"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:29 am

I hope we see SsjG Vegeta Now that the avatars are going God.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:24 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:I hope we see SsjG Vegeta Now that the avatars are going God.
Same, but I wonder which outfit they'd pick.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:03 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Kinda not surprised they are bypassing SSJ4 for Saiyan avatars since SSJG and SSGSS are the hot topic right now in the franchise. That or they didnt want to make adult models for all the Saiyan avatars.
Not to mention, it would be hard to make female SSj4 avatars. How can they cover up the nipples and breast with the red fur?
Well they wouldnt if real apes are anything to go by. If you look at it from that angle then breasts would still be exposed on female Saiyans. Though in all honesty that really isnt much of a issue since we have already seen SSJ4 do this -

Magic clothes fix boobie problems.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:52 am

Interesting, never had the confirmation that SSJ4 in fact increases the user height.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:24 am

Noah wrote:Interesting, never had the confirmation that SSJ4 in fact increases the user height.
So, does this mean SS4 Broly is taller his LSS self? Geez... If he was not big enough already...
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:57 am

SS4 forms a whole new body the same way Ozaru morphs their being. GT is the only material that actually does this though (Goku going from kid to adult excluded). All the games, Heroes animations, etc keep the SS4 characters the same height as all their other forms (again, Goku going from kid to adult excluded).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:56 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Not to mention, it would be hard to make female SSj4 avatars. How can they cover up the nipples and breast with the red fur?
Well they wouldnt if real apes are anything to go by. If you look at it from that angle then breasts would still be exposed on female Saiyans.
I considered this possibility a while back, actually. The reasoning I came up with is that they could reverse the design. Instead of making the fur go under the abs area, they can go over, thus covering the breast area. A Super Saiyan F(o)ur bra.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Or, you know, it could just give the females an article of clothing to cover their breasts. The transformation already alters character's clothes, but even if it didn't, look at what they've continued to do to the adult Gotenks versions. I don't think they'd mind just doing whatever they'd want.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:52 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if female sayians in SSJ4 would be the same just have no nipples drawn. It would look horrible, but Heroes does not shy away from that.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:40 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Or, you know, it could just give the females an article of clothing to cover their breasts. The transformation already alters character's clothes, but even if it didn't, look at what they've continued to do to the adult Gotenks versions. I don't think they'd mind just doing whatever they'd want.
Never mind Gotenks, look at Golden Oozaru Broli & Gogeta! This is even more illogical.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:56 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Or, you know, it could just give the females an article of clothing to cover their breasts. The transformation already alters character's clothes, but even if it didn't, look at what they've continued to do to the adult Gotenks versions. I don't think they'd mind just doing whatever they'd want.
Yes but, as much as they keep changing adult Gotenks, the fusions have an upper piece of clothing. Super Saiyan 4 (even Broli, if I remember correctly) does not. So, if they wanna continue to use some kind of logic, that would be a way.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:look at Golden Oozaru Broli
You mean the guy from the race that has armor that expands when they use those forms? He at least has that going for him, in that aspect.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:00 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Never mind Gotenks, look at Golden Oozaru Broli & Gogeta! This is even more illogical.
Eh. I don't like that they have clothes (at all), but nothing says that they shouldn't. Broli's clothes already changes size to fit his LSS form, so they could be made of some sort of fiber that mimics the trait of the polymer in Freeza's battle jackets (DB/Toriyama logic). Likewise, Gogeta's clothes are the result of Fusion dance "magic", so who knows how they work.

The same actually goes for Gotenks. Nothing says his clothes can't change for some reason or another (mastery over the technique or something, given Toriyama's statements on it in the Full Color Q&A's?), I just don't like that it's happening. Feels like Gotenks is loosing a lot of what kinda set him apart as an unique individual when he starts utilizing things from his fusees (gloves, boots, sword, etc) rather than just being the result of them.
Rukura wrote:Yes but, as much as they keep changing adult Gotenks, the fusions have an upper piece of clothing. Super Saiyan 4 (even Broli, if I remember correctly) does not. So, if they wanna continue to use some kind of logic, that would be a way.
----
You mean the guy from the race that has armor that expands when they use those forms? He at least has that going for him, in that aspect.
There is zero consistency between the SS4 characters.
Goku - Changes nearly all his clothes
Vegeta - Loses shirt, and changes gloves.
Gogeta - Changes wristbands (and many colors for the form's traits)
Gohan - Only loses shirt.
Broli - Changes nothing.

If you want to get technical though (Gogeta excluded, because Fusion logic AFTER already in SS4), Broli does have his necklace. So that doesn't mean the form has to obliterate anything worn on the upper torso. They could use the same logic for the girls, or even just instate new logic because we've never seen a SS4 female.

Maybe. I know I just suggested that Broli could have stretchy clothes, but I also feel the need to point out that said clothes came from Freeza's organization. So it's not something he really has going for him since his character design specifically notes that he wears what he does since he's not aligned with Freeza. Though that doesn't rule out one of Paragus' scientists copying and improving the tech. I hate to think he's been wearing that armor since planet Vegeta blew up...

