"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by pacz360 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am

LightBing wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Did they mention they were gonna get a replacement in the meantime or is the tournament just gonna be 4 vs 5?
Judging from Beerus and Vegeta's reactions, it doesn't really seem like they are getting a replacement, though of course it should be quite easy given they have taxi man Kibito available.
Everybody loses, Beerus gets desperate and ask"Is there nobody else?". Cue for Gohan to come in and save the day.
Pls no.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:53 am

LightBing wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Did they mention they were gonna get a replacement in the meantime or is the tournament just gonna be 4 vs 5?
Judging from Beerus and Vegeta's reactions, it doesn't really seem like they are getting a replacement, though of course it should be quite easy given they have taxi man Kibito available.
Everybody loses, Beerus gets desperate and ask"Is there nobody else?". Cue for Gohan to come in and save the day.
That would actually be really cool. SSJB Gohan is very much a possibility now.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:53 am

ArchedThunder wrote: With a big climactic battle between Goku and Hit closing the tournament.
I don't think anyone is going to win against him this soon cause that would be to easy which DB isn't known for.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:55 am

sintzu wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: With a big climactic battle between Goku and Hit closing the tournament.
I don't think anyone is going to win against him this soon cause that would be to easy which DB isn't known for.
I didn't say Goku would win, just that it'd be a climactic battle.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:56 am

Buu being thrown out is just to give Goku an extra fight. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The most likely theory seems to be every U7 fighter fights and wins and then they all lose to Hit with the final battle being between Goku and Hit. Not sure who they'd have win that one. I'd enjoy having Hit win, but who knows.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:56 am

Yeah good going Goku, you stupid idiot, bringing Fat Boo instead of your genius son. Not all his fault though, Vegeta suggested the damn thing haha. I wonder if Goku and Vegeta said something about the similarities between Kyabe and Gohan.

As for the tourney, unless Monaca completely destroys the other team, I think Universe 7 is going to lose. Having only 4 fighters is a pretty big disadvantage, especially in a survival format.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:59 am

King Jacku wrote: Having only 4 fighters is a pretty big disadvantage, especially in a survival format.
Not really considering how Buu is so much weaker than any relevant fighter right now. Look at what <10% Beerus did to Buu and the whole Z fighters. He'd only serve as getting swatted away with a casual kiai.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:00 am

Birusu16 wrote:Buu being thrown out is just to give Goku an extra fight. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.
Everyone will be getting an extra fight.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:01 am

Well, looks like Poo is quite strong to keep up with Base God Goku.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:07 am

So if it really is like Baba's tournament then I'm going to guess.
Goku VS Botamo, Goku wins and then tags out to give the others a chance
Piccolo VS Frost, Frost wins
Vegeta VS Frost, Vegeta wins
Vegeta VS Kyabe, Vegeta wins
Vegeta VS Magetta, Vegeta loses (Goku then tells Vegeta he shouldn't have gotten Greedy and tagged out to rest up "Shut up Kakarot.")
Monaka VS Magetta, Monaka wins
Monaka VS Hit, Hit wins
Champa claims he won the tournament, Beerus says Goku still hasn't been defeated
Goku VS Hit, ??? wins
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 am

Noah wrote:Well, looks like Poo is quite strong to keep up with Base God Goku.
I wouldn't really call that keeping up. Botamo was being toyed with for the most part.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:12 am

So basically what happened in the latest chapter was Boo being booted out from the tournament via the test, and Goku just barely passing and starting to fight the yellow bear guy, right? Am I missing any other interesting tidbits, like, do we get to see much of what the other new characters are like, personality wise?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:12 am

No Boo. :( Kinda hoping it was a mistranslationg but judging by the panels it doesn't seem like it...

Well, Botamo seems interesting. And Goku looked like the time he arrived on Namek, where he moved too fast for people to follow.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:15 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So basically what happened in the latest chapter was Boo being booted out from the tournament via the test, and Goku just barely passing and starting to fight the yellow bear guy, right? Am I missing any other interesting tidbits, like, do we get to see much of what the other new characters are like, personality wise?
Yeah, Cabe seems like a nice Saiyan, he went to talk to Goku and Vegeta.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 am

I think all universe 7 fighters will win a fight at least and hopefully piccolo has a power up and i would not be surprised if goku loses this fight to botomo and at the end its looks like botomo is about to do something.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 am

Doctor. wrote:Yeah, Cabe seems like a nice Saiyan, he went to talk to Goku and Vegeta.
Interesting...given that they're the only members of the same race but from different universes via the two teams, that could lead to some interesting interactions. Do we get anything else with the Freeza guy?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:19 am

So can someone explain to me what was the point of buu being on the poster if not even going to participate in the tournament?

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:19 am

Did you guys noticed the audience members for Universe 6, some of them have symbols in their clothes. Could they be their Kaios?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:23 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Yeah, Cabe seems like a nice Saiyan, he went to talk to Goku and Vegeta.
Interesting...given that they're the only members of the same race but from different universes via the two teams, that could lead to some interesting interactions. Do we get anything else with the Freeza guy?
Nope, he just sat down while Goku and Vegeta talked about him.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:25 am

pacz360 wrote:So can someone explain to me what was the point of buu being on the poster if not even going to participate in the tournament?
To not spoil that it's going to be a lop sided tournament right away probably.