U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:19 pm

This thread was intended for the Super Section but it turns out you can't make threads there at the moment, I am fairly new here, so bear with me. (NVM they moved it here)

I wanted to make a thread to discuss our predictions on who will fight who in the tournament and how you guys think things will eventually go down/who will lose. I would also like some clarification on the rules of the tournament..

So here are the fighters

I'm not really sure on the rules so I'm just going to post who I think will eventually fight who, We still don't know if this will be a random choice such as grabbing a name out of a box or it being who wants to fight who by choice. One could simply say they will fight in the order they are rowed up on the cover.. but they could easily be using that to lead us off track.

Here are my predictions

Maggetta vs Monaca - Winner being Monaca as i think the robot is a good starter to show off Monaca's power/transformation.

Pooh vs Buu - Winner being Pooh something is telling me it will be close but Pooh will win by a bit just because from what I see he is a tad smarter then Buu.. and then he will lose next round to Piccolo.

Frost vs Piccolo - Winner being Frost who knocks out Piccolo... Froze then has a gritty fight and eventually loses to Vegeta

Kabe vs Vegeta - (Really don't know what will happen with this)

Hit/Heat vs Goku - I put these two together because I think its pretty much a given.. Hit seems to be the most strongest/Intimidating on the U6 team so it seems pretty easy to assume these two will fight.

Post yours predictions on who is likely to fight who below.
Last edited by LongLostSaiyan on Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Post by omaro34 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:51 am

I'm thrilled about this tournament. Piccolo back in the realm of relevency given he's my favorite character is something that is very exciting. However, I feel that since the chapter never showed Buu or Piccolo training leads me to believe that Toriyama might have Buu and Piccolo totally embarrassed just to show to the audience how strong these new guys are, then the Saiyans get to save the day as usual.

That is my ultimate nightmare with this upcoming arc. I beg this doesn't happen and Buu or Piccolo get power ups to stay competitive.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:55 am

I feel certain that Buu vs Pooh is gonna happen, and Vegeta vs Mystery Saiyan (no one was able to verify if Cabe was a rumor or not after all).

The rest though, could be anything.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:31 am

omaro34 wrote:I'm thrilled about this tournament. Piccolo back in the realm of relevency given he's my favorite character is something that is very exciting. However, I feel that since the chapter never showed Buu or Piccolo training leads me to believe that Toriyama might have Buu and Piccolo totally embarrassed just to show to the audience how strong these new guys are, then the Saiyans get to save the day as usual.

That is my ultimate nightmare with this upcoming arc. I beg this doesn't happen and Buu or Piccolo get power ups to stay competitive.
Maybe Piccolo and Buu training will be shown more in the anime? It strikes me as unbelievable to think Piccolo would not train. As for Buu.. I see him eating a lot.. but not really being motivated to train.. so that might be his downfall.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:40 am

I think it will be
piccolo vs hit, piccolo wins
vegeta vs small saiyan, small saiyan wins
goku vs frost, goku wins
Buu vs yellow buu, yellow buu wins
nipples vs robot, robot wins
i also think the robot is the strongest on universes 6 team

There is no way goku vegeta and nipples will win and piccolo and buu lose as that will be too obvious and boring and there will be no surprise. They probably will have buu and piccolo train in the anime, to keep their powerup a surprise. Piccolo is almpst certain to get a powerup especially after he died in the anime and most people agree with this.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:44 am

I'm pretty sure Goku's not gonna fight Freeza 2.0 since we just had ROF.

My predictions would be:

First Match
Goku vs. Purple Cell = Goku loses

Second Match
Vegeta vs. Saiyan = Vegeta wins

Third Match
Piccolo vs. Freeza 2.0 = Piccolo wins

Fourth Match
Boo vs. Pooh = Boo loses

Final Match
Monaca vs. Robot = Monaca loses

It will be tied 2-2 and Beerus will overhype Monaka and will expect an easy win but Monaka will lose.
Last edited by Khin on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:48 am

I think i said this before even though a lot of people will say it means nothing but the poster released back in june actually makes sense now with champa holding earth and because piccolo is in the middle with vegeta and goku makes me think he is going to play a big role in this saga and it also has gohan at the side along with buu with probably says they will have a small role.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:51 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I'm pretty sure Goku's not gonna fight Freeza 2.0 since we just had ROF.
i think most people are certain
that vegeta will face the saiyan
buu vs bear and nipples vs robot

its the other two battles that people cant decide on

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:24 am

I am going by the assumption that this is a Uranai Baba type tournament:

