"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:35 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:No, he literally is a terrible animator.
I wouldn't say he's terrible per se, he's more... mediocre.

yugidmx5
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yugidmx5 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:44 pm

Does anyone know was there some fix-up in animation on the episodes in Blu-Ray BOX 2 like it was the case with episode 5 in BOX 1?

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:No, he literally is a terrible animator.
I wouldn't say he's terrible per se, he's more... mediocre.
I was joking you guys, i know the whole situation.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:34 pm

TripleRach wrote:I don't believe anyone has posted this already, but the official Super Twitter just retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/cnr_official/status ... 8550024192

Czecho no Republic's next single, "Forever Dreaming," is going to be the fourth ending theme for Super starting in April. They previously did "Oh yeah!!!!!!!" for Boo Kai.
The one we have now is my favourite Super ending so far.
Sad to see it go, but that's inevitable.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:41 pm

yugidmx5 wrote:Does anyone know was there some fix-up in animation on the episodes in Blu-Ray BOX 2 like it was the case with episode 5 in BOX 1?
There doesn't seem to be any news about it, so maybe not.

But I got my set yesterday, so I can look for changes if you guys can give me some examples of scenes to look for. I don't really remember what episodes had problems in the TV airings. Either way I'll probably get some photos and screenshots over the weekend.
-Rachel

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:43 pm

I think Box 3 is the one that would have significant issues. I dont remember many episodes that look too bad that would be in Box 2, except maybe the last 2 or 3.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:03 pm

TripleRach wrote:But I got my set yesterday, so I can look for changes if you guys can give me some examples of scenes to look for. I don't really remember what episodes had problems in the TV airings. Either way I'll probably get some photos and screenshots over the weekend.
If there are any, I imagine they'll be in episode 24. That was an absolute joke from start to finish. Potentially some in 23, but that's probably unlikely.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

yugidmx5
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yugidmx5 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:12 pm

TripleRach wrote: There doesn't seem to be any news about it, so maybe not.

But I got my set yesterday, so I can look for changes if you guys can give me some examples of scenes to look for. I don't really remember what episodes had problems in the TV airings. Either way I'll probably get some photos and screenshots over the weekend.
Could you tell me were there any fixes in this scene from episode 24? I think it's around 12-12:30 mark:

https://a.pomf.cat/vsognz.webm

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:35 pm

yugidmx5 wrote:

Could you tell me were there any fixes in this scene from episode 24? I think it's around 12-12:30 mark:

Jesus christ I didn't remember it looking that bad.

Please if anyone of you guys has the Box 2, I bet you are planning to watch all the episodes so tell us if the bad animation and art have been fixed, especially on episode 23-24.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:40 pm

yugidmx5 wrote:

Ugh. That's just... ugh. :sick:

EP 24 was really all kinds of awful. And while it's wishful thinking, I hope they re-animated the entire episode. Because it's just terrible from start to finish.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Psykomatik wrote:13 to 25 is 13...
13 = 1
14 = 2
15 = 3
16 = 4
17 = 5
18 = 6
19 = 7
20 = 8
21 = 9
22 = 10
23 = 11
24 = 12
25 = 13

And same goes for 26 - 38, it's 13 episodes.
Wow. They messed up then. I assume they'll just put Light Pink in episode 25 when it comes on box 3

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:20 pm

yugidmx5 wrote:Could you tell me were there any fixes in this scene from episode 24? I think it's around 12-12:30 mark:

Well I scanned this sequence frame-by-frame, and it's identical on the Blu-ray. Now I need a drink.

I compared a few other action sequences in 24 too, including giant fist Vegeta and the Bluper transformation, and I haven't spotted any differences. There are still a lot of ugly faces too.

I didn't look through 23 quite as much, but Gohan still has that controversial skinny look. So yeah, I don't think they've changed anything.
SSGSS Goku wrote:Wow. They messed up then. I assume they'll just put Light Pink in episode 25 when it comes on box 3
There's nothing messed up about it. Anime is produced in cours (three months). On average that's 13 weeks, but it can vary depending on the airing schedule. There is no reason they would change 25's ending for home video.
-Rachel

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:22 pm

And ofc no blood, right?

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:28 pm

TripleRach wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:Wow. They messed up then. I assume they'll just put Light Pink in episode 25 when it comes on box 3
There's nothing messed up about it. Anime is produced in cours (three months). On average that's 13 weeks, but it can vary depending on the airing schedule. There is no reason they would change 25's ending for home video.
Yeah. ED 2 had 13 episodes because they decided to replace it in the first episode of January, instead of the last one in December, that would be followed by a break.
Kuririn Fan wrote:And ofc no blood, right?
Mainstream anime don't add blood in their home releases, they would have to remake the scenes. That's up to late night shows that air censored to begin already (using shadows, blur or cuts), so all they have to do is remove the censorship.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm not surprised nothing got changed. I know a lot of people gave the Blu-Ray for Super BoG some credit for fixing episode 5 but c'mon, there was plenty of other bad or mediocre looking stuff that didn't get changed. Nothing from the F arc was outrageously (and hilariously) awful as Ep5 so there was no chance in hell of them altering anything.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Yeah, i thought so. It doesn't bother me, it's just annoying seeing people who say that they'll "add blood for the uncut dvds and bds."

yugidmx5
Not-So-Newbie

Post by yugidmx5 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:51 pm

At least I hope they'll fix this shot in BOX 3 cause this one was utter trash:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:08 pm

TripleRach wrote:
yugidmx5 wrote:Could you tell me were there any fixes in this scene from episode 24? I think it's around 12-12:30 mark:

Well I scanned this sequence frame-by-frame, and it's identical on the Blu-ray. Now I need a drink.

I compared a few other action sequences in 24 too, including giant fist Vegeta and the Bluper transformation, and I haven't spotted any differences. There are still a lot of ugly faces too.

I didn't look through 23 quite as much, but Gohan still has that controversial skinny look. So yeah, I don't think they've changed anything.
Well that's just wonderful.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:50 pm

So the second bd box is already out?

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Hasn't the box been out for 2 days now? I'm not trying to complain, but why haven't we heard anything about corrections for it? Surely someone has posted something about them if they exist.