Fact Checker (update: Ep.51)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fact Checker (update: Ep.21)

Post by ssj_duelist » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:20 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:About Episode 24.

-- Despite a seemingly even fight, Goku says in one occassion he couldn't defeat Freeza if the fight continued without Vegeta's intervertion.

-- Another one is Freeza suposing that since Goku have defeated Majin Boo he should be stronger, thus he should be hiding more power.

-- Once again Goku uses the same explanation about his new form, but this time the other characters mention things about how Goku became Super Saiyan God again and Roshi wonders if Goku has become stronger than when he fought Beerus.

Are those implications accurate?
The second one implies Base form Goku couldn't defeat buu (Kid Buu?) as it stands, so he still hasn't surpassed Vegito, and SSB hasn't surpassed Super Vegito.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:31 am

ssj_duelist wrote:

-- Despite a seemingly even fight, Goku says in one occassion he couldn't defeat Freeza if the fight continued without Vegeta's intervertion.

-- Another one is Freeza suposing that since Goku have defeated Majin Boo he should be stronger, thus he should be hiding more power.

-- Once again Goku uses the same explanation about his new form, but this time the other characters mention things about how Goku became Super Saiyan God again and Roshi wonders if Goku has become stronger than when he fought Beerus.

The second one implies Base form Goku couldn't defeat buu (Kid Buu?) as it stands, so he still hasn't surpassed Vegito, and SSB hasn't surpassed Super Vegito.
Freeza never met Majin Buu let alone knew how strong he is except for the stories his father told about him,i dont think thats enough proof.

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj_duelist » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:31 am

He doesn't need to have met him to know his strength. His dad could have told him and he could make an educated guess.

n another note, no more 24 hour good subs or this thread being updated? Dark times. :(

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:37 am

ssj_duelist wrote:n another note, no more 24 hour good subs or this thread being updated? Dark times. :(
Come on, it's Christmas' time. I'm sure there will be updates in the following week. You can still share some of your experiences with the last episodes to further analisis.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:54 pm

It's a shame this thread isn't being updated anymore.. I get that we don't really need it. But it was definitely fun and interesting to hear Herms' personal input on it.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:35 pm

It will updated if you found suspicous fan translations that you want to corroborate, so please make herms know them & he might update this tread.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:21 pm

No to all three. Hell, the second one is the exact opposite of what he actually says, that he never thought Goku would be this strong despite knowing he had defeated Boo.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Adamant wrote:

No to all three.Hell, the second one is the exact opposite of what he actually says, that he never thought Goku would be this strong despite knowing he had defeated Boo.
This is not true. The 3th example he used is accurate. The others wonder wether he became a super saiyan god and Master Roshi indeed said: "Has Goku reached a level even higher than what he was at back then?".

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:55 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: This is not true. The 3th example he used is accurate. The others wonder wether he became a super saiyan god and Master Roshi indeed said: "Has Goku reached a level even higher than what he was at back then?".
Yes, yes he does. "A level higher than back then" doesn't necessarily imply "stronger". Especially since they're just talking about how how Goku just turned into some weird blue-haired form they had never seen before, and, similarly to Super Saiyan God, can't sense the ki of.

There's absolutely nothing in that line that implies Goku is stronger in this form than he was as a Super Saiyan God, which is what was asked, seemingly for silly power comparison purposes.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:27 pm

Adamant wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: This is not true. The 3th example he used is accurate. The others wonder wether he became a super saiyan god and Master Roshi indeed said: "Has Goku reached a level even higher than what he was at back then?".
Yes, yes he does. "A level higher than back then" doesn't necessarily imply "stronger". Especially since they're just talking about how how Goku just turned into some weird blue-haired form they had never seen before, and, similarly to Super Saiyan God, can't sense the ki of.

There's absolutely nothing in that line that implies Goku is stronger in this form than he was as a Super Saiyan God, which is what was asked, seemingly for silly power comparison purposes.
Yes it does. Sorry to say but that's just wrong. "A level higher than back then" (Refering to ssj god here obviously) pretty much means that he's stronger. There's no going around it.
Sure Master Roshi and the others may not be able to sense Godly Ki and know nothing about their power. But the line itself "heavily implies" it being stronger.

derpgoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by derpgoku » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:20 pm

In ep 25 frieza says "based on the energy i am sensing ,i can tell i am much stronger then you" does this mean that he can sens god ki or this is a mistranslation.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:25 pm

derpgoku wrote:In ep 25 Freeza says "based on the energy i am sensing ,i can tell i am much stronger then you" does this mean that he can sens god ki or this is a mistranslation.
Also in the same episode, the narrator says that Goku reached a form (Super Saiyan Blue) which is stronger than Super Saiyan God. Is that what he is really said?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:58 am

derpgoku wrote:In ep 25 Freeza says "based on the energy i am sensing ,i can tell i am much stronger then you" does this mean that he can sens god ki or this is a mistranslation.
If it's the part I'm looking at, he could be talking about his own energy, saying that it looks like he's superior to Gokuu now.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote: Also in the same episode, the narrator says that Goku reached a form (Super Saiyan Blue) which is stronger than Super Saiyan God. Is that what he is really said?
The narrator did not say "Super Saiyan Blue", just talked about him surpassing Super Saiyan God by transforming to a new form.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Any chance of this getting updated any time soon?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:24 am

I'd like to see this updated as well - especially now that from this point on it's all new material never seen before in animated form.

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj_duelist » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:54 am

Really want to see this updated too. There is so much misinformation about and I have no idea if what I'm watching is accurate. The NinjaTeam subs just take so long to come out, and I don't feel like watching every episode twice.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Now that we're finally headed into new material, and everyone is hyped again..
Will this perhaps be updated again??

I for one would really love it!

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:17 am

Fansub massive mistranslation of the week:

Proper translation: "The universes whose numbers add up to 13 are counterparts."
A certain speedsub: "There is also a thirteenth universe that's the universe where the other 12 are inside of."
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:20 am

Puto wrote:Fansub massive mistranslation of the week:

Proper translation: "The universes whose numbers add up to 13 are counterparts."
A certain speedsub: "There is also a thirteenth universe that's the universe where the other 12 are inside of."
Yeah i heard! Just HOW is such a mistranslation possible? They really seem to believe it to heart.

http://i.imgur.com/ANFK55P.png

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Puto wrote:Fansub massive mistranslation of the week:

I noted that in the episode thread. Thanks for the correct translation! :D
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra