"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:47 am

I think it should have been out by now.When is it?
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:57 am

What should have been out by now? The next chapter? That won't be for another two weeks, at least.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:37 am

I meant chapter 7. it still isn't out for a lot of sites. Just checked the app and it's there. But some sites are saying they'll upload when it's out. I think the NEXT chapter will be like 4 weeks, they wait til the end of the month correct? So it should be 4 weeks sadly.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:41 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:I meant chapter 7. it still isn't out for a lot of sites. Just checked the app and it's there. But some sites are saying they'll upload when it's out. I think the NEXT chapter will be like 4 weeks, they wait til the end of the month correct? So it should be 4 weeks sadly.
Any sites hosting the chapter are doing so illegally. There is no legitimate online distribution for the Dragon Ball Super manga, and your discussion of such is not welcome here.

If you would like to own the chapter, you may do so by purchasing the respective issue of V-Jump.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Theophrastus
Regular

Post by Theophrastus » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:53 am

I'm kind of surprised that Viz hasn't picked up the Super manga for their version of Weekly Shonen Jump. I mean, they already have a series from V-Jump running in it (Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal before that), so it's not like there's no precedent for them getting stuff from V-Jump.

Maybe an issue of Toyotaro not wanting his artwork to be published digitally for some reason? Or maybe Viz just doesn't see a point in running it when the anime it's promoting isn't being broadcast in English yet...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:55 am

Theophrastus wrote:Maybe an issue of Toyotaro not wanting his artwork to be published digitally for some reason? Or maybe Viz just doesn't see a point in running it when the anime it's promoting isn't being broadcast in English yet...
Toyotaro would (likely) have absolutely zero say in anything that gets done with his work. He's just another grunt.

It's the latter: no sense in promoting a product (the anime) that isn't available anywhere else. It would just cause more confusion than anything else. It'd be a great pick-up for later down the road, for sure, though...!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:32 am

alakazam^ wrote:No one has talked about it but I was wondering what the relationship between the U6 team members is like. Are they U6 Z Warriors? Are they rivals? Are they strangers? Have they fought previously?

What do you think?
I can see Hit and Frost having a Vegeta/Goku like rivalry.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:20 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:No one has talked about it but I was wondering what the relationship between the U6 team members is like. Are they U6 Z Warriors? Are they rivals? Are they strangers? Have they fought previously?

What do you think?

I think the Winnie the Pooh guy is like the buu of universe 6. one's a gummy bear the other is gum, it'd fit toriyama's mindset. Heat and frost definitely have something most likely, or they'll be the only ones not to know each other and it's to throw people off! XD

The strange thing is nobody I've seen has made a connection of the robot to Oolang's old robot transformation in terms of looks. Just saying it's Broly in there (and as much as I love Broly, it's not gonna be him)

Chillekasper
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Chillekasper » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:27 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:

What do you think?

I think the Winnie the Pooh guy is like the buu of universe 6. one's a gummy bear the other is gum, it'd fit toriyama's mindset. Heat and frost definitely have something most likely, or they'll be the only ones not to know each other and it's to throw people off! XD

The strange thing is nobody I've seen has made a connection of the robot to Oolang's old robot transformation in terms of looks. Just saying it's Broly in there (and as much as I love Broly, it's not gonna be him)
I'm also interested who is the strongest in the other team. What do you ppl think? I think the robot could be the strongest of them... :P

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:29 pm

Chillekasper wrote:I'm also interested who is the strongest in the other team. What do you ppl think? I think the robot could be the strongest of them... :P
i think the robot is the strongest aswell , then heat/hit
and then i think the saiyan, bear and frost are the same like jeice, burter and reecoome where in the ginyu force.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Maybe it's not a robot, maybe it's a suit of armor and the fighter is inside it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:38 pm

I think the kid saiyan will be, the question is what form of ssj will he or she have, if ANY. Maybe this is how they'll give us a new form. Each saga in super has gotten a new ssj form. Now it's time for green! :3

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm more convinced the next haircolor is gonna be white.

Brolli monopolizes green after all.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Maybe Toriyama going green would finally be the kick in the pants everyone else involved with modern Dragon Ball needs to realize that Broli's hair was never GREEN in any of his content. That's a more recent, and relatively horrible, design choice.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

NickMamba

Post by NickMamba » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Finally got my account activated! I've been following this thread pretty closely, and have a theory on what may happen! Let me know what you think!

I believe that we will once again see Vegito. The show and movie keep eluding to Goku and Vegeta fighting together. They have spent so much time trainin together now, and in my opinion share a brotherly type bond. Vegeta has always been envious of Goku and his strength being superior to his own, however it seems Vegeta has finally equaled or maybe even surpassed him. (Faired better against Beerus while at SSJ2 than Goku did at SSJ3, spent more time training with Whis, achieved SSG [SSGSS/SSJB] without the ritual, and handled Golden Freeza with ease albeit Goku had just worn hi, out and noticed his weakness.) you can see they're closeness when Vegeta catches Goku when he falls to the Earth during his battle with Beerus. Or when he smiles at him during they're traini with Whis and Goku couldn't stand. I believe that during or after the tournament, the mega villain will be revealed. I believe it could be the Dragon God, if he has the power to make the planet sized wishing orbs, spread them out between 2 universes, and the power to grant any wish, he will be a lot stronger than Beerus/Champa and Whis/Vados. During training when Whis tells the story about Beerus destroying their planets moons or Suns, whichever it was, Goku asks if they're powerful enough to create stars which Whis tells him no. The Dragon a God is powerful enough to create Planet sized dragon balls. I also could see Champa being the villain, as I believe there could be an ominous reason behind the search for the Super DBs.

So anyways, my theory on why we will see Vegito. I believe when the villain is revealed, the winner of the tournament (Monacca or a Uni6 guy) will try to take him down and will completely obliterated. If this fighter was powerful enough to win the tournament seeing him being destroyed with ease will prompt the Gods and or Whis/Vados to fight, which they will not win due to the villains surperior power. Upon seeing this Goku and Vegeta will realize a fusion is necessary. Anyone notice the Universe 6 Kaios have Portara Earings??! And they emphasize that you can be defused by dragonballs, aaaand, the debate on who the Super Saiyan God in the flashback of Beerus vision, people have debated if it's Goku while it looks like Vegeta, how about Vegito?? So yeah, I think he'll be back and SSG. I believe that's the reason for Kibito Kai defusing to show it can be done, it's the reason for the other Kaios to be there and wearing the Portara, and it's the reason they've stressed numerous times throughly the series the importance of Goku and Vegeta fighting together.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:38 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Maybe Toriyama going green would finally be the kick in the pants everyone else involved with modern Dragon Ball needs to realize that Broli's hair was never GREEN in any of his content. That's a more recent, and relatively horrible, design choice.
It does make for a (imo) horrid design choice when they revealed oozaru Brolli in Heroes. The first time I saw lime-green oozaru Brolli I laughed pretty hard.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm more convinced the next haircolor is gonna be white.

Brolli monopolizes green after all.

White should be the FINAL ssj color. It's the color of wisdom and experience. It should be Goku and Vegeta's color when they purpass Whis and Vados, finish their training and perfected their fighting techniques.

Hot Rod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hot Rod » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:43 pm

White color is really the best choice if it truly is necessary to change it, although white is already in use by Baby Vegeta, but it is better than blue and the yet-again red (used for Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta).

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Wait, if Vegeta fuses with Goku (potara) it will actually not a maximum power Vegetto. Because these 2 aren't (that much) rivals anymore?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Wait, if Vegeta fuses with Goku (potara) it will actually not a maximum power Vegetto. Because these 2 aren't (that much) rivals anymore?
They're still very much rivals, it's just far less antagonistic now. If anything, I could see a new fusion between the two being stronger than ever before (even ignoring them both being stronger individually now).

Admittedly though, I'm not really clamoring for more Vegito, or even the first 'canon' appearance of Gogeta, but it does seem like the series might be heading that way.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)