"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:11 pm

About Piccolo not standing a chance..

I don't understand this logic at all.

Let's say he hypothetically DOES turn regular Super Saiyan.. He is STILL on God-Level.. Remember the Battle of Gods Arc?? SSJ Goku was confirmed to have retained ALL of his SSJ God Power. Goku: "I don't feel like i've gotten any weaker at all!" And Beerus: "You've FULLY merged with the power of a god" Whilst in the BoG movie it was implied that he decreased somewhat. (Though ofcoure super insignificantly)

So even if Goku turns into his regular golden SSJ form it would NOT affect his physical fighting power in anyway! He would always be on god level. (Concidering Base Goku is already on par, or likely above SSJ God at this point) Hell he's definitely above his ssjg form against Beerus since he and Vegeta trained for 3 years in the RoSaT.

In either case Piccolo wouldn't stand a chance at all. Either with Regular SSJ or with SSJ Blue. It doesn't make any difference. They're both on God Level. Only difference is one has God Ki and the other Regular Ki.
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Toriyama should make the joke that someone can't see their movements because they aren't actually moving.

Another thing that caught my eye was Cabba's reaction to Frost transforming. We know their team order doesn't necessarily guarantee that they go from the weakest to the strongest but if Cabba is stronger than Frost why is he surprised by him transforming? Didn't he know he could or didn't he expect Frost to transform just yet?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Waiting a month to find out what's actually happening is going to be super difficult... Will we get any official comments from the creators between now and then?

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Chuquita wrote:Re: Shading and inking

Not that it means the non-shaded hair is a mistake or anything, but there's also a panel in this chapter where Frost is drawn/inked with Freeza lips.
Considering how unimaginative Frosty's design is, are you surprised Toyotaro eventually got confused "wait, who am I drawing again?" lol

In any case, while it may be red-herring, given the new poster + manga hints it's becoming clear that Hit is the 'main' opponent in some aspect. Maybe not full-on villain, but I expect some kind of a plot twist/shake-up when his time comes.
Last edited by Basaku on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:19 pm

Reading this whole Super manga has really shown that eventhough Toyotaro can still draw really closely to how Toriyama draws, he still couldn't make it feel like reading the old manga.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:19 pm

Piccolo is so screwed it's not even funny.

Even if he achieved Ultimate Gohan tier in those months he would still be nothing to base Goku.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:26 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Right, then if it's a mistranslation, that makes more sense.
This means that there is hope for fans of the previous forms, who might see Super Saiyan 2 and 3 again if Goku wants to power up gradually like he does right now against Frost (although Toriyama said he didn't envision Goku using those again), even though Super Saiyan Blue should definately prevail against any previous form as the new iconic symbol of the franchise.
But that doesn't make ANY SENSE!

I mean Base (Saiyan Beyond God) Goku is already pretty strong but yet he can transform into a regular SSJ and SSGSS? How this is even supposed to work?

Could it be...?
Or is still a 50x increase in Base? But that would mean a massive multiplier for SSGSS! Damn it! It's so confusing :x
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SSJGBGoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGBGoku » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Well , if Goku really goes yellow SSJ , him in regular SSJ with RoF outfit will result in more toys as someone pointed out.

He may also don't wanna go all out just yet cause it's start. Just guessing.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:28 pm

I still think it's Blue. Oh well, perhaps the preview of episode 33 will give us answers.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:30 pm

Maybe Base God is also something he can turn on and off at will. Someone in 2ch suggested Gold could be with ki leaking out and Blue with ki stored within.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:31 pm

SSJGBGoku wrote:Well , if Goku really goes yellow SSJ , him in regular SSJ with RoF outfit will result in more toys as someone pointed out.

He may also don't wanna go all out just yet cause it's start. Just guessing.
If he does go back to yellow SSJ wouldnt this simultaneously increase the rate which Blue sells at as it may be considered limited edition.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:32 pm

I'm confused with all tis transformations thing, gokus hair looks like ssb in shape but not in color amd since the thing is in black and white I cant say if thats 4th form or silver frost or something like that

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:33 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Maybe Base God is also something he can turn on and off at will. Someone in 2ch suggested Gold could be with ki leaking out and Blue with ki stored within.
That sounds way more complicated than just a fully mastered form of SSB which reverts back to "normal" when fully mastered.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:40 pm

Going by the Korean version, it seems that Vados does say "Of course, he's our strongest battle fighter of Universe 6".

I still get the feeling however that Champa and Vados don't really know much about their own fighters. Everyone also still assumes Hit will be the strongest.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:54 pm

At this point should we just accept multiple transformations and forms as a general feature of Freeza's race?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:58 pm

Zephyr wrote:At this point should we just accept multiple transformations and forms as a general feature of Freeza's race?
Maybe Frost is also a mutant like Freeza and Cold, but is not evil like them.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Zephyr wrote:At this point should we just accept multiple transformations and forms as a general feature of Freeza's race?
Many species of aliens can be transformed, then yes
Although, Freeza and his father have been defined as an exception: two portents of a mutant race

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:00 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:Goku will NOT turn regular Super Saiyan! I've said it before and i'll say it again. His SSJ Form has been Replaced by SSJ Blue! Meaning that whenever he tries to turn SSJ he automatically becomes Blue. it makes NO sense for them to introduce a new form in one Arc and completely blow that away in the next Arc! JESUS! I guess you people just WANT him to turn gold. But i'm here to tell you that will NOT happen! Toyotaro probably doesn't feel like inking his hair every time Goku or Vegeta turns SSJ. And like i said before the Manga's new Cover shows both SSJB Goku and Vegeta. Also Vados remarks that Goku isn't turning "normal SSJ" like regular or something along those lines.

It's pretty clear to me that the golden version is pretty much out of existence.
You're wrong, he went normal SSJ in this chapter. He went normal SSJ because Frost was holding back his final form. Now that Frost turned into his final form you can bet that Goku will go SSJB in the next chapter. There's no debate that he was in his normal SSJ form this chapter, the evidence is clear:
Last edited by SaiyaSith on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Frost is Freezas Uni 6 twin, right? I don't think we should accept that from this example. I find it quite strange that Frost decided to make different forms to restrict his power like Freeza, though.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Anyone else notice how Goku took notice of Hit, like he was the one Goku is concerned about?