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:47 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote: There is zero consistency between the SS4 characters.

If you want to get technical though (Gogeta excluded, because Fusion logic AFTER already in SS4), Broli does have his necklace. So that doesn't mean the form has to obliterate anything worn on the upper torso. They could use the same logic for the girls, or even just instate new logic because we've never seen a SS4 female.
My point is that, aside from changing/keeping wristbands/gloves, the upper torso has nothing but fur. Gogeta has his fusion vest of course, and Broli has his necklace...because...golden lime ape with clothes and necklace logic.

We already have a precedent of female SS3 having eyebrows, right? My idea would be more along the lines of that logic, of slightly changing what's already there to fit a feminine character. Ergo, moving the fur around. Like so:

Except, of course, keeping a more slender female figure. (Even if slightly buffed, perhaps) Maybe some underboob, if they wanna pull a Towa-esque design.
Maybe someone that can draw could figure out if that works :P

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:04 pm

No, I've understood what you've been saying since ths start, but like I said, we've never seen a SS4 female before. Just as in your example for SS3 females (and to use that against you); whether they lose their eyebrows and gain a slight bulge (depicted majority) or just keep their hair (depicted minority), the fact is that they don't look the same as males. Could this gender difference mean that they'd just cover up the breasts with fur? Sure. But we have nothing saying that female SS4s don't have upper articles of clothing when they transform either.

Even if that is a rule written somewhere in the design notes for the form, as you basically said yourself in regards to "golden lime ape with clothes and necklace" logic, the people in charge don't always follow established "rules" when creating these new fusions or form combinations. So giving the SS4 females a magically appearing sports bra or something wouldn't contradict anything we know.

Hot Rod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Hot Rod » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:50 pm

Has anyone noticed Xeno Gotenks in this image? Also I liked his design, it is good Heroes always does something in order to make the characters unique.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:But we have nothing saying that female SS4s don't have upper articles of clothing when they transform either.

Even if that is a rule written somewhere in the design notes for the form, as you basically said yourself in regards to "golden lime ape with clothes and necklace" logic, the people in charge don't always follow established "rules" when creating these new fusions or form combinations. So giving the SS4 females a magically appearing sports bra or something wouldn't contradict anything we know.
Fair enough, it can go either way, for all we know. I guess I just wanted them to not give them more magically appearing clothing or accessories, mostly lol. We already have them losing all of them in the ape form, getting new ones for SS4 and reverting to their original clothes when back to base form, in Goku's case. Adding more magic clothes to female SS4 just because now there's boobs to cover up would be a bit more jarring for me, and come off as a bit lazy in terms of design creativity.

SSB4Hero
Banned Alternate Account

Post by SSB4Hero » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:59 pm

Hello, I am new here. I am happy to join in this interesting discussion.

My opinion on this matter is that at best maybe if the artist at Dimps followed a similar route in eliminating the most male aspect of the Super Saiyan 4(the body hair) then maybe the clothing issue wouldn't be a problem. So what do you guys think on this idea?
When the going gets tough. Combine ideas.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:10 pm

SSB4Hero wrote:Hello, I am new here. I am happy to join in this interesting discussion.

My opinion on this matter is that at best maybe if the artist at Dimps followed a similar route in eliminating the most male aspect of the Super Saiyan 4(the body hair) then maybe the clothing issue wouldn't be a problem. So what do you guys think on this idea?
If you eliminate the body hair, it wouldn't be a Super Saiyan 4.

SSB4Hero
Banned Alternate Account

Post by SSB4Hero » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:17 pm

DNA wrote:
SSB4Hero wrote:Hello, I am new here. I am happy to join in this interesting discussion.

If you eliminate the body hair, it wouldn't be a Super Saiyan 4.
True but it will be a Super Saiyan 4 Female. Male Super Saiyan 3 had buldging eyebrow muscle yet the female didn't. Didn't make the female SS3 less of a SS3 right?

They will still have the eyeliner, head hair and tail color of a SS4. Still makes them unique. Basically the issue with the body hair is too prevent showing bare chest. So female SS4 can keep their current clothing while still show characteristics of a SS4. It is a win/win situation for Dimps. Too bad they went the easy route.
When the going gets tough. Combine ideas.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm not saying I support the magic clothes. I don't. But sometimes you just have to deal with things, regardless of the logic, or lackthereof. It's not just potential SS4 females either. If we tredge down the path of SS4 Bardock, I'm not sure what they should do with his design. Keeping his battle jacket would look strange, but just having black spandex pants alongside his new, more detailed forearm and shin guards would look just as strange IMO.

Likewise, female SS4 characters, if we were ever to get one will probably suffer the same fate. Whatever they did to censor the breasts of the characters would probably look odd in comparison to the male traits we are already familiar with, but it would almost certainly happen. So we just have to deal with whatever they pick.