Sources on Kuririn being the strongest human

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: Sources on Kuririn being the strongest human

Post by pacz360 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Here the thing krillins is the strongest via wog however word of god didn't do enough to assert why krillin is the strongest in the manga and anime tien is the one that gonna be looked at as someone much stronger due to feats and potrayal in the series. Krillin is the strongest it just tori not doing anything to assert why he is.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:43 pm

Can anyone share some light on this http://tenshinhan-toei.blogspot.nl/ true or false?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:56 pm

z_cherub, obnoxiously posting an image macro is not a worthwhile or acceptable response. Please don't do it again.
shinmaru wrote:Can anyone share some light on this http://tenshinhan-toei.blogspot.nl/ true or false?
You couldn't just tell by looking? It's nearly 100% fan-made baloney, coming from someone very displeased with Tenshinhan's established standing on the power ladder.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:58 pm

shinmaru wrote:Can anyone share some light on this http://tenshinhan-toei.blogspot.nl/ true or false?
OhmyGod the intro to that was fantastic. That's the biggest laugh I've had on the forum since the vibrator ad incident.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:58 pm

I originally thought that Tien continued being the strongest human since he was the only one who helped out in a fight after the Freeza saga. When you think about it, his only contribution was with the Tri-Beam which was a freakishly concentrated attack so Toriyama confirming that Krillin is the strongest human doesn't contradict anything in the manga. It would be like how base Goku was weaker than Vegeta during the Saiyan saga but temporarily surpassed him with the Kaioken or Piccolo was weaker than Raditz but temporarily surpassed his PL with the Special Beam Cannon.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Kaboom wrote:z_cherub, obnoxiously posting an image macro is not a worthwhile or acceptable response. Please don't do it again.
Picture's worth a thousand words, but I guess only direct literal dialogue is allowed here - shouldn't have attempted any humor whatsoever. Noted. Thanks for setting me straight, janitor.

Should you have any interest in coming off as an unbiased moderator, maybe stick to just stating the rule next time rather than throwing around your opinion with words like "obnoxious". Otherwise, carry on, O watchful protector!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:41 am

RedRibbonSoldier#42 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
If you think that the plot didn't explain how Gero created such fearsome androids and that it doesn't make much sense for a scientist in a planet that was less advanced than Freeza's empire to create androids much more powerful than Freeza, then, yeah, it's a plothole. You don't deny that it's a fact that Gero created those androids, and that those androids beat the SSJs, you just don't think that it doesn't make much sense for him to be able to do it. The plot, instead of making everything have perfect sense, had a "hole" in that part, in your opinion, thus "plothole".

However, while in the Krillin situation, a fan might come up with in-universe explanations to explain Yamcha's statement and just disregard Toriyama's statement to try to overcome/surpass the plothole, in this case it's impossible to come up with explanations for them not being stronger than Freeza. In that regard, it's an unsurpassable plothole.
How is it any more unsurpassable than the Kuririn stuff? I can contrive any number of things to fix the android "plothole". Maybe Vegeta had a cold when he fought 18, maybe Piccolo actually got weaker when he fused with kami. I can find evidence for it (Gero's hideout was stated to be chilly, and Boo got weaker when fusing with good characters)
Because you can just ignore Toriyama's statement, which isn't part of the manga, by saying it doesn't make sense, and you can easily explain Yamcha's statement by saying that he is thinking about how they were 7 years ago but by now Tenshinhan has surpassed Krillin or something similar. Nothing in the manga is actually affected or changed if you do that, so it is easily surpassed.

However, the androids fought and defeated SSj Vegeta and Ssj Trunks (who easily killed Freeza) and were equal to KamiPiccolo who was stronger than the Ssjs. I don't see any way to explain that they actually were weaker than Freeza and what you suggested doesn't make sense in the story since they didn't just fight one person stronger than Freeza and Piccolo is confirmed by statements and actions to be stronger than the Ssjs. At most you could theorize that Gero found some super ancient alien tech that allowed him to make the androids that powerful, but that is a huge assumption not based on anything. When the fans state that Tenshinhan should be stronger, they at least have a basis, like the fact that Krillin stopped training, but there is no basis to think that Gero found alien tech.
z_cherub wrote: Picture's worth a thousand words, but I guess only direct literal dialogue is allowed here - shouldn't have attempted any humor whatsoever. Noted. Thanks for setting me straight, janitor.

