FUNI Super dub - What are your wishes?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Corey LSSJ Gamer

Re: FUNI Super dub - What are your wishes?

Post by Corey LSSJ Gamer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:17 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
precita wrote:So in the latest episode they have a flashback with Kid Goku. But Stephanie no longer works for FUNI as Gohan was recasted for Kai. So what will kid Goku sound like?
I really hope they bring Stephanie Nadolny back but I highly doubt it.

Anyway, my wishes for the Super dub is for it come out :D
Yes I need her voice in it. Whhy dont they just use the original audio I would hate a recast for Kid GOku

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:47 pm

^KId Goku's current English voice as of Curse of the Blood Rubies is Colleen Clinkenberd. Stephanie Nadolny, as said, no longer works anywhere near the area.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:29 pm

Could Johnny Yong Bosch voice a DB character for Super?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:00 pm

^He's usually in LA dubs, I suppose anything's possible, considering he has occasionally done roles for Funimation before.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:55 am

Here's a weird one: have Jim Cummings do a guest spot as Botamo. He wouldn't even have to do his Pooh voice - I just think it'd be cool. Probably won't happen, though.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Sean Schemmel is here in England at a convention in Bristol. He has given a Q&A, and said that Super should be licensed by the end of 2016.

I don't know how he knows this, or if it's just him taking a guess. I wasn't at the event, but people who were tweeted it.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:28 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:Here's a weird one: have Jim Cummings do a guest spot as Botamo. He wouldn't even have to do his Pooh voice - I just think it'd be cool. Probably won't happen, though.
YES. YES. MAKE IT HAPPEN. :clap:

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:49 am

I wonder who will do Champa. Mitsuo Iwata has knocked it out of the park. Best dub in all of Dragon Ball (any dub) imo. Mosaka Nozawa does a really good job too, but the high pitched Goku is just not to my taste.

Just remembered, Champa reminds of Newman from Seinfeld :lol:

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:01 am

I just hope Jason Douglas stays on as Lord Beerus. He is awesome in the roll.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:42 am

I wonder if Chris Ayres will voice Frost or someone else will voice him? If Chris Ayres can't do it then there is always Andrew Chandler.
She/Her

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:00 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I wonder if Chris Ayres will voice Frost or someone else will voice him? If Chris Ayres can't do it then there is always Andrew Chandler.
I'd like Chuck Huber as Frost

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:04 am

DragonHermit wrote:I wonder who will do Champa. Mitsuo Iwata has knocked it out of the park. Best dub in all of Dragon Ball (any dub) imo. Mosaka Nozawa does a really good job too, but the high pitched Goku is just not to my taste.

Just remembered, Champa reminds of Newman from Seinfeld :lol:
The Japanese version is not a dub. Say interpretation, which is more accurate to what you are saying, one character does not a dub make.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:12 am

if i get the chance i would like to voice hit myself.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:47 am

For Goku Black in the Funi Super dub, should Sean Schemmel or someone else voice him going by what we seen so far. I can see Sean Schemmel's deeper voice that he uses for SSj3 and SSj4 Goku working for his design.
She/Her

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:For Goku Black in the Funi Super dub, should Sean Schemmel or someone else voice him going by what we seen so far. I can see Sean Schemmel's deeper voice that he uses for SSj3 and SSj4 Goku working for his design.
I'm cool with it, it would be nice considering the missed opportunity with Tullece.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:For Goku Black in the Funi Super dub, should Sean Schemmel or someone else voice him going by what we seen so far. I can see Sean Schemmel's deeper voice that he uses for SSj3 and SSj4 Goku working for his design.
I don't know about that. Sean Schemmel's Ssj Blue Goku voice was already a bit deep in Resurrection F and possibly deeper with a Kaioken x10 added on (Have mercy on his throat soul). It would be a nice clash for high pitched Base Goku talking to Goku Black but the battle itself would be two deep voices. I would still be up for it though

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:07 am

My one and only hope is that Trunks doesn't have that horrible rasp he had in Kai. His voice was one of the few good ones in DBZ. I don't understand how they went backward on that one. :/
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

SuperSaiyanBatman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanBatman » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:03 am

I don't check out the dub much anymore, though during Kai's nicktoons airing I kept up with it almost as regularly as the original run just to see the changes, so I might end up doing it with Super's eventual Funimation Dub. As for what I want out of it, well, so far I just want my favorite characters, Vados and Champa to have good English voices. Besides that, well, despite the problem's with Schemmel's Kaio, If they have a little fun or at least just, well, unless Sean's having a bad time, it won't be heartbreaking to get through like Joji's at the beginning of Super. :cry:

The choice of narrator is a very valid question, I'd love Doc Morgan back even though I don't have anything against Herbert. It might all depend on who they chose for the Boo Kai dub, though, whenever we get to know who that is maybe?

Again I still haven't seen the movies, I know, bad me, so I didn't mind going through the first two arcs of Super, but I guess wherever it ends up on TV, if it works out in their schedule and ends up being good for everyone involved, they could probably just do double premieres for a while until the Universe 6 stuff, though you probably don't wanna eat up too much content too quickly either, as it's still ongoing, but maybe that won't be a problem when we get to it.

Side note, this part belongs in that other thread, but I feel sorry if DBS ends up on a kids channel as well (which would be good in general) because of that one episode with Mr.Satan. So much stuff to paint over. :lol:

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:58 pm

I wanna voice Champa!!
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

SuperSaiyanBatman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyanBatman » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:I wanna voice Champa!!
That's a really funny coincidence, since I've been watching your videos the past couple of days after I found the big one Mike was on. :lol:
But I'll support it.

I guess to add on: I hope none of the Universe 6 Fighters (the goofier ones) have any sort of grating voices to get through in the dub, since I think I do wanna keep up with it here and there, it'd suck if I found it dreadful to get to because of that.