"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TripleRach

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by TripleRach » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:33 pm

jpranevich wrote:Can we talk about the episode title "leaks" for a second?

Do we think the fake titles WERE real, but changed late in production? Could this be something to do with Morio Hatano's appointment as series director? It seems however that it would take a lot to change the outcome of the episodes in such a significant way.

Do we think the titles are a misinformation campaign from Toei to keep the fans guessing and clamoring for more? Perhaps, but that seems far too "put together" for them. That would involve a level of foresight we don't see much on this production.

Or perhaps they are for later episodes? Seems unlikely, but perhaps Piccolo does get back into the action later.
I think you're giving those "leaks" too much credit. It was just a 2ch post without a source. Some anon was either speculating or trolling.

People probably latched onto them because they sounded plausible, and I think most people really wanted to see Piccolo progress.
-Rachel

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:47 pm

alakazam^ wrote:His training was only relaxing his mind, he said so himself so people should have paid attention to that.
I did, but in this post-Resurrection F world where Freeza and a grunt of his, Tagoma can get this strong just because the writers want them to be, there really is no excuse that the good guys can't do it either. Especially since they specifically axed Gods backstory, put in this Namekian book thing and then do nothing with it.

So either do it like GT and keep everyone in their plausible place AKA inferior to the one guy who's kept up his training: Goku or drop this pretense of consistency (that's barely there anyhow) and just go nuts.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

DranzerX13

Post by DranzerX13 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Those eptitles on 2ch didn't have airdates next to them, so I assume they were just speculation. Example...

My speculation:
35. Vegeta battles Frost and wins.
36. Vegeta battles Magenta and wins easily. His next battle is with Kyabe, episode ends mid-battle.
37. Vegeta's battle against Kyabe continues. Vegeta wins.
38. Vegeta battles Hit. Hit plays mind games with Vegeta, making him weaker and weaker, then Vegeta looses.
39 Monaka battles hit. Hit ends up nearly killing him, thus having Goku having to step in.
40. Tournament is cancelled due to Hit being disqualified for intent to kill. Goku battles hit, and looses severely. Hit steals the Super Dragon Balls.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:00 pm

DranzerX13 wrote:Those eptitles on 2ch didn't have airdates next to them, so I assume they were just speculation. Example...

My speculation:
36. Vegeta battles Magenta and wins easily. His next battle is with Kyabe, episode ends mid-battle.
38. Vegeta battles Hit. Hit plays mind games with Vegeta, making him weaker and weaker, then Vegeta looses.
39 Monaka battles hit. Hit ends up nearly killing him, thus having Goku having to step in.
40. Tournament is cancelled due to Hit being disqualified for intent to kill. Goku battles hit, and looses severely. Hit steals the Super Dragon Balls.
Are these new episode title leaks? I wonder what number the 2ch thread is up to now.

Edit:
I couldn't find a listing for those, but the latest 2ch thread is 107. http://itest.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime/1457265201/
When I last checked in they were on 99.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:58 pm

What makes people think Monaka's gonna be weak, when they clearly said he was the strongest person Beerus ever fought, and was barely phased when Goku punched him? The fact that he' s so small makes it even more obvious, since we know how this series likes to play the "smaller guys are really strong" game. Really don't think he's going to go down so easily.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Those are not the leaks, he clearly said that it's his speculation.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:03 pm

It'll be kind of fun if, after all the building up and expectancy, Monaca never even fights.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:06 pm

Sandubadear wrote:It'll be kind of fun if, after all the building up and expectancy, Monaca never even fights.
Wouldn't surprised me at all. He's not Goku or Vegeta after all.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:12 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Those are not the leaks, he clearly said that it's his speculation.
I didn't read it correctly. Sorry about that. ^^;

At least it got me to find the most recent 2ch thread. I don't think I'd checked in on 2ch since the week leading up to last month's VJump spoilers.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:12 pm

Makai wrote:What makes people think Monaka's gonna be weak, when they clearly said he was the strongest person Beerus ever fought, and was barely phased when Goku punched him? The fact that he' s so small makes it even more obvious, since we know how this series likes to play the "smaller guys are really strong" game. Really don't think he's going to go down so easily.
Barely phased when Goku punched him? Monaka had teary eyes and sounded hurt :lol:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:40 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Makai wrote:What makes people think Monaka's gonna be weak, when they clearly said he was the strongest person Beerus ever fought, and was barely phased when Goku punched him? The fact that he' s so small makes it even more obvious, since we know how this series likes to play the "smaller guys are really strong" game. Really don't think he's going to go down so easily.
Barely phased when Goku punched him? Monaka had teary eyes and sounded hurt :lol:
He was caught off guard, we all know what happens when Goku's caught off guard.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Could it be beerus hasn't fought Monaka in a very long time, and now while still strong isn't as strong as Beerus remembers?

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:28 pm

kinisking wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
He was caught off guard, we all know what happens when Goku's caught off guard.
Eh, think that's goku's own issue. Pretty sure not all characters share the same flaw.

Whis was specific in saying only goku has that issue.

I wonder, will whis warning about monaka be relevent to the plot or was just said for no reason?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Retan wrote:Could it be beerus hasn't fought Monaka in a very long time, and now while still strong isn't as strong as Beerus remembers?
Everyone's expecting him to be Super strong so it would be funny if it turned out Beerus' last fight with him was when they were kids so he's a lot weaker then he remembers.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Lionel wrote:Do you really think Piccolo is going to have any more role to play after this fight? Nothing indicates to that possibility happening. He has no investment in the plot besides acting as a proxy for the missing Gohan in the tournament roster.
Nothing says he won't have any role, by that logic. What we know of the future of Super is literally whatever the next episode preview shows us.

Shounen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shounen » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Maybe Monaka win with Hit with one hit. Like One Punch Man, I mean. It'll be funny :P

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:38 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Lionel wrote:Do you really think Piccolo is going to have any more role to play after this fight? Nothing indicates to that possibility happening. He has no investment in the plot besides acting as a proxy for the missing Gohan in the tournament roster.
Nothing says he won't have any role, by that logic. What we know of the future of Super is literally whatever the next episode preview shows us.
I think the Special Beam Cannon breaking the dome is foreshadowing him using it again in the future.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:43 pm

DranzerX13 wrote:My speculation:
I really, really doubt Vegeta will get three wins and four fights in a row. I think there's a high chance the tournament goes to hell next week, seeing how things are turning out, plus the preview.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Araki wrote:
DranzerX13 wrote:My speculation:
I really, really doubt Vegeta will get three wins and four fights in a row. I think there's a high chance the tournament goes to hell next week, seeing how things are turning out, plus the preview.
I have to agree, I think either mid match or post match things are gonna go pear shaped and the whole tournament is gonna be cancelled Which makes me sad cause I really wanna see Magetta fight and stuff. Oh well, here's hoping they become a regular character for later...

I also think the "Vegeta's gonna waltz through the tournament with utter ease." mentality is getting kinda old. Vegeta+Tournament=Cancelled Tournament, usually.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:12 pm

I have a feeling Megetta will beat Vegeta.

Though so far the tournement has been refreshingly unpredictable