"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

raulvalente
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by raulvalente » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:25 am

Ssgvegito30 wrote:I wonder when does the new titles of db super come out episodes 30 onwards, I'm guessing sometime within this week. I hope we get to see bulma's sister tights soon I hope they don't introduce her for just 1 time thing, it'll be cool to see her interact with the z gang in future arcs......
The titles and animation supervisors for 3 new episodes always surface online between the 7th and the 9th of every month, since it's when V-Jump Magazine is released :wink:

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:56 am

Saying that Saint Seiya is on DB's level is a mistake, but during Omega's run, Saint Seiya's revenue was among Toei's top 4 for Japan. Even outside of that period though, Saint Seiya is usually Toei's third biggest international anime license, only behind Dragonball and One Piece.

Either way, we're talking about tv licensing here, and basically all of Toei original productions are broken up in clear seasons. In spite of Toriyama's participation, it's being written with the tv show in mind, so it easily might be set up from the start with the season division model in mind. I'll be surprised if there isn't some intent to end the tournament (or Champa, depending on how things progress) arc by episode 50 or 51.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:15 pm

raulvalente wrote:
Ssgvegito30 wrote:I wonder when does the new titles of db super come out episodes 30 onwards, I'm guessing sometime within this week. I hope we get to see bulma's sister tights soon I hope they don't introduce her for just 1 time thing, it'll be cool to see her interact with the z gang in future arcs......
The titles and animation supervisors for 3 new episodes always surface online between the 7th and the 9th of every month, since it's when V-Jump Magazine is released :wink:
You're mixing something up there. V-Jump is released on the 21st every month (barring holidays).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:05 pm

-Cabba's Bio-
"Universe 6 has a Saiyan of its own!! That’s Cabba!! His battle fatigues seem to have quite a different design than those worn by Vegeta and the other Saiyans of Universe 7, but just how powerful is he…!?"
So, Cabba is confirmed to be male?! I thought they didn't use pronouns in his description to make it ambiguous.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:38 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:-Cabba's Bio-
"Universe 6 has a Saiyan of its own!! That’s Cabba!! His battle fatigues seem to have quite a different design than those worn by Vegeta and the other Saiyans of Universe 7, but just how powerful is he…!?"
So, Cabba is confirmed to be male?! I thought they didn't use pronouns in his description to make it ambiguous.
Wasn't it said that they didn't use gendered pronouns in his bio? I suppose "it" could have been used in the English translation, but that's a bit awkward and masculine pronouns tend to be the default in instances like this.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:13 pm

I think we have to wait till we find out if a male or a female voices kabe's character to tell his gender....
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:32 pm

We're Really arguing whether this guy's a girl :yawn: come on I fail see to see anything that Hints that he's a girl whatsoever gonna need other reasons than his eyes.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:56 pm

I think it all goes back to that earlier Super manga chapter where Vegeta was talking about female saiyans and what they're like; it had everyone thinking and hoping we'd get to see a female saiyan on Team Champa.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:12 pm

This fanbase is just as bad as dragonball era Goku at telling if someones a guy or a girl XD
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Cabba refers to himself as 'boku' in japanese, so he's likely male, but rarely there are girls in anime who also use boku, so who knows :eh:
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Right now I think Cabba's a guy:
-even though they had Vegeta talking about what female saiyans are like, Cabba's personality so far is nothing like the what Vegeta described (which was a personality like Bulma and Chi-Chi)
-but the Uni 6 saiyans are different than the Uni 7 saiyans so that statement might mean nothing in regards to Cabba
-but the design isn't at all Toriyama's M.O. for female characters
-but the facial features
-but the facial features are a type that's been used with both sexes (because that's the same face as 17 and 18 only with dark irises, also the same face as male elite saiyan from DBHeroes)
-but Gine also has that face
-but Cabba doesn't have the eyelashes Gine has
-but the armor on the chest looks like the top could be functioning as a bra
-but it hangs loosely off of Cabba's chest so it's not "supporting" anything
-but Cabba's skinny
-but all of Toriyama's non-monster "human" type character designs are skinny nowadays no matter what the character's sex.

