Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTubers ?

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:24 am

So, has this become a "let's give feedback to everyone and hope that they read it" thread?

...because that actually sounds like a cool idea.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:06 am

The only advice I can give is to be as consistent as possible. Take a few days off here and there, but don't be inactive for too long....like some people. *cough* Blackenfist - Qaaman *cough* Just a joke lol.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:06 pm

Draconic wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
THANK YOU very much for taking the time out to give me your two cents. I try to get the news as fast as possible, but like these guys will tell you, its hard. Specially with families, jobs etc. BUT I appreciate your insight. As far as a variety of videos, Jay and Zeon ARE two of my primary partners whom I work with a lot because I want them to get more subs and grow, but I will be doing a video coming up with a BRAND NEW person about Bulma and Yamcha PLUS a QNA with LANCE next month! But yes I agree with you and thanks a lot.
No worries man! Just make sure to keep up the great work :thumbup:
I havent even touched my potential yet. I'm waiting for a bigger audience to unleash the really big videos.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Draconic wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
THANK YOU very much for taking the time out to give me your two cents. I try to get the news as fast as possible, but like these guys will tell you, its hard. Specially with families, jobs etc. BUT I appreciate your insight. As far as a variety of videos, Jay and Zeon ARE two of my primary partners whom I work with a lot because I want them to get more subs and grow, but I will be doing a video coming up with a BRAND NEW person about Bulma and Yamcha PLUS a QNA with LANCE next month! But yes I agree with you and thanks a lot.
No worries man! Just make sure to keep up the great work :thumbup:
I havent even touched my potential yet. I'm waiting for a bigger audience to unleash the really big videos.
To be true, I kinda felt that was the case. :D Just don't sell out! Keep being the same informative, knowledgeable and a little bit of an asshole Geekdom you are now :P
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Draconic wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Draconic wrote: No worries man! Just make sure to keep up the great work :thumbup:
To be true, I kinda felt that was the case. :D Just don't sell out! Keep being the same informative, knowledgeable and a little bit of an asshole Geekdom you are now :P
Nah i wont sell out...

Some people thought me doing a video with Dino was selling out... until you get to know Dino.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Nah i wont sell out...
Damn, that didn't last very long.

@those advertisements for amino and all that at the start of your videos.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:08 am

Near as I can tell, the general identity of his videos haven't changed. I'm not a regular viewer by any means, but what you described sounds like brief advertisement. I never did understand the harsh aversion towards anything resembling profit, but content creators do have to pay their bills. I'd understand if he "sold off" his opinions. And maybe he did, I don't know. I'd be glad if you elaborated. A surface glance doesn't reveal any sort of artistic tampering. It's simply a nod towards another product before the main product is presented, just how it is in other forms of media. It's also possible to genuinely enjoy what you're endorsing, too! In any event, it's harmless and doesn't bleed into what I assume you initially liked him for.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:42 am

The only Dragonball YouTube channel I follow is TFS..
They are amazing..

don't really get the point of people who make theory videos or announcements when You can just straight up read from kanzenshuu itself.. :thumbup:
Then there is also herms Twitter when you need translation!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:Nah i wont sell out...
Damn, that didn't last very long.

@those advertisements for amino and all that at the start of your videos.
Taking Sponsorships is not selling out.

Promoting products you don't agree with - that's selling out. Changing your opinion on something - THAT is selling out.

I never sold out.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Taking Sponsorships is not selling out.
They're annoying as all hell and can take up a big portion of the first half of the video. Apparently i'm not the only one who sees it as such either based on some of the comments I've seen. You have interesting videos, but seeing that shit annoys me since I've seen other "not-so-big becoming big" Youtubers do it before.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Nejishiki wrote:Near as I can tell, the general identity of his videos haven't changed. I'm not a regular viewer by any means, but what you described sounds like brief advertisement. I never did understand the harsh aversion towards anything resembling profit, but content creators do have to pay their bills. I'd understand if he "sold off" his opinions. And maybe he did, I don't know. I'd be glad if you elaborated. A surface glance doesn't reveal any sort of artistic tampering. It's simply a nod towards another product before the main product is presented, just how it is in other forms of media. It's also possible to genuinely enjoy what you're endorsing, too! In any event, it's harmless and doesn't bleed into what I assume you initially liked him for.
Thank you for this. There is no artistic tampering. If you saw the email exchanges, you'd know.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Opinions on Dragon Ball YouTurbers ?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 pm

soppa saia people wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote: Hey man welcome to the forums. I always assumed you had a Kanzenshuu account, due to how much you mention Kanzenshuu on your videos. :D
I was always lurking, but never actually signed up.

