One character you would like to return

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: One character you would like to return

Post by voltlunok » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
voltlunok wrote:Launch, Bora & Upa, Violet, Eighter (#8), #16 (I don't care if it doesn't make sense! I WANT HIM BACK!) #17 and of course...Baby Gamera (Who at this point would be full size adult Gamera.)
The OP asked for one character. :lol:
Don't care! I play by my own rules! There are too many good characters to limit it down to one! (But if pressed...yeah #16. He was the bossest of bosses.)

Minor edit! I feel like this topic belongs in the General Franchise section and not the In-Universe section.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Future Gohan, he is the one we need to see in action and in place of the present Gohan.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:03 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:Would anyone like to see Nam return?
Nah. He was pretty one note as a character and really wouldn't bring anything interesting if he came back.
Steven Bloodriver wrote:Future Gohan, he is the one we need to see in action and in place of the present Gohan.
He is dead.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:49 am

Tsuru-sennin and Cyborg Tao, an episode where they try to kidnap Chaozu. Only then, they realize they're hopeless against the little guy.

Netter75

Post by Netter75 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Roronoa-pt wrote:Tsuru-sennin and Cyborg Tao, an episode where they try to kidnap Chaozu. Only then, they realize they're hopeless against the little guy.
I was going to say Launch, but definitely THIS. It would give Chiaotzu an opportunity to actually develop as a character for once and show off what he's been doing since the Android Arc. Plus it would be good to see some redemption for all of their abuse towards him in DB.

It was funny enough seeing how behind the times Tao seemed when he encountered Goku and Gohan in Cell Arc filler, imagine his reaction if the same thing happened with the runt of his class :lol:
Working on AMVs for every major Dragon Ball character from Piccolo to Puar :crazy:
Playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8PEvVt1fQW

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Lunch but that's to obvious, so #8 or #17, I've always found it werid how we barely see #17 after Cell, I thought he was pretty interesting.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:43 pm

17 definitely. I picture him being the cool uncle to Marron which turns into super protective uncle when she gets into her teen years. lol

Korppi

Post by Korppi » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:52 pm

Only one? There are too many good characters to limit it down to one!²
But possibly Devilman/Akkuman, because I personally would like to see his Devilmite Beam technique against an evil character (ok, that's not gonna happen).
So perhaps Android #8 (Hacchan), since it's still unknown how strong he really is (ok, he doesn't like fights, so that's not gonna happen either).
Also, characters like Tsurusennin, Cyborg Tao, Colonel Silver and Colonel Violet would be somehow interesting too, once it's unknown if they are still alive or not. I mean, I wonder if they would be evil characters after all.

Honorable mentions: King Furry, Suno, Paikuhan/Pikkon, Bora, Upa, Giran, Nam, Bacterian, Sharpner, Erasa, Killa, Jewel, Android #17, Ghost Usher...

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:27 pm

I want Arale to return and be part of the main cast in DBS (and beyond).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:00 pm

I mainly want to see Mirai Trunks and #17. I'd prefer it if it wasn't the Time Patrol Trunks version. Also as for villains, I'd like to see Raditz tbh.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Sun May 01, 2016 4:26 am

I'd love to see a prequel starring Mutaito, who trains Kame-sen'nin (who trains Grandpa Gohan and Gyuu-mao) and Tsuru-sen'nin (who trains Tao Pai Pai).

Minor DB characters rank highly as my faves, I'd love to see some sort of union between Namu, Panput, King Chapa, and Uub, as they all seem like vaguely Indian guys who are the toughest humans in the world. Maybe while the Z crew is off in space or something they can hold a tournament, or maybe the Red Ribbon army is back and stepping their android game up or something. We could see Androids 9 through 12. Give some under-represented guys like Yajirobe, Mr Popo, Lunch, Chaozu, and Foretuneteller Baba's fighters some more screen time.

If we're talking present day, make an appearance in DBS alongside Super Saiyan Gods, type of come back, I guess it would be cool to see Baby, just to kind of tie in the series with GT. He was a badass.

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Sun May 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Of course I'd like to see more appearances for Grandpa Gohan, the announcer, Lunch, Uppa, Bora, Snow and Hatchan but in terms of a full time return I think I'd like to have Nail defuse from Piccolo. IDK why, I just think it'd be interesting to see Nail again.
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

Korppi

Post by Korppi » Sun May 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Also, I forgot about Monster Carrot and his cronies, if they really survived when Jackie Chun blew away the moon.

TheDBZmaster100
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDBZmaster100 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:37 pm

It's a shame that Toriyama never fully utilised Upa as a character.
Last edited by TheDBZmaster100 on Wed May 11, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:53 am

Upa without a doubt. He was such a nice kid and he was a dear friend to Goku. It's nice that we got a couple of cameos in the Boo arc and GT but it's a shame he was almost never seen again. It'd be nice if Goku was going with Pan to help her climb Karin's tower for training and met Upa and Bora again.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Wed May 04, 2016 2:10 pm

Just bring back Paikuhan! A cameo at least!
I know, he's just an anime-only character, but it was Gregory too, so... there's hope.

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sun Wukong » Fri May 06, 2016 1:03 pm

The obvious choices being Nappa, 17, Launch, Pikkon, Trunks, etc. but I am not going to go with any of them.

I want Toriyama & TOEI to being back Broly. I want him to be brought back to bring an interesting dilemma to Beerus. On one hand he can get boosted just like Freeza was in G form. At the same time his power keeps rising endlessly. So it would be nice to see how Beerus would keep him under his control w/o killing him.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri May 06, 2016 2:23 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:The obvious choices being Nappa, 17, Launch, Pikkon, Trunks, etc. but I am not going to go with any of them.

I want Toriyama & TOEI to being back Broly. I want him to be brought back to bring an interesting dilemma to Beerus. On one hand he can get boosted just like Freeza was in G form. At the same time his power keeps rising endlessly. So it would be nice to see how Beerus would keep him under his control w/o killing him.
He's movie only character and won't return.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri May 06, 2016 4:01 pm

macho_man wrote:I know, he's just an anime-only character, but it was Gregory too, so... there's hope.
Gregory is still an anime-only character (despite appearing in both anime and manga version of Dragon Ball: Yo!! Son Goku and His Friends Returned!!).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun May 08, 2016 1:03 am

Sun Wukong wrote:The obvious choices being Nappa, 17, Launch, Pikkon, Trunks, etc. but I am not going to go with any of them.

Nice troll there buddy lol