Dragon Ball Final Bout - PS2 style case

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Final Bout - PS2 style case

Post by DNA » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:12 am

Hey guys, got a request if anyone is willing to do. If not, I'll eventually learn image editing and do it myself.

So, I've been collecting 3D fighting Dragon Ball games, I've got everything from Final Bout up until Raging Blast 2. I'll get to the others when my financial situation gets better.
Problem is, Final Bout is the only PlayStation 1 game, and as such has an odd case that stands out like a sore thumb. I've been thinking about getting a DVD sized cover but I've only found 2 online and they look ugly as sin.

I was wondering if anyone talented would be kind enough to construct a DVD size cover based on the JAP released of the game, the artwork, screenshots, translated text; with some bits and pieces of the PAL release, such as technical information and the barcode.

Thanks in advance!

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Final Bout - PS2 style case

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:37 pm

Isn't Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 also a game for the PlayStation One?

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:15 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Isn't Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 also a game for the PlayStation One?
It is, but it was a 2d fighting game with 3d backgrounds.
Legends also used 2d sprites for the characters but I think you maybe could fly around 3d a bit. I don't recall the details so maybe you couldn't control it, but you had multiple characters in the battles and they could be at different xy and z positions. Might not count that one though since some might not count that as a traditional fighting game and I think all the attacks homed in so the 3d part was more so there for the characters to not get in the way.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Well, like I said, 3D fighting games. Legends is a good candidate, I've played and beat that game, but I'm not getting a Sega Saturn just to own that game. Even though there are plenty other good games on that console that never saw releases on anything else. Come on Sega, give us a Sega Virtual Console or whatever.
Oh and Ultimate Battle is a disgusting looking game anyway, which wasn't released on Europe.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:54 pm

DNA wrote:Well, like I said, 3D fighting games. Legends is a good candidate, I've played and beat that game, but I'm not getting a Sega Saturn just to own that game. Even though there are plenty other good games on that console that never saw releases on anything else. Come on Sega, give us a Sega Virtual Console or whatever.
Oh and Ultimate Battle is a disgusting looking game anyway, which wasn't released on Europe.
Legends was on the PS1 as well. Though If wiki is right the only European release was on the Saturn in France and Spain. And IIRC the Saturn version was a little better (had better backgrounds (added trees and stuff) and might of ran faster). But hey if you want a complete collection...then you might need to get a Saturn, or a modded PS1 or the attachments they had for the fat PS1.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:23 pm

dario03 wrote:Legends was on the PS1 as well. Though If wiki is right the only European release was on the Saturn in France and Spain. And IIRC the Saturn version was a little better (had better backgrounds (added trees and stuff) and might of ran faster). But hey if you want a complete collection...then you might need to get a Saturn, or a modded PS1 or the attachments they had for the fat PS1.
Yes, I already knew all that and no, I'm not interested in having that much of a complete collection. That's not even the point of this topic. It sure derailed fast.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:37 pm Isn't Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 also a game for the PlayStation One?
Since I have Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 in my possession and played it for several hours, this was one game that had been made with little love behind it's design and creation.

Supermist

Post by Supermist » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:10 pm