Should you have any interest in coming off as an unbiased moderator, maybe stick to just stating the rule next time rather than throwing around your opinion with words like "obnoxious". Otherwise, carry on, O watchful protector!
The forum rules requires all posts to have a respectful tone. Therefore, it's basically required of the moderators to point out to the users how their tone comes across.
Last edited by rereboy on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:14 pm

However, the androids fought and defeated SSj Vegeta and Ssj Trunks (who easily killed Freeza) and were equal to KamiPiccolo who was stronger than the Ssjs. I don't see any way to explain that they actually were weaker than Freeza and what you suggested doesn't make sense in the story since they just fight one person stronger than Freeza and Piccolo is confirmed by statements and actions to be stronger than the Ssjs..
Ah, so it doesn't make sense to you, but it does to me. Androids > Freeza is a plot hole to me, thus I can ignore any "statements"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:03 pm

However, the androids fought and defeated SSj Vegeta and Ssj Trunks (who easily killed Freeza) and were equal to KamiPiccolo who was stronger than the Ssjs. I don't see any way to explain that they actually were weaker than Freeza and what you suggested doesn't make sense in the story since they just fight one person stronger than Freeza and Piccolo is confirmed by statements and actions to be stronger than the Ssjs..
Ah, so it doesn't make sense to you, but it does to me. Androids > Freeza is a plot hole to me, thus I can ignore any "statements"
You are confusing two different moments:

Moment 1: you realize that the facts don't make much sense, like, for example, the androids being stronger than Freeza. That means that, to you, there's a plothole regarding that.

Moment 2: now that you've determined that in your view there's a plothole, you can try to get past that plothole by coming up with an explanation that makes sense in the context of the story to explain the plothole, to surpass it. This might not be possible to do, but whether it's possible or not, whether you manage to do it or not, this has nothing to do with the first moment and with the facts not making much sense to you. The facts not making much sense to you, and thus there being a plothole, is one thing... And another thing is coming up with an explanation that makes sense to try and explain the plothole.

Heck, you aren't required to explain the plotholes that you notice at all. You can just notice that something doesn't make much sense (like the androids being stronger than Freeza) and do absolutely nothing. Trying to come up with explanations that make sense to surpass plotholes is something completely optional that some fans might want to do simply to have a more coherent interpretation of the story in their minds.

Also regarding Krillin being the strongest Earthling, no one is required to come up with explanations to surpass that particular plohole if they find it to be a plothole... They can just think it's a plothole and that's all, they don't do anything else. However, if they want to try to come up with explanations, there's nothing stopping them, just like there's nothing stopping someone from trying to come up with explanations that make sense for why the androids are stronger than Freeza. I only stated that I think it would be far easier to come up with an explanation that makes sense for Krillin than for the androids.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:10 pm

rereboy wrote: You are confusing two different moments:

Moment 1: you realize that the facts don't make much sense, like, for example, the androids being stronger than Freeza. That means that, to you, there's a plothole regarding that.

Moment 2: now that you've determined that in your view there's a plothole, you can try to get past that plothole by coming up with an explanation that makes sense in the context of the story to explain the plothole, to surpass it. This might not be possible to do, but whether it's possible or not, whether you manage to do it or not, this has nothing to do with the first moment and with the facts not making much sense to you. The facts not making much sense to you, and thus there being a plothole, is one thing... And another thing is coming up with an explanation that makes sense to try and explain the plothole.

Heck, you aren't required to explain the plotholes that you notice at all. You can just notice that something doesn't make much sense (like the androids being stronger than Freeza) and do absolutely nothing. Trying to come up with explanations that make sense to surpass plotholes is something completely optional that some fans might want to do simply to have a more coherent interpretation of the story in their minds.

Also regarding Krillin being the strongest Earthling, no one is required to come up with explanations to surpass the plohole if they find it to be the plothole... They can just think it's a plothole and that's all. However, if they want to try to come up with explanations, there's nothing stopping them, just like there's nothing stopping someone from trying to come up with explanations that make sense for why the androids are stronger than Freeza. The only thing I stated was simply that I think it would be far easier to come up with an explanation that makes sense for Krillin than for the androids.
So, just to be clear, I don't actually believe all that Android stuff. I was trying to make a ridiculous analogy to expose why I think your ideas on what makes a plot hole and how to treat them was silly. At this point, I don't think i have much else to say. Kuririn is established as stronger than Tenshinhan, people can make of that what they will.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:24 pm

rereboy wrote: You are confusing two different moments:

Also regarding Krillin being the strongest Earthling, no one is required to come up with explanations to surpass the plohole if they find it to be the plothole... They can just think it's a plothole and that's all. However, if they want to try to come up with explanations, there's nothing stopping them, just like there's nothing stopping someone from trying to come up with explanations that make sense for why the androids are stronger than Freeza. The only thing I stated was simply that I think it would be far easier to come up with an explanation that makes sense for Krillin than for the androids.
So, just to be clear, I don't actually believe all that Android stuff. I was trying to make a ridiculous analogy to expose why I think your ideas on what makes a plot hole and how to treat them was silly. At this point, I don't think i have much else to say. Kuririn is established as stronger than Tenshinhan, people can make of that what they will.
I suspected that, but it was a poor attempt on your part because, even though you thought that somebody stating that the androids being stronger than Freeza is a plothole would make my reasoning look bad, that just shows that you still haven't really understood my point... Thinking that Gero creating androids more powerful than Freeza is a plothole doesn't mean that that we are denying that the androids are shown to be stronger than Freeza, or even that we have to come up with explanations to surpass the plothole. It just means that we think it doesn't make much sense, it doesn't mean that the fights and statements of the Cell arc didn't happen.

In fact, personally, I think that Gero being able to do that is, indeed, a (small) plothole. I just don't feel the need to come up with explanations that make sense to try to surpass that plothole, even if it was possible to come up with some.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:12 am

z_cherub wrote:Picture's worth a thousand words, but I guess only direct literal dialogue is allowed here - shouldn't have attempted any humor whatsoever. Noted. Thanks for setting me straight, janitor.

Moderators and administrators express their opinions of people's behavior all the time. There has never been any obligation otherwise.

If you honestly thought he was doing something wrong here, the appropriate thing to do would have been to report the post. Sarcastically mocking anyone is both off-topic and against the rules.
-Rachel

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:35 am

Vijay wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:Tien was probably ahead of Kuririn in the Saiyan arc but that all changed once Kuririn made a gigantic leap in power on Namek.
Not probably ahead. Sure fire ahead. Kuririn freaked at a "missed" blast from Nappa, while Tien not only got his forearm severed, assumed fighting stance, was hit to the ground and STILL attempted his Shin Kikoho stance. A true sign of warrior.

As opposed to a guy who is ragged by mere after-effects of Nappa's nearby chi shots

I also disagree on Kuririn's gigantic power leap on Namek as you said. He isnt Saiyan, who grows stronger continually with zenkai & transformations. All he could manage waz potential unlock by Guru/Saichoro Sama which made his speed/reflexes marginally superior. Was Kuririn himself admitted everything Guru did to him was useless when he was down frm SINGLE kick of Recoome.

Now if you compare that to Tienshinhan, he trained under Kaio Sama. Trained 3 years prior to Androids arrival. STILL wanted to train post 17 & 18's awakening, even after got badly beat down. Was not seen hanging-out with Zetto Senshi's in Boo Arc, which implies he still prefers being lone ranger who trains with Chaiatzu (seen briefly as Goku's SSJ3 transformation shocked whole world, escaping from Super Boo's Human Extinction Attack & later saving Dende from Bootenks)

Kuririn on other hand, grows his hair. Settles down with 18. Regular family man.

Even if we use FNF as any indication, Tien performed best next to Piccolo & Gohan, given how he took on vast number of Frieza's soldier with fluid display of martial arts.

How Kuririn is strongest human fighter especially compared to Tien is beyond me.
I hardly think going from a battle power weaker than 2,000 to 75,000 is a small gap.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:30 am

Bansho64 wrote:I hardly think going from a battle power weaker than 2,000 to 75,000 is a small gap.
It's not small, but it doesn't make much sense to think that Tenshinhan is not able to keep up and surpass Krillin when Tenshinhan trained at Kaio's longer than anyone and Krillin didn't, and when in the 17 years from the end of the Cell arc to the end of the manga, Krillin didn't train and Tenshinhan did.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:45 pm

I still stand by Tien.

Remember, he forced Trunks to go Super Saiyan in that (debatable) canon non-canon movie 9 lol.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:34 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:I still stand by Tien.

Remember, he forced Trunks to go Super Saiyan in that (debatable) canon non-canon movie 9 lol.
Movies 1-13 are not canon.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:32 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:I still stand by Tien.

In the same movie, Krillin MADE PICCOLO FORFEIT , who's around the same strength as SS trunks or a bit weaker.

Also, if movies count, then filler also should count:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTDxeiK ... tml5=False
Fights off imperfect cell to a fairly good battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qANrbKY ... tml5=False
Fights his cell jr alone, while yamcha-tien needed to gang up on one. Also, he got down only by off-guard punch, unlike them who got down in H2H

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7uHvA8YZE
Fights freaking kid buu
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:42 pm

In the same movie, Krillin MADE PICCOLO FORFEIT , who's around the same strength as SS trunks or a bit weaker.
Or the more accurate reading was that he thought the tournament was ridiculous and left.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:18 am

ABED wrote:
Or the more accurate reading was that he thought the tournament was ridiculous and left.
I think that was a joke, like the idea of taking Ten vs Future Trunks seriously.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:45 pm

If we're including filler then I have to go with my man Yamcha being the strongest human. In the Buu saga, he defeated Olibu who gave Pikkon more trouble than Cell!