Right now I'm really convinced Cabba's a male. I know people were hoping for a female saiyan (I was also hoping for a female saiyan) but I don't think it's Cabba.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:33 am

Chuquita wrote:Right now I think Cabba's a guy:
-even though they had Vegeta talking about what female saiyans are like, Cabba's personality so far is nothing like the what Vegeta described (which was a personality like Bulma and Chi-Chi)
-but the Uni 6 saiyans are different than the Uni 7 saiyans so that statement might mean nothing in regards to Cabba
-but the design isn't at all Toriyama's M.O. for female characters
-but the facial features
-but the facial features are a type that's been used with both sexes (because that's the same face as 17 and 18 only with dark irises, also the same face as male elite saiyan from DBHeroes)
-but Gine also has that face
-but Cabba doesn't have the eyelashes Gine has
-but the armor on the chest looks like the top could be functioning as a bra
-but it hangs loosely off of Cabba's chest so it's not "supporting" anything
-but Cabba's skinny
-but all of Toriyama's non-monster "human" type character designs are skinny nowadays no matter what the character's sex.

Right now I'm really convinced Cabba's a male. I know people were hoping for a female saiyan (I was also hoping for a female saiyan) but I don't think it's Cabba.
Its a guy, the females have these very distinct eyelashes.. Kabe's design matches what toriyama has been going for in strong characters..

Goku SSG was skinny but strong
Monaka was small and wierd looking but strong
Beerus and Champa are purple funny cats that fight over cake and icecream sundaes but are strong.

Same with Kabe, he keeps the designs simple, hes a skinny kid but is arguably the strongest saiyan from U6.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:02 am

Does anybody have the scans for Episodes 30 and beyond?

Seems interesting that Episode 29: "It's Settled: We're Holding a Martial Arts Match! The Team Captain's Even Stronger Than Goku" will air on the 20th Anniversary of the final Dragon Ball Z Episode, numbered 291.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:13 am

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:Does anybody have the scans for Episodes 30 and beyond?

Seems interesting that Episode 29: "It's Settled: We're Holding a Martial Arts Match! The Team Captain's Even Stronger Than Goku" will air on the 20th Anniversary of the final Dragon Ball Z Episode, numbered 291.
Oh God, that means eps 30+ will have GT release dates. I hope that won't be a jinx or something.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:19 am

This sounds morbidly interesting. Super's first new arc and it has to run alongside GT's first arc date-wise.

GT aired on Wednesdays though, so it's not a complete lineup.

However they will share the start day of February 7th, weirdly enough. (February 7th was a Wednesday in 96 and will be a Sunday in 16).
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:31 am

Chuquita wrote:This sounds morbidly interesting. Super's first new arc and it has to run alongside GT's first arc date-wise.

GT aired on Wednesdays though, so it's not a complete lineup.

However they will share the start day of February 7th, weirdly enough. (February 7th was a Wednesday in 96 and will be a Sunday in 16).
Yeah, ignoring the Wednesday - Sunday difference, dates will be the same, celebrating 20 years of GT episodes every week :D
Z ep 269 aired on july 5th, everything is same from there.

mawilex
Beyond Newbie

Post by mawilex » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:20 am

Ssgvegito30 wrote:I think we have to wait till we find out if a male or a female voices kabe's character to tell his gender....
Not necessarily, we just wait to see if they are going to refer to him / her as "he" or "she" in the manga. I still didn't read the chapters, so I thought that this point has already been made clear, but seeing how you guys are still arguing about this, it appears that it's not.

The eyes' outline doesn't mean anything unfortunately, it's a style among so many others that Akira Toriyama adopts when drawing humanoid characters, like for exemple Katayude from Jaco (the manga), he has the same eyes' design as Kyabe, and even though he has eyelashes, he still is a male character.

I think the reason behind him (Kyabe) having this eyes' shape is to make him look young, serious and... just different, that's it. The only thing that may lead to the belief that he is female is the dress, it's like he's wearing a robe or something, so that makes him look more feminine.

It would have been nice to see a female Saiyan in action, or just a female character in general, seeing how they are all cast away in Super (like Videl and Android 18), but hey, we still have Vados, who I assume, is the strongest character of Dragon Ball so far, so it's good enough I guess. :thumbup:

I still could be wrong though, we still don't have a definitive answer.
Chuquita wrote:This sounds morbidly interesting. Super's first new arc and it has to run alongside GT's first arc date-wise.
And maybe the last episode of Super is going to coincide with the same date as GT's as well. :lol:

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:58 pm

I hope I didn't miss anything, but have the VA's for the new characters been announced? It seems usual for this information to be presented long before the actual character makes an appearance in the story in other anime.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Anybody care to translate?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Michsi wrote:I hope I didn't miss anything, but have the VA's for the new characters been announced? It seems usual for this information to be presented long before the actual character makes an appearance in the story in other anime.
Not yet. It'll probably be announced within the next two weeks or so, if not the day before the episode with them all airs.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf