What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Got this in the mail today!

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:20 pm

^
Wow, that's so cool! What chapter is in it and how much did it cost?
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:26 pm

gokaiblue wrote:^
228 I decided to get my favorite chapters in their original first printings. This one is double special cause the color pages have yet to be released here in the U.S :D

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:02 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:
228 I decided to get my favorite chapters in their original first printings. This one is double special cause the color pages have yet to be released here in the U.S :D
My jealousy cant be contained. I know what I'm saving for!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:45 am

Wezenheim wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
Oh yea! I forgot the price was arounf $35. I'm sure I could get it cheaper from Amazon Japan but with using a deputy serice it might come out the same You still using swag? I might use my next Swag lot to get another :D

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:57 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:
Wezenheim wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote: 228 I decided to get my favorite chapters in their original first printings. This one is double special cause the color pages have yet to be released here in the U.S :D
Oh yea! I forgot the price was arounf $35. I'm sure I could get it cheaper from Amazon Japan but with using a deputy serice it might come out the same You still using swag? I might use my next Swag lot to get another :D
I've been using multiple things haha. I havent been good at using it very often, but I'm getting close to a $5 card on that and Bing! Hoping to hoard them a little!

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:38 am

Nothing special, but picked up the digital version of all of the original DB manga as I've only watched the anime, but never read the manga.

Frieza's Henchmen

Post by Frieza's Henchmen » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:48 am

Just won dragon boxes 1,2 and 3 off eBay for $225 and free shipping. Also looking at dragon box 4 that has a starting bid of $9.99. It does have some carboard wear but if I can get it cheap, it will be worth it to finally complete my dragon box collection.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:50 pm

So while on a trip out of town earlier today, I did a little shopping at Hastings, and happened across a Resurrection 'F' poster in the poster aisle. I won't be able to actually put it up for the forseeable future, but nice to have it for when I do have the opportunity eventually. It's nothing special really though, just the same basic poster we've always had for the film.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:25 am

Grabbed this from Madman's website for only $12:
All of their Manga is currently 60% off as, from the 1st of May, they will no longer be distributing it (license must've expired). Unfortunately, most of the volumes I needed were already out of stock, so I'd suggest getting in quick. Definitely not much left on the NZ site. Australian side of things might have a little bit more; not entirely sure, though.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:18 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Grabbed this from Madman's website for only $12:
All of their Manga is currently 60% off as, from the 1st of May, they will no longer be distributing it (license must've expired). Unfortunately, most of the volumes I needed were already out of stock, so I'd suggest getting in quick. Definitely not much left on the NZ site. Australian side of things might have a little bit more; not entirely sure, though.

How do you even find stuff on their site? I go into Manga and there isn't even anything there.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:25 am

LordCrumb wrote:How do you even find stuff on their site? I go into Manga and there isn't even anything there.
Type 'Dragon Ball' into the search bar and choose Manga under the 'Products' heading. Here's a quick link:
http://www.madman.co.nz/actions/search. ... seTypeId=3

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:41 pm

It technically hasn't arrived yet, but Madman Australia is sending me a corrected disc for the 'Fortune Teller Baba' set. 8) 8)

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:51 pm

I just bought most of Dragon Ball Z up to the Cell Saga on vhs along with my new Purple Rain album. I'm gonna give the Funimation dub another try but if it doesn't work out then I'm just gonna go listen to some Prince.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:12 pm

Now, if only they made a "Dragon Ball Gals" Chichi version, preferably adult Chichi in her metal bikini outfit, I can die happy.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:06 am

Bansho64 wrote:I just bought most of Dragon Ball Z up to the Cell Saga on vhs along with my new Purple Rain album. I'm gonna give the Funimation dub another try but if it doesn't work out then I'm just gonna go listen to some Prince.
While I personally like the Funi dub of Z despite its faults, I suggest going for Kai if you want to base your opinion on the dub off of anything

TLM Reviews

Post by TLM Reviews » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:16 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:got this a day early :D
Where did you get this off of??

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Bansho64 wrote:I just bought most of Dragon Ball Z up to the Cell Saga on vhs along with my new Purple Rain album. I'm gonna give the Funimation dub another try but if it doesn't work out then I'm just gonna go listen to some Prince.
While I personally like the Funi dub of Z despite its faults, I suggest going for Kai if you want to base your opinion on the dub off of anything
Oh no I've already watched Kai when it was on Nicktoons and I personally prefer it but I wanna give the Ocean and Funi dubs another try. Mainly because I want to see if I like the Faulconer score.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:52 pm

I really wish there had been official VHS tapes that were Japanese audio with subtitles from Funimation. Pretty certain there aren't any, but I wish there were. I love the art on some of the boxes, plus I'm a weirdo who thinks VHS tapes are cool.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Wezenheim wrote:I really wish there had been official VHS tapes that were Japanese audio with subtitles from Funimation. Pretty certain there aren't any, but I wish there were. I love the art on some of the boxes, plus I'm a weirdo who thinks VHS tapes are cool.
Oh trust me that's not weird. I'm the same in the way that I currently have six hours of Kai on Toonami recorded on vhs.