"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:23 pm

DNA wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:For future missions, could Heroes do cards based on other video game storylines like Shin Budokai 2's storyline?
Why would anyone want to revist that mess?
I guess if they want to add new cards like new cards of Super Buu's forms. He did absorb Dabra, Broli and Coola, but he didn't get a new transformation form design like he did in Budokai 2 with Cell and Freeza.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
DNA wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:For future missions, could Heroes do cards based on other video game storylines like Shin Budokai 2's storyline?
Why would anyone want to revist that mess?
I guess if they want to add new cards like new cards of Super Buu's forms. He did absorb Dabra, Broli and Coola, but he didn't get a new transformation form design like he did in Budokai 2 with Cell and Freeza.
Yeah exactly. Other than those ideas, there's not much more you can take from that game. The story was ridiculous.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:25 am

GDM7 teaser commercial popped up on Youtube. Lots of crazy stuff in there, but it also looks kinda shitty in terms of production quality.

You got SSGSS Goku vs. Frost for the Champa Arc, and for the Makai Genesis Arc you have Beat, Zen and the Time Kaioshin going back to deal with Demigra, Putine and ??? as they face Chronoa. Also, SSG Beat for good measure.

As for the game content, we got two new CAAs. One has you make a G with the card and it looks like it allows you to transform when you fire a super attack (no idea), the other does something to summon Shenlong...

Curious who the SECs will be this set. One of them will almost certainly be the humanoid version of Demigra we know from Xenoverse (they'll likely save the beast form for later).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:42 am

Blue Goku vs First Form Frost is actually hilarious considering the contents of the recent manga chapter.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:47 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:GDM7 teaser commercial popped up on Youtube. Lots of crazy stuff in there, but it also looks kinda shitty in terms of production quality.

You got SSGSS Goku vs. Frost for the Champa Arc, and for the Makai Genesis Arc you have Beat, Zen and the Time Kaioshin going back to deal with Demigra, Putine and ??? as they face Chronoa. Also, SSG Beat for good measure.

As for the game content, we got two new CAAs. One has you make a G with the card and it looks like it allows you to transform when you fire a super attack (no idea), the other does something to summon Shenlong...

Curious who the SECs will be this set. One of them will almost certainly be the humanoid version of Demigra we know from Xenoverse (they'll likely save the beast form for later).
I don't really want to, but I'm bumping this to the next page. I don't know about anyone else, but the forum will often skip to the next page if I click the unread posts icon and there's only one (the last on the page) before a new one starts.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:50 am

The other SEC can be Super Saiyan 3 Xeno Gotenks. Or even Vados, I haven't seen her card yet.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:08 pm

The G is for the new CAA God Kamehame Ha. And "Goku goes finally into Shenlong Mode"... whatever that is...

The second SEC could be one of Frost's forms.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:24 pm

alakazam^ wrote:The G is for the new CAA God Kamehame Ha. And "Goku goes finally into Shenlong Mode"... whatever that is...

The second SEC could be one of Frost's forms.
Maybe Goku grows Shenlong antlers, lol.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:50 pm

It would be neat if this was a spoiler for Super. They specifically have this "Shenlong Mode" for Blue Goku (which is in his Whis gi).

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:01 pm

My guess is that it's a pun.

There's no logical reason for Goku to have any power-up related to Shenlong. BUT, he does have an attack called DRAGON Fist. Since this is specific to that SSGSS Goku card, it'd be a "godly" Dragon Fist. God. Dragon. 神龍

Only sense I can make of something called "Shenlong Mode" that's not from a fanfic, at least lol
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:15 pm

Shenlong mode Goku might finally be the debut of 100 years later Goku we see at the end of GT ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:32 pm

"Shenlong Mode"? Look like SSJB Goku is gonna whip out his giant dragon while everyone stares in awe at the spectacle.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:43 pm

alakazam^ wrote:It would be neat if this was a spoiler for Super. They specifically have this "Shenlong Mode" for Blue Goku (which is in his Whis gi).
We did have something similar with "Beyond God" in Heroes promotional stuff before Blue was revealed didn't we?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:13 pm

I don't know what those first two kanjis mean (the rest is God Kamehameha), but it looks like Goku will get a new variation of the Kamehameha with this new "mode".

Now I'm anxious about it, what could all of this be?
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Grimlock wrote:I don't know what those first two kanjis mean (the rest is God Kamehameha), but it looks like Goku will get a new variation of the Kamehameha with this new "mode".

Now I'm anxious about it, what could all of this be?
It's Dragon Kamehameha.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:12 pm

What intrigued me was them saying he finally went into Shenlong Mode. I mean, even if it's promotional fluff, we never had any hint of this thing existing so there was no expectations for it at all.

I'd like for it to be something story-related but it may be some kind of Heroes power-up.

generalred3
Not-So-Newbie

Post by generalred3 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Maybe i misread the previous posts but theres a picture of Goku in Shenlong mode (whatever that is lol). I'm not sure the trailer mentioned Shenlong mode (I am at work so I am not able to listen to the trailer with sound yet) or there is a picture floating around. If there is a picture I am not able to find it. Can someone shed a little light on this? Thanks!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:11 pm

generalred3 wrote:If there is a picture I am not able to find it. Can someone shed a little light on this? Thanks!
Just read all the posts on this page(including spoiler tags) and you'll have all the info we have right now.
I too am very intrigued by this Shenlong mode, hopefully Toriyama finally came up with a new technique for Goku.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:11 pm

generalred3 wrote:Maybe i misread the previous posts but theres a picture of Goku in Shenlong mode (whatever that is lol). I'm not sure the trailer mentioned Shenlong mode (I am at work so I am not able to listen to the trailer with sound yet) or there is a picture floating around. If there is a picture I am not able to find it. Can someone shed a little light on this? Thanks!
It's mentioned in the trailer by voice, writing and on the card as an ability (though the ability is only named Shenlong). We only see Shenlong floating around Goku, though.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 am

There's nothing really new to talk about, but here's the clean, official upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6QUBeHk7M8

New Avatar designs: