"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:07 pm

Saikyo Jump was released for the month, I think. I can't help but wonder if there were episode titles inside? Maybe the issue a few months ago where we got like half a dozen of them at once was an exception... :think:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:17 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Saikyo Jump was released for the month, I think. I can't help but wonder if there were episode titles inside? Maybe the issue a few months ago where we got like half a dozen of them at once was an exception... :think:
There was also a one which gave us summaries for episode 11-20. I think it was a few months ago too.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:24 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Saikyo Jump was released for the month, I think. I can't help but wonder if there were episode titles inside? Maybe the issue a few months ago where we got like half a dozen of them at once was an exception... :think:
It came out back in December. Nothing of interest in there for Super. The next issue isn't out until next month. (Remember, it's a bi-monthly magazine now.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:28 pm

Was it December? I was thinking the last issue was November, which would have made it due for a January release... I suppose I should maybe try to keep better track of Saikyo Jump's release schedule, but that's hard when you don't really care about it (outside of potential things like episode titles).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:23 am

I'm posting these here too because not everyone who translates visits the Animation Staff thread, but most everyone stops by here:
http://i.imgur.com/xW6n3Lm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RPTBCMn.jpg

I'm so excited! It looks like we're getting two King Ryû episodes in a row sandwiched by two Yoshifumi Fukushima episodes and I have missed them both so much lately!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:00 am

Now all we need to do is await translations. I'm kind excited to find out what we're going to cover in the first 3 Hakaishin Champa Arc episodes. It'll help a bit to determine the pacing compared to the manga.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:34 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Now all we need to do is await translations. I'm kind excited to find out what we're going to cover in the first 3 Hakaishin Champa Arc episodes. It'll help a bit to determine the pacing compared to the manga.
I'm really hoping they reveal who's idea it was for Gokû and Vegeta to train in the RoSaT for 3 years. ( * u * )

Also! I didn't notice at first, but episode 30 mentions Monaca at the end.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:02 am

All I know is that episode 30 title is undecided.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 am

Episode 29's title makes it look like Monaca gets to be team captain, but I could be reading that wrong. It's late at night where I am and I'm not fast enough (yet) with translating to get through all this right now. *Patiently awaits the higher level translators' arrival.*
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:28 am

looks like episode 28 is going to cover chapter 5 of the manga...
Also, episode 30 apparently is going to be about searching for Monaca...
Last edited by Beerus-sama on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:30 am

Chuquita wrote:I'm really hoping they reveal who's idea it was for Gokû and Vegeta to train in the RoSaT for 3 years. ( * u * )
It could be because Whis is training either Piccolo or Boo in that weird ROSAT-like place,which explains why Goku and Vegeta trained in the ROSAT without Whis.
Last edited by Khin on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:35 am

Woo hoo, new titles and summaries! ...man, why does it have to be so late at night? Wish I had time to thoroughly look through them right now, but a few points of interest I spotted:

For episode 26, the part that sticks out as being different from the movie is that Gohan tries to assist Gokuu in the fight, but Whis stops him. And Whis tells Gokuu there's a chance he can win (so, what, Whis is the one who figures out Freeza's weakness first?)

Episode 27 now has a different title than the TV listing posted a couple weeks ago. The new one is "The Earth Explodes?! A Conclusive Kamehameha." Summary doesn't seem to show much different from the movie, and it covers the part where Vegeta fights Freeza, who then rage quits and blows up the Earth (but there are some kanji I'm unsure about in this one, so I could be missing something).

Episode 28's new title is "Universe 6's God of Destruction: His Name is Champa". Peaceful days have returned to Earth following the battle with Freeza. Gokuu and Vegeta go back to train on Beerus' planet, and Champa turns up...basically, stuff we already know from the manga chapters.

Episode 29's title is...a lot of goddamn kanji o_O Well, I'm committed to doing this now, so...something along the lines of a meeting being held to decide details about the tournament, but I can't think of a phrasing that isn't extremely awkward :/ "A Meeting to Determine the Match! The Captain is a Guy Even Stronger Than Gokuu" (Ugh, I really hate how that sounds...someone, please come up with better phrasing!) As for the summary, it mentions things we already know: there'll be a 5 vs. 5 tournament, Champa wants to switch Earths if his team wins, it will happen in 5 days from then, and Whis and co. go to talk to Bulma about finding a way to search for the super dragon ball.

Episode 30 has no title decided yet. Beerus heads out to search for the rest of his team members. He goes to visit Monaka, the strongest guy he's ever fought before, but...?!

