What character would you give a spin off too

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What character would you give a spin off too

Post by omaro34 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Cipher wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Beerus. Considering the people he's met, his role in the universe and just how much of a unique character he is, I feel as though his own spin-off could go into territories that Dragon Ball had never gone into before, while telling a really good story.
Eh, I really don't see an out-and-out sociopath like Beerus being able to carry a story. We pretty much know what his shtick is. He's fun with the other characters though.
Agreed. That cat would simply be trying out delicacies and blowing up planets.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:47 am

I'd go with Whis. I'd love to see more about his race and his planet. Also, seeing his adventures he was on with Beerus would be fun too.

CosmicSaiyan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by CosmicSaiyan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:06 am

LSSSJ BROLY!!! I hope he comes back as a legendary super saiyan 3 god! XD

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:36 am

Android 17, and the Ginyu Force

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:12 am

The Ginyu Force because the Ginyu Force are so much fun and enjoyable. They all have their own personalities and you can feel a bound with all of them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:00 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:The Ginyu Force because the Ginyu Force are so much fun and enjoyable. They all have their own personalities and you can feel a bound with all of them.
Cool. They're all fascist murderers.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:55 am

I was also thinking about the Ginyu Force and Freeza's army. Daily shenanigans with colorful aliens that swing between badassness and silly humor , but also, as Cipher already mentioned, they are galatic murderers so it's kinda hard to imagine a kid show with them as protagonist. Unless it's all about dark humor. Have an episode be about Ginyu Force looking for a new member and they're holding dancing auditions with Freeza as a reluctant judge, all fun and laughs, and the last 2 minutes is about them going to eradicate a planet :/

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dotogam » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:39 am

Cipher wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:The Ginyu Force because the Ginyu Force are so much fun and enjoyable. They all have their own personalities and you can feel a bound with all of them.
Cool. They're all fascist murderers.
That is part of the character's charm. They are murderers with zany personalities. It makes them quite funny characters. They committed horrible acts for Freeza but they have other character traits than just killing people. Also, I don't understand why you would call the Ginyu Tokusentai Fascist. I think they would make for a wonderful spin off as long as it isn't taken seriously and is more of a comedy.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.

Vynak
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vynak » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:39 am

Cipher wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Beerus. Considering the people he's met, his role in the universe and just how much of a unique character he is, I feel as though his own spin-off could go into territories that Dragon Ball had never gone into before, while telling a really good story.
Eh, I really don't see an out-and-out sociopath like Beerus being able to carry a story. We pretty much know what his shtick is. He's fun with the other characters though.
If you backdate it far enough it could be good. Beerus is extremely old and we don't know a lot of of his history (or Whis') so there's a lot of potential there.

I've also always thought a spin off revolving around Freeza and the planet trade org would be good too. Starting before Planet Vegeta was destroyed and continuing thru til after (but before Z picks up). It would allow for the Saiyan's history to be expanded on and fleshed out. We could find out how the Ginyu Force originated (also provide a comedic aspect) and we could get a more elaborate dynamic between Vegeta and Freeza (as well as Vegeta and his team). The general setting would allow for as light or serious a story as needed.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:56 am

Bra,Pan and Marron would be cool. I think I want to see those characters expanded upon above all else. There's a lot of wiggle room to do whatever with them and I like their designs.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:27 am

Bardock is already way too overused so i dont think giving him another spin off would be a good idea.As others said,Beerus/Whis/Vados/Champa spinoff would be the most interesting to see with the Nameless Namekians coming second and Future Trunks life after the Cell Games being third.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:35 am

Hot Rod wrote:I would not give a spin-off, but a canon short stories to the ones that have little to no appearance, mainly King Vegeta (providing more backstory and info). Tights and Jaco probably would have their connection and appearance expanded a little bit more and Tarble would be integrated in a acceptable way. That is all, I guess.
I'd be down for this as long as Toriyama didn't write it, when it comes to going back to the past and filling in blanks, he's about as bad as it gets.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:22 am

Cipher wrote:
He's a sociopath... in the eyes of Toei. But when Toriyama's handling the character there is a much better balance of his neutral attitude towards his destruction of planets and, well, pretty much everyone he meets and how he interacts with them. Super made Beerus seem way more villainous than how he was portrayed in Battle Of Gods. And while Super does give Beerus' character more depth somewhat, it comes at the cost of some of the charm in character being disregarded. Beerus is millions of years old, and with the tidbits Toriyama has provided about the character, I feel a spin-off or a short story based around him, and Whis to an extension, would be very intriguing.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:50 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Cipher wrote:
He's a sociopath... in the eyes of Toei. But when Toriyama's handling the character there is a much better balance of his neutral attitude towards his destruction of planets and, well, pretty much everyone he meets and how he interacts with them. Super made Beerus seem way more villainous than how he was portrayed in Battle Of Gods. And while Super does give Beerus' character more depth somewhat, it comes at the cost of some of the charm in character being disregarded. Beerus is millions of years old, and with the tidbits Toriyama has provided about the character, I feel a spin-off or a short story based around him, and Whis to an extension, would be very intriguing.
Yes, i would rather watch that than Kuririn/Gohan fighting crime or Ginyu Squad doing their stuff. Why do people wanna see that anyway, it would get boring real fast.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:48 pm

Beerus, Whis, Champa and Vados already rule of the Gods arc, I think we will have more than enough of them by the time it ends.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Roshi and Tsuru-sennin.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:21 pm

More background to the Kaioshins. All of them, even the Supreme Kai.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:12 pm

The Young Roshi Chronicles

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

How about a Vegeta spin-off, like the story of Vegeta's growth from childhood to when we first meet him in the Saiyan Saga?
It would be interesting to see the parallel between the lives Goku and Vegeta during that time. Plus, we would see the development of the relationships between Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Cipher wrote:
Agreed. I feel Xenoverse did BoG Beerus' character justice and made him all the more likeable.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames