Goku and Vegeta were moving sluggishly (he didn't know they were wearing weighted clothes) and that the tournament will be easily won with his fighters.
I think that it's safe to say Goku and Vegeta at least won't have a problem winning their matches, considering they spent 3 additional days in the ROSAT.
Yea but who knows what type of training these other guys will be doing in their universe.. for all we know they could have a Time chamber in their universe too, or they just spend those three days intensely training with Champa and Vados.

I don't think it will be that easy for them.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:45 am

Is there a age problem when you have god ki?

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:05 am

I just hope u6 is not the last arc of super it be awesome if toriyama decides to go further and we finally see goten and trunks actually look older like they did in eoz and go further beyond eoz I hope they both get developed as a character and fighter also I hope picoolo also gets developed as a fighter maybe a namekian god form if namekian book of legends is a thing.

I hope super goes in the direction of new generation of fighters like goten and trunks, pan, bra and marron and please please give pan, bra and Marron new designs not the fucked up design from gt and give them different personalities than dbgt I seriously hope these 3 girls become a next generation of z fighters....
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:18 am

"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:47 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Is there a age problem when you have god ki?
Is god ki even all that special when you think about it? It just sounds more to me like a more efficient method of using ki that coincidentally up until now was only known by the gods rather than having anything to do with actually being a god.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:51 am

BluePiccolo wrote:I remember Champa saying in chapter 6 that he saw how Goku and Vegeta were moving sluggishly (he didn't know they were wearing weighted clothes) and that the tournament will be easily won with his fighters.
The ROSAT basically losses its effectiveness after the first time you use it as evidence by Vegeta and Trunks not being any noticeably stronger after using it again at the CGs. Goku and Vegeta likely used theirs because 1) the Whis Rosat might be an anime exclusive thing or 2) they wanted to get a lot of practice in during the short amount of time afforded to them.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:34 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
The ROSAT basically losses its effectiveness after the first time you use it as evidence by Vegeta and Trunks not being any noticeably stronger after using it again at the CGs. Goku and Vegeta likely used theirs because 1) the Whis Rosat might be an anime exclusive thing or 2) they wanted to get a lot of practice in during the short amount of time afforded to them.
If they uses whis his Rosat than Beerus can"t eat pizza

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:33 am

Barunks wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Is there a age problem when you have god ki?
Is god ki even all that special when you think about it? It just sounds more to me like a more efficient method of using ki that coincidentally up until now was only known by the gods rather than having anything to do with actually being a god.

Basically it's ki that's harder to sense. People act like if raditz level villain has god ki, he can beat a vegito level character with normal ki. -_-
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:15 pm

Why are Pilaf Gang in Whis ship, anyway? Who invited them? lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Noah wrote:Why are Pilaf Gang in Whis ship, anyway? Who invited them? lol
Goten and Trunks, surely :P
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Noah wrote:Why are Pilaf Gang in Whis ship, anyway? Who invited them? lol
Toriyama himself. No one else cares about them. Trunks/Mai are not even a "couple" in Super.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.