Opinions on Forneverworld

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HourglassIndigo
Beyond Newbie

Opinions on Forneverworld

Post by HourglassIndigo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Among the Dragon Ball community there are plenty of users who somehow have hundreds of thousands of subscribers. The first that comes to mind in this category is Forneverworld. Every video he makes finds a way to make me cringe. here's why.

1.) Almost every video has misleading thumbnails. Like one of them was a news video on the release date of the champa arc in the anime. Sounds harmless, right? Well instead of using a picture relating to the topic, he uses a picture of SSJ3 Goku with Blue Hair.

2.) The titles of his videos. You can really tell which ones he made clickbaity on purpose (hint they all have question marks and exclamation points) Here are a few:
RANT!!! Anime Fans That F@p Love Donald Trump?!?!
Goku & Vegeta Have Twin Brothers? Super Saiyan Blue + Whis & Beerus Family! Dragon Ball Super
Dragon Ball Super: "Kabe" The First Full-Blooded Female Super Saiyan?!?!

3.) He's really misinformed on a lot of things. He thought the Asian dub was replacing funimation's dub. Oh and how could I forget the amazing title? WTF!!! Dragon Ball Super Might Have New English Voice Actors? English World Premiere Hitting Asia!
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tznS7W7Ip7Q

I wouldn't care about this guy if he didn't have as big of a voice in the community as he does (the YouTube community specifically). I hope this topic was relevant to the forum, I apologize if it wasn't.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Re: Opinions on Forneverworld

Post by Xeztin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 pm

I've actually been watching him for a few years (well since I started reading manga) for his reviews specifically. In all honestly he and rhymestyle are the only ones I watch unless Fornever does a collaborative show with Jaymes Hanson and the others which usually are funny as hell. I see what you're saying and maybe it holds some merit when it comes to bait-clicking but there is not a big youtuber yet that doesn't do it that reviews. In my opinion Forneverworld just try's to be creative with his thumbnails because sometimes he adds blood to some anime shots like Goku getting his arse kicked by Frieza. I don't look to much into stuff like that unless they are purposely lying but as far as speculation goes I take it with a grain of salt. If your a reviewer and you don't speculate or use speculation titles such as "Can Cabba Go Super Saiyan Blue?!" then your most likely not going to get "big" any time soon. That's the fun of manga in general is speculation, like Cabba has me curious as ever. This is all just my opinion so please take it as that :)

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:34 am

I don't understand any Youtube channel whose sole purpose is to rip information off of various websites and then regurgitate it back to their audience. It's especially baffling when they consistently fuck up and misread the information. It's not just this guy doing that. There are a lot of channels who take a Kanzenshuu article or an AnimeNewsNetwork article, paraphrase it and...that's it. Why wouldn't I just go read the article myself? They have essentially added nothing to the experience.As for the clickbait titles and thumbnails that's unfortunately par for the course when it comes to Youtube. If the video title read "Overweight Man Reads You Yet Another AnimeNewsNetwork Article" and had a thumbnail of his face a lot less people would be inclined to click on it.
HourglassIndigo wrote: I wouldn't care about this guy if he didn't have as big of a voice in the community as he does
I hold this sentiment in relation to every single one of my hobbies. There are always a few goof balls who gain an unfathomable amount of boot lickers. I think it has something to do with the lowest common denominator.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:03 am

Isn't he the one who started the Red looks stronger than Blue thing and claims that SSjG is stronger than SSjGSSj ? He also tends to spout some b*llsh*ts and false spread information and most of his subscribers actually believe what he said.I even heard somewhere in another site that he talks cr*p about Toriyama and blames him for Super's bad animation.

HourglassIndigo
Beyond Newbie

Post by HourglassIndigo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:05 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Isn't he the one who started the Red looks stronger than Blue thing and claims that SSjG is stronger than SSjGSSj ? He also tends to spout some b*llsh*ts and false spread information and most of his subscribers actually believe what he said.I even heard somewhere in another site that he talks cr*p about Toriyama and blames him for Super's bad animation.
UGH I hate people who blame any issues with animation on Toriyama. It does get a good laugh out of me though.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:18 pm

He's pretty much like a a lot of other Youtubers who cover anime and manga: he does some "reviews" for series which are popular and regurgitates news, and at times, can put an incorrect and misleading spin on it. Something that I can't fucking stand.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:17 pm

I think most people here know what I think about this guy...