I'm sure someone with better kanji skills will come along to give the details in full, but for now its seems the manga has shown us much of the main plot for the first few episode of the new arc, though obviously there will be more details in the TV version that we haven't been told about yet.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:41 am

sailorspazz wrote:Woo hoo, new titles and summaries! ...man, why does it have to be so late at night? Wish I had time to thoroughly look through them right now, but a few points of interest I spotted:

For episode 26, the part that sticks out as being different from the movie is that Gohan tries to assist Gokuu in the fight, but Whis stops him. And Whis tells Gokuu there's a chance he can win (so, what, Whis is the one who figures out Freeza's weakness first?)

Episode 27 now has a different title than the TV listing posted a couple weeks ago. The new one is "The Earth Explodes?! A Conclusive Kamehameha." Summary doesn't seem to show much different from the movie, and it covers the part where Vegeta fights Freeza, who then rage quits and blows up the Earth (but there are some kanji I'm unsure about in this one, so I could be missing something).

Episode 28's new title is "Universe 6's God of Destruction: His Name is Champa". Peaceful days have returned to Earth following the battle with Freeza. Gokuu and Vegeta go back to train on Beerus' planet, and Champa turns up...basically, stuff we already know from the manga chapters.

Episode 29's title is...a lot of goddamn kanji o_O Well, I'm committed to doing this now, so...something along the lines of a meeting being held to decide details about the tournament, but I can't think of a phrasing that isn't extremely awkward :/ "A Meeting to Determine the Match! The Captain is a Guy Even Stronger Than Gokuu" (Ugh, I really hate how that sounds...someone, please come up with better phrasing!) As for the summary, it mentions things we already know: there'll be a 5 vs. 5 tournament, Champa wants to switch Earths if his team wins, it will happen in 5 days from then, and Whis and co. go to talk to Bulma about finding a way to search for the super dragon ball.

Episode 30 has no title decided yet. Beerus heads out to search for the rest of his team members. He goes to visit Monaka, the strongest guy he's ever fought before, but...?!

I'm sure someone with better kanji skills will come along to give the details in full, but for now its seems the manga has shown us much of the main plot for the first few episode of the new arc, though obviously there will be more details in the TV version that we haven't been told about yet.
Thank you,it seems like we're going to see Monaka's home planet.And about episode 26,WTF can Gohan even do to Freeza ?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:48 am

Thank you sailorspazz!

Of course The Captain is stronger than Gokû; The Captain's got The Sinister Mister Fister after all.
I've seen so much of TFS' Let's Play of Fallout 4 that I can't not picture their captain when that episode title mentions "The Captain". ^^;
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:15 am

Doesn't look like we will get a new opening (new song etc. not just updated visuals for 2-10 seconds) for Champa arc, does it?

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:50 am

Jaetinh wrote:Doesn't look like we will get a new opening (new song etc. not just updated visuals for 2-10 seconds) for Champa arc, does it?
I wouldn't expect a new opening song before July, if we're ever going to get one at all. The January cour and the Universe 6 arc were the only other logical start points for a new theme. Any other episode before July (start of a possible second year) would be too random, unless another new arc already starts before that.

I'm mostly basing this on the fact that One Piece only seems to change their opening once a year lately, and both Kai openings each lasted more than a year.
-Rachel

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:33 am

sailorspazz wrote:[...]but I can't think of a phrasing that isn't extremely awkward :/ "A Meeting to Determine the Match! The Captain is a Guy Even Stronger Than Gokuu" (Ugh, I really hate how that sounds...someone, please come up with better phrasing!)
Given the episode titles and movie titles we are used to, I'd say that sounds exactly like something they'd come up with!

Also Monaca gets to be Team Captain after all?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:39 am

dbgtFO wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:[...]but I can't think of a phrasing that isn't extremely awkward :/ "A Meeting to Determine the Match! The Captain is a Guy Even Stronger Than Gokuu" (Ugh, I really hate how that sounds...someone, please come up with better phrasing!)
Given the episode titles and movie titles we are used to, I'd say that sounds exactly like something they'd come up with!

Also Monaca gets to be Team Captain after all?
Well he certainly won't be stronger than Goku after his 3 years of training in the new rosat.
So it will only be for a short time.

raulvalente
Beyond Newbie

Post by raulvalente » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:50 am

So, we're getting a new ED in the next episode, right? And I think it's right to assume that in Episode #28 we're getting some changes in the opening theme :thumbup:

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:58 am

Monaka being the team captain is perfectly natural, but most people expected it to be Goku. I guess this will change some match up predictions, and it increases the odds of Goku losing.