By the way, Super Jayain thanks for the kind words.
Seeing those lower case "S's" makes me wanna puke.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:28 am

Blanken fist, Geekdom101, Rhymestyle and Totally Not Mark are my favorites.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:55 pm

DHM211 wrote:Blanken fist, Geekdom101, Rhymestyle and Totally Not Mark are my favorites.
I have never heard of Totally Not Mark!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
DHM211 wrote:Blanken fist, Geekdom101, Rhymestyle and Totally Not Mark are my favorites.
I have never heard of Totally Not Mark!
I hadn't until I woke up one day to my Twitter interactions packed with people saying "Totally Not Mark sent me here!"

He seems cool enough. Bit misinformed with aspects of the production process and has errors here and there, but otherwise I found his content enjoyable enough.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Geekdom101 is awesome.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:00 pm

I only really watch Geekdom, Wes, Ajay and Zeon with anything approaching regularity. I don't dislike the other guys, those 4 are just the ones I usually jump to when I need some concrete DB info. Well, besides Herms AKA the grand Puba of DB translations, of course.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Ooooh! Nice topic. Let's see here...

Around the late 2000's (circa 2007 or 2008), names such as gardenchild4life, Sarrbud, kurotenshi(?), SSJDraken, SSJGozar, 4900PR(?), MsDBZBabe, and WeeklyTubeShow were some channels that had lots of Dragon Ball content. I loved that they were uploading iconic and funny scenes from the show and the occasional fan-made works.

After a long hiatus from looking up anything Dragon Ball (except for the music), I discovered the new generation of DB Tubers and while there are so many, a few have made me a fan of their channels due to their unique approach to the franchise:

Geekdom101- I must admit that I admire this guy's passion for the show. He seems to always be there to report on every Dragon Ball news there is. I do get annoyed with his constant use of "prognosticator" but perhaps it's some kind of idiosyncrasy done for fun.

Blackenfist- His videos on GT were great! But I don't really see much else from him, apart from his Faulconer vid.

Qaaman'sLand- I've only seen a few of his vids but his explanation of the alternate timelines is, in my opinion, his magnum opus. I just wish he had used a different software to present it.

ExperGamez- My favorite Dragon Ball speculator. I like his voice. Haha.

MistareFusion- The Dragon Ball Dissection series are a masterpiece. At first, I wrote him off as some kind of a pretentious hipster for using "Blooma" and transliterations of some words but I got over it and I hope to see much more from him. In short, he's quite a valuable person to have in the online Dragon Ball community. :)

HailZeon- This guy is not afraid to point out the sheer stupidity of some things that come out of Toei (& Toriyama). He's a much needed voice of reason in a pool of fans that accept anything from the franchise as all good and smart.

coycoy88- I love his soundtrack rips of the Team Faulconer music. He's not that active anymore, though.

TeamFourStar- Never really liked their form of entertainment, never will. It still surprises me that they still make videos. :| (Okay, I admit the whole pecking order thing for Mr. Popo is funny. :P )
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Man when Kuririn Fan stopped liking Geekdom, he fucking erased everything he said about him, lol. I miss that guy sometimes (back when he used Kuririn avatars, he kinda changed for the worse afterwards).
Esfír Dedragón wrote:It still surprises me that they still make videos. :|
Why ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Man when Kuririn Fan stopped liking Geekdom, he fucking erased everything he said about him, lol. I miss that guy sometimes (back when he used Kuririn avatars, he kinda changed for the worse afterwards).
Esfír Dedragón wrote:It still surprises me that they still make videos. :|
Why ?
Because I find their humor to be a bit juvenile and over-appreciated compared to the original series.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6