Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut [COMPLETE!]

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut [~95% @ Timing]

Post by Bullza » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:48 pm

You've probably said but is this going to be released dubbed?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Bullza wrote:You've probably said but is this going to be released dubbed?
No plans to, and obviously can't due to Super not actually being dubbed yet. That said, if someone wants to create a dubbed version, I'm all for it.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Ajay wrote:
Bullza wrote:You've probably said but is this going to be released dubbed?
No plans to, and obviously can't due to Super not actually being dubbed yet. That said, if someone wants to create a dubbed version, I'm all for it.
I'll be willing to do it. (once Super comes out in English of course) It'll be easy since it's all going to be in 5.1 surround audio and I own both the RoF and Super soundtracks.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:29 am

Any help needed for the timing?

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:12 am

Nope. The timing has been done for a while. I've just been too busy to finish up some minor details and encode. It's basically done.

Deadtuber.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:36 am

Ajay wrote:Nope. The timing has been done for a while. I've just been too busy to finish up some minor details and encode. It's basically done.
Stop teasing us, Ajay. We all wanna see your masterpiece. :P

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:50 am

Okay, finally got around to finishing up the redrawn Tate scene. Here's a preview - https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/725696276487131136

It's all timed. Rendering out the final film now, then Sangofe's gonna double check the timing. After that, I'll watch it through to double check continuity and edits, then it'll be out.

Planning to release tomorrow or the day after if possible!

Deadtuber.

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut [~99% @ QC]

Post by Ohms » Sun May 01, 2016 10:12 am

So I have been getting my older brother into DBZ and after years we are finally at the end of Boo arc, we were gonna watch the movies and super next week but wow I'm so glad I found a fan edit of Resurrection F! I'm sure it's gonna be amazing, as a fellow fan editor and Brit I'd just like to say, thank you Ajay!! You are a legend!
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Tue May 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Ajay wrote:Okay, finally got around to finishing up the redrawn Tate scene. Here's a preview - https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/725696276487131136

It's all timed. Rendering out the final film now, then Sangofe's gonna double check the timing. After that, I'll watch it through to double check continuity and edits, then it'll be out.

Where will you release it? I'm really looing forward to it!.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue May 03, 2016 6:45 pm

Black_Liger wrote:
Ajay wrote:Okay, finally got around to finishing up the redrawn Tate scene. Here's a preview - https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/725696276487131136

Where will you release it? I'm really looing forward to it!.
I believe he will release it on his twitter

Ajay

Re: Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut [~99% @ QC]

Post by Ajay » Tue May 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Correct.

Yeah, sorry for the delay, it's all out of my hands at this point. Waiting on QC checks from the people I trust that got preview copies. Once they give it the OK, I'll let you guys know.

Deadtuber.

Ajay

Re: Resurrection 'F' - Super Cut [COMPLETE!]

Post by Ajay » Sat May 07, 2016 3:35 pm

All done. For version 1, at least!

Download link available on my Twitter.

Once the third Blu-ray set is out, I'll be swapping out the remaining TV footage, alongside making around three very small continuity changes if possible.

Big thanks to everyone who helped with putting this together! Sorry it took so long to finally release. Hope it was worth it.

Deadtuber.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat May 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Fuck yeah! Thank you so much Ajay for doing such great things!

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Sat May 07, 2016 5:19 pm

Downloading this now, I'm so excited!! I've literally been checking your twitter everyday for it XD (BTW you post very cool stuff and I'm glad your enjoying Yu Yu Hakusho).

This is came out at the perfect time for me, I was gonna see my brother soon so we can watch Resurrection F before we watch Super (I promised Id wait for him to finish the Boo arc and the movies before I started the Champa material lol)

Thanks again, I'll let you know my thoughts on it as soon as I see it!
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat May 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Ajay wrote:All done. For version 1, at least!

Download link available on my Twitter.

Once the third Blu-ray set is out, I'll be swapping out the remaining TV footage, alongside making around three very small continuity changes if possible.

Big thanks to everyone who helped with putting this together! Sorry it took so long to finally release. Hope it was worth it.
I'm gonna be downloading it tonight, judging by the preview clips I'm sure it's an excelente work ajay!

DBGT101
Patreon Supporter

Post by DBGT101 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:17 pm

just got finished watching it, makes a much more enjoyable watch over the original film. thanks for all the work you put into this.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:03 am

i trying to download the movie but it seem it won't show the pix of the video?

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:26 am

So how does the download work? I downloaded it off mega. The file opens in windows movie maker but its only 7 seconds long with no audio or video? How do I watch it?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Sun May 08, 2016 12:54 am

I already gave a bit of feedback on Twitter, but I'll add some here, since I'm not limited by characters!

I thought it was very well done. I loved the episodes and bits that were integrated from Super, it really added some more depth to Goku and Vegeta's training. I also liked how you kept Tagoma around for Freeza's training and how you worked that into the first half. It was a little touch, but one that I liked!

Thank you so very much for improving the fight between Goku and Freeza. You cut out that awful CG dash from Goku at the start of the fight, replacing it instead with Shimanuki's interesting cut, and you topped it off with this nice effect to boot:
In general, the fight was made much more intense. You were able to trim away some of those cutaways that took away from the tension just like you set out to do, and very few if any of the transitions from the movie's scenes to Super's were extremely jarring or noticeable. I don't know if I complimented the decision before, but I'm glad you kept the action going after the One Inch Punch especially. That cutaway was one of the worst. I also noted and liked some of the changes in music placement!

This is definitely an improvement from the film, and that isn't just because you added some scenes that were done better in Super, such as the laser beam scene and Earth's destruction. Your edits helped some of the film's weird pacing and timing issues as well, and that was awesome. I thought you did pretty darn good! Sometime tomorrow I may try to burn this onto a blank DVD I have laying around so I can watch it on my TV.

EDIT: For all of those asking how to watch, I recommend using a browser like Google Chrome and downloading VLC media player. I downloaded that, and then downloaded the movie in the browser. From there, I was able to watch it using VLC. You might also have to make an account on Mega. Hope that helps!

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun May 08, 2016 3:45 am

Ajay I freaking love you for this, Oh my God this is so much better than the two separate products that it's not even funny!. If I hadn't watched the anime and movies I would think this is the official stuff. TOP CLASS Job on this one man.