Yeah, I don't like him, and I told Hujio why last week
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Akumaito Beam wrote:I don't understand any Youtube channel whose sole purpose is to rip information off of various websites and then regurgitate it back to their audience. It's especially baffling when they consistently fuck up and misread the information. It's not just this guy doing that. There are a lot of channels who take a Kanzenshuu article or an AnimeNewsNetwork article, paraphrase it and...that's it. Why wouldn't I just go read the article myself? They have essentially added nothing to the experience.As for the clickbait titles and thumbnails that's unfortunately par for the course when it comes to Youtube. If the video title read "Overweight Man Reads You Yet Another AnimeNewsNetwork Article" and had a thumbnail of his face a lot less people would be inclined to click on it.
HourglassIndigo wrote: I wouldn't care about this guy if he didn't have as big of a voice in the community as he does
I hold this sentiment in relation to every single one of my hobbies. There are always a few goof balls who gain an unfathomable amount of boot lickers. I think it has something to do with the lowest common denominator.
THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!

Rhymestyle

Post by Rhymestyle » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:28 pm

I can't speak on him, I don't have an opinion, but I do wanna hop in and mention why youtubers "regurgitate" news. A lot of our YouTube channels are no different than the communities you have at work/school/etc of people who like the same stuff. It's like when you watch an episode of DBZ when you were younger and then called up your friends like "OMG DID YOU SEE THAT?!? Etcetcetc".

When it comes to news, it's the same. Not everyone will browse a website or consume content that way, some prefer videos like on YouTube. In the end, it's a win win to both sides. The websites get traffic while people get informed regardless of where they get their content/news. Now I will admit, some youtubers tend to skew the news/info for the sake of posting a video (usually because they wanna be first) and a lot of us HATE that because we get labeled along with them. I promise a lot of youtubers in our community are cool, but don't group them with the asshats. Think of those youtubers like a bad screenshot from a DBS episode. They tend to stand out the most at times, but there's other good "screenshots" out there as well.

The other thing about YouTube is we build community where we will provide a fun and safe environment for people to feel out. Yeah sometimes people will flame each other, but ultimately it does bring people joy to discuss and participate in video discussions.

I hope that sort of sheds some light from our end ^_^

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:40 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Isn't he the one who started the Red looks stronger than Blue thing and claims that SSjG is stronger than SSjGSSj ? He also tends to spout some b*llsh*ts and false spread information and most of his subscribers actually believe what he said.I even heard somewhere in another site that he talks cr*p about Toriyama and blames him for Super's bad animation.
Yes he is. I made a video too and it got Dino's attention ironically enough.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Akumaito Beam wrote:I don't understand any Youtube channel whose sole purpose is to rip information off of various websites and then regurgitate it back to their audience. It's especially baffling when they consistently fuck up and misread the information. It's not just this guy doing that. There are a lot of channels who take a Kanzenshuu article or an AnimeNewsNetwork article, paraphrase it and...that's it. Why wouldn't I just go read the article myself? They have essentially added nothing to the experience.As for the clickbait titles and thumbnails that's unfortunately par for the course when it comes to Youtube. If the video title read "Overweight Man Reads You Yet Another AnimeNewsNetwork Article" and had a thumbnail of his face a lot less people would be inclined to click on it.
Er... there are plenty of jobs that are 99% presenting stuff and debating them.

A news anchor will quote and present the work done by others to his audience. Someone in a debate will debate and offer his insight regarding certain topics and news, and most often it won't be his own actual research.

That's what people like Foreverworld also do but on an amateur level. They present and comment on stuff. And people who enjoy their presentation and arguments regarding what they present and debate follow their videos.

So, sure, maybe he doesn't do a very good job at presenting stuff and debating them and that's why some people don't like him. But it's fairly easy to understand the activity of people like him. I don't see why you don't understand it.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:15 pm

He is okay. I like his other topics, but his DB videos are alright. Geekdom 101 and Blackenfist are my main DB youtubers to me. For non DB anime, I like The Anime Man, The Blackcritic Guy, Bennett the Sage and BobSamurai.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheQuazz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheQuazz » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:50 am

Geekdom101 looks like a god compared to this guy. And I don't even like Geekdom.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:01 pm

TheQuazz wrote:Geekdom101 looks like a god compared to this guy. And I don't even like Geekdom.
Umm... thanks? lol

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Atleast Fornever is better than Double4Anime who does all that to insane levels