The final villain ideas for Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

The final villain ideas for Super

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:52 pm

So when Super comes to a end in the future, what do you want to see for a final villain? Some ideas that they have for a final villain:

- Gods from other universes.
- Zarama, the Dragon God who formed the Super Dragon Balls.
- Champa and Vados
- A good character that becomes evil (that is not Piccolo or Vegeta)

I think having Zarama be a bad guy would be a cool. Having the original creator of the Dragon Balls would make a neat final villain. I would love to see what design that they could give him. Imagine a mix between Red from the Spyro series and Corvus from Dragon Quest 9 for Zarama. However knowing Toriyama, he will probably be a tiny looking dragon that is cute outside and scary inside.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: The final villain ideas for Super

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Still holding out on that "reality-warper like Janemba, only he or she has dialogue and the ability to banter back and forth with Gokû and the others".
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Evil Dragons in GT were the perfect final villain to end the series. I wouldn't choose no one else.
Zarama being who he is, could be the perfect final villain for Super.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:49 pm

A villain that looks like Monaca. Because that's the sort of final villain I'd expect from Super.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:59 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:A villain that looks like Monaca. Because that's the sort of final villain I'd expect from Super.
Like Fat Janemba?! If that one came out nowadays, people would lose their shit. Same with Fat Buu.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:08 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:A villain that looks like Monaca. Because that's the sort of final villain I'd expect from Super.
Like Fat Janemba?! if that one came out nowadays, people would lose their shit. Same with Fat Buu.
How dare you compare Fatty J to that nipple fiend! I never liked Fat Buu as a villain either.

Fat Janemba would be welcomed. <3
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:45 pm

Some fans really want to see Evil Gohan or Evil Goku for Super. I really hope not. I don't think having Gohan become bad will make his rep in Super any better?
She/Her

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Bring back Broly or Super Janemba. Case closed

As for Evil Gohan thing, its not about "improving his Yamucha-tier status in Super"

A meagre 50% of his emo-self in Cell Games (as SSJ2) would please his fans, at least.

To think we're already discussing about "final villain" when the show has hardly even crossed HALF of its run.

Goes to show

1. Whatever present stuff in Super plain sux

2. Undying & everlasting passion for Super

I think final last episodes of Super would be "monumental" in da sense of how much it'll contradicate EoZ events

As we know, EoZ was a nice prologue (Kid Buu's defeat~party at Bulma's house~a cute flashback of Kid Goku & his Jii-chan at Mt. Paouzu~28th TB~Goku's successor, Uub).

It remained mostly grounded & soft- a tone DBZ was missing ever since Son Goku Arc

Now with all bombastic, over da top "Goddo, Blueper Saiyajin, U6, AK47, etc", its super hard to find it all fallin in place with EoZ.

Then, we'll (most probably, or perhaps next gen DBZ fans) will be discussing ending of Super~EoZ cobtradications AND with conclusion being "Super is an alternate universe" :evil:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:33 pm

Its probably going to be some ultimate God even above the level of Beerus and Champa put together.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:40 pm

-Makaioshin
-Someone from Whis/Vados's race
-Someone from another Universe
-Zarama
-Or maybe some kind of multiverse god.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:19 pm

Zarama would be the only one who could top the last three villains, thematically wise.
We had the Galactic Emperor who was millions of times stronger than his stronger mutant soldier; a clone who had cells of the strongest warriors, techniques and knowledge; and to top it all the embodiment of chaos and pure evil.

We're so deep into the cosmos of it all, that it's hard to pull out another rabbit out of the hat. Not to say a "regular villain" couldn't do the job.
Well, the God who oversees our Twinverse could become a thing in the next chapter, so yeah... The door is never closed.

As for me, Zarama would be a great idea if he had a decent reason to be a villain. Like some green humanoid slugs breaking little pieces of his planetary balls. Otherwise a neutral villain in the same mold as Beerus, sounds pretty great.

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:10 am

As much as I find the whole Zarama thing as a final boss interesting, I ultimately can't get behind it because it just feels too much like the final GT boss. I want Dragon Ball Super to be it's own thing. It's really hard to say who should be the final villain though. I could say Beerus, but the thing about Beerus is that he's kind of meant to be that untouchable tough guy who's mainly there to show that there's always someone stronger. It would just be weird. It could be interesting to see a fully realized evil Gohan, but that might be too similar to what happened with Freeza and wouldn't really serve Gohan well in any way as his potential has been over abused at this point. There are also the other Gods of Destruction I suppose, but in many ways they would serve the same role as Beerus. I guess for me I can't really make my final judgement on who would really be an ideal opponent until I see just how far Dragon Ball Super goes and what direction it ultimately ends up going.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:56 am

Yi Xing Long (Syn/Omega Shenron) could have been a great final villain, but his characters was badly made. He shows up out of nowhere with no proper introduction, he has little to no personality and his motivation was badly written. Not to mention Zarama is the creator of the original Dragon Balls while Yi Xing Long is a dragon born from being over used from the Dragon Balls. I think the two would likely be very different from each other.
She/Her

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:11 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Yi Xing Long (Syn/Omega Shenron) could have been a great final villain, but his characters was badly made. He shows up out of nowhere with no proper introduction, he has little to no personality and his motivation was badly written. Not to mention Zarama is the creator of the original Dragon Balls while Yi Xing Long is a dragon born from being over used from the Dragon Balls. I think the two would likely be very different from each other.
That's very true and a good point. I guess I was focusing to much on the idea of their origins relating to the Dragon Balls as opposed to their characters, personalities, and motivations.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:09 am

A villain who can't be hurt by god ki ? I think goku & vegeta have become really powerful to fight a villain. In the end, they'll have to use Super DB's to get back to the level where they started, i.e. , pre BoG level. Then they somehow defeat the villain. They also get to keep EoZ in this case.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Have any of you ever read or heard of Dragon Ball New Age? There's a thread about it right here on Kanzenshuu(which i guess you're already aware of)

But the final villain should definitely be The Creator God of the whole multiverse. (the one above all) an omnipotent being who's the source of everything in existence and nothing can possibly exist without him.
that's what i want to see after the 12 Gods of Destruction.
and it would make for a great sense of despair aswell.

Besides that? i guess Zarama maybe. (definitely an interesting character!)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:43 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Like Fat Janemba?! if that one came out nowadays, people would lose their shit. Same with Fat Buu.
How dare you compare Fatty J to that nipple fiend! I never liked Fat Buu as a villain either.

Fat Janemba would be welcomed. <3
Fatty J shoots blasts out of his nipples, just saying. :P

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:51 pm

I feel like it needs to be someone with the power to threaten all 12 universes.
I also would really like Zarama to be a villain of an arc, if only to have him shit talk the GT Dragons in the fighting games =P
"You call yourself a Shenlong? Pitiful."

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:22 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Have any of you ever read or heard of Dragon Ball New Age? There's a thread about it right here on Kanzenshuu(which i guess you're already aware of)

But the final villain should definitely be The Creator God of the whole multiverse. (the one above all) an omnipotent being who's the source of everything in existence and nothing can possibly exist without him.

How do you even fight an omnipotent being?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:08 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Have any of you ever read or heard of Dragon Ball New Age? There's a thread about it right here on Kanzenshuu(which i guess you're already aware of)

How do you even fight an omnipotent being?
You Don't. That's the point. It would be awesome to have such an overpowered character whom Goku and the Z Warriors could never defeat. And would make the story a lot more exciting. Since there's such a huge sense of despair.