Monaca vs Robot - Monaca wins
-Monaca switches with Buu-
Buu vs Pooh - Buu wins
Buu vs Frost - Frost wins
Frost vs Piccolo - Piccolo wins
Piccolo vs Cabe - Cabe wins
Cabe vs Vegeta - Vegeta wins
Vegeta vs Heat/Hit - Heat wins
Heat vs Monaca - Heat wins - the surprise match
Heat vs Goku - could go either way
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:41 am

It would be cool if U6 saiyan was royalty in his home universe. That way if he fights Vegeta it'll be a battle of princes or something.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:46 am

I may be in the minority, but I half expect either Goku and Vegeta to flat out lose their matches. Toriyama has always dared to do to unexpected to defy what people would usually want from Dragon Ball. I think Piccolo and Majin Boo will win their matches, leading to the deciding match being played out with Monaca where displays his true nature in combat. (As well as some of his transformations?)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:40 pm

The matchups will most likely be how they are set up on the promo image. I have no problem with that, because that's exactly how I want.

- Buu Must fight Pooh. It will probably be a gag fight.
- I'm tired of seeing Vegeta and Goku fighting Freeza. So, Piccolo vs Freeza guy is a good option.
- Vegeta vs Mini Gohan is perfect. Saiyan vs Saiyan (and Tsundere vs Tsundere probably).
- Goku vs Purple Guy. I rather see Goku fight this guy than Robo.
- Monaca can fight Robo.

Result wishes:
- Monaca, Vegeta win.
- Buu, Piccolo,Goku lose.

Universe 7 loses.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Each saga seems to be averaging on 14 episodes. I hope each bout in the tournament is lengthy.. I would like to see Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo's fights be at least an hour each.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:50 pm

There's no chance to tell how long Universe 6 will be.

BOG and ROF are retellings from Movies. BOG could have had 2 less episodes, ROF needed more.
I'm disappointed they didn't expand the part between Freeza's revival and his arrive on earth. showing some of his training. That part in the movie felt rushed, and it was no different in the anime too. I would add 2 episodes in there. Also Z Fighters vs Freeza Soldiers needed at least one more episode. Tagoma stepped in too soon.

Universe 6 is the first arc Toriyama is writing for the TV series, and this time he doesn't have to worry about length.
I definitely want something longer. And Toei will obviously throw some "filler" to the mix too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:29 am

LongLostSaiyan wrote:Each saga seems to be averaging on 14 episodes. I hope each bout in the tournament is lengthy.. I would like to see Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo's fights be at least an hour each.
Don't take the previous two arcs into account for how long U6 arc will be. They most likely just wanted the new story to debut in January 2016, when the anime starts celebrating its 30th anniversary. I'm sure they'll be in no rush to cover anything new.

CosmicSaiyan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by CosmicSaiyan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:00 am

wow i was pretty dissapointed when i saw who the universe 6 opponents will be. They all look like fodder that you often see in one of those DB heroes promotions videos. And by the looks of it that mecha robot will probably be the weakest opponent in whole tournament just by not being able to use any ki.

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:29 am

Also whats with everyone saying that the mystery Saiyan/Kabe is a female? It's like they want a female Saiyan so bad they are convincing themselves he is a female when he clearly is not... Its quite clear he is a young boy.. his design on his face tells me he is the quiet type/not a talker.. and probably is hiding some shit.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:03 pm

LongLostSaiyan wrote:Also whats with everyone saying that the mystery Saiyan/Kabe is a female? It's like they want a female Saiyan so bad they are convincing themselves he is a female when he clearly is not... Its quite clear he is a young boy.. his design on his face tells me he is the quiet type/not a talker.. and probably is hiding some shit.
I can see it now, Toriyama is going to mind blow us by making that Saiyan Gohan from Uni 6. He is Kakarrottos son and he becomes the strongest Saiyan in that Uni because of his dormant potential. That would be very funny because it'll make everyone who loves Gohan say "Oh wow...he makes our Gohan seem weak but the other Gohan a legend..."

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:24 pm

I hope the ugly U7 thing loses instantly to 1) make him go away and 2) show the U7 guys that their supposedly "strongest opponent for Beerus" was nothing for the U6 guys (except he was caught by surprise but anyways, I want him to lose).

Ugly U7 guy VS Robot or Bear guy - U6 guy wins
Piccolo VS Hit - Hit wins
Boo Vs Bear guy or Robot - Boo wins
Vegeta VS Frost - Vegeta
Goku VS Cabe - ?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Wouldn't it be more logical (tension vise) for the protagonists to fight the stronger of the enemy team in the later rounds?
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/