Official Unofficial Power Level Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The Official Unofficial Power Levels Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 am

apex_pretador wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

-The Uub epilogue, which is still canon for Z, sets a hard limit: base Goku is noticeably weaker than a fully enraged Uub; he gets pushed back quickly in a short fight despite the boy completely lacking any fighting skill. He later says Uub is "exactly as amazing as I thought [he was going to be]", meaning Pure Buu level. So, after whatever training he does post-tournament, base Goku is still considerably weaker than his SS3 self from the Buu arc.
Yeah, a heavily suppressed goku, who was barely trying.
There's absolutely no proof of this anywhere. I'm not playing the "suppression" game again. Pony up some evidence or don't bring it up.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:55 am

VegetaSSJBlue wrote: - Gorilla : 13
- Lion: 12
- Tiger: 12
kingkaiultraron wrote:Gorilla: 40
Lion: 25
Tiger: 23
Gorilla is inferior to a lion by a significant margin, and tiger is significantly superior to a lion.

Anyways, I am going to make a list combining all responses so.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:56 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

-The Uub epilogue, which is still canon for Z, sets a hard limit: base Goku is noticeably weaker than a fully enraged Uub; he gets pushed back quickly in a short fight despite the boy completely lacking any fighting skill. He later says Uub is "exactly as amazing as I thought [he was going to be]", meaning Pure Buu level. So, after whatever training he does post-tournament, base Goku is still considerably weaker than his SS3 self from the Buu arc.
Yeah, a heavily suppressed goku, who was barely trying.
There's absolutely no proof of this anywhere. I'm not playing the "suppression" game again. Pony up some evidence or don't bring it up.
There is absolutely no proof that he was trying hard, or even trying. It looks like he is barely trying and just having fun.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:01 am

apex_pretador wrote: There is absolutely no proof that he was trying hard, or even trying. It looks like he is barely trying and just having fun.
No it doesn't.
The evidence is clear. If you don't offer up any proof I'm not going to dignify this with a response. Particularly because I really hate the "he was suppressed!" argument that everyone makes with no backing about every scene that they don't like.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:19 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: There is absolutely no proof that he was trying hard, or even trying. It looks like he is barely trying and just having fun.
No it doesn't.
The evidence is clear. If you don't offer up any proof I'm not going to dignify this with a response. Particularly because I really hate the "he was suppressed!" argument that everyone makes with no backing about every scene that they don't like.
he is not even fighting back, the evidence is clear