Golden Cooler Idea/Question

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Golden Cooler Idea/Question

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:36 pm

I wasn't really sure whether this fit more this section or in-universe, but since I'm thinking of it more in just a design way...I'm opting for here. I should also add that this isn't really something I'm clamoring for, just something that occurred to me earlier.

Suppose a video game in the future (like Heroes or something) decided to give a what-if 'Golden' form to Cooler - it's entirely possible, since there's been plenty of what if forms for characters in games before. If such a thing happened, which form do you think would get the design tweaks applied to? This one -
- or this one?
On the one hand, Freeza utilized his Golden form from his final form (which is basically akin to the first one we see Cooler in), rather than his 100% form, so it's possible it'd be that one for Cooler as well. At the same time though, Cooler's 'final form' is much more of a new form entirely than Freeza's 100% one was, which was basically just his final form only more muscular. So either option is logical enough for what it is...although given that Heroes is the most likely place something like this could happen, logic is the last thing they'd be thinking of anyway. :P

Which of the two forms do you guys think would most likely be tweaked for this hypothetical new form for Cooler? Which form would you rather see it happen for, if at all? For my own part, I'm expecting that if it happens, it'd be to the first one, but personally I'd prefer the latter, as it'd make the form at least a little more different from Freeza's than it would otherwise be.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: Golden Cooler Idea/Question

Post by LightBing » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm pretty confident that if it happens, the first one would be chosen. Metal Cooler already went with it.
Didn't Freeza mentioned he purposely made his color Gold? There's the chance Cooler goes in another direction. Pink Cooler would be fun.

I don't particularly like Cooler further form, I would much prefer if it was applied to it's regular form.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:04 pm

Freeza's 100% power "form" isn't a real transformation. He likely only buffs up because he's not used to controlling that power, so there was no real reason for that to be a design base for Golden Freeza after he trained.

Coola's "Super Evolution" on the other hand is an actual transformation. It was actually akin to his race's version of Super Saiyan (prior to Golden Freeza literally becoming gold). That's why he drops out of the form prior to meeting his "death" at the hands of the sun at the end of DBZ Movie 5. So if Coola were to unlock an Ultimate Evolution like Freeza did, it would likely use his "normal", Freeza-esque form as the base.

In-universe though, given that Freeza states he had some control over designing his Ultimate Evo (at least the golden color), it's possible Coola could make his version look like a further transformation from his Super Evo and some other color if he wanted to.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Platinum (color chosen) Cooler should be a thing since he loves one-upping his brother.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:18 am

How about Red 5th form Cooler? That would look neat.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:How about Red 5th form Cooler? That would look neat.
Kool-Aid Cooler? Kooler-Aid?
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:24 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:Platinum (color chosen) Cooler should be a thing since he loves one-upping his brother.
I was thinking the same thing, but with his bigger transformed state. He'd look pretty slick.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:45 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Platinum (color chosen) Cooler should be a thing since he loves one-upping his brother.
I was thinking the same thing, but with his bigger transformed state. He'd look pretty slick.
Like Gold or Platinum Shredder.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Since "metallic" counts as a color in Dragon Ball (Sergeant Metallic) does that mean Metal Coola was the counterpart to Golden Freeza all along?
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:37 am

Thouser wrote:Since "metallic" counts as a color in Dragon Ball (Sergeant Metallic) does that mean Metal Coola was the counterpart to Golden Freeza all along?
Yeah, that's what I thought too! Although, I don't remember Cooler calling himself Metal-Cooler
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Thouser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Thouser » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:40 am

successoroffate wrote:
Thouser wrote:Since "metallic" counts as a color in Dragon Ball (Sergeant Metallic) does that mean Metal Coola was the counterpart to Golden Freeza all along?
Yeah, that's what I thought too! Although, I don't remember Cooler calling himself Metal-Cooler
I don't remember if they use it in the movie but he's labeled that in Daizenshuu 6 (pg. 89).
"Like that bald punk? Killyin... You're talking about Killyin?!!" - Anime Labs

「他们並不是我孫兒... 是我弟弟。」 - 龜仙人

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:19 am

If Metal Cooler wasn't a thing, I would honestly say that would have been the appropriate alternative transformation for him reaching the equivalent of Golden Freeza.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:If Metal Cooler wasn't a thing, I would honestly say that would have been the appropriate alternative transformation for him reaching the equivalent of Golden Freeza.
Though, to be fair, I never understood why the creators of movie 6 did not have actual Cooler in his Final Form, but with a Meta-Cooler body and was connected to the core. Instead, we got Cooler that looks like he tried to hook up with a TV.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:47 am

At the end of Movie 5, Cooler was back in his first form again when he was being shot into the sun for some reason. So Movie 6 used his first form for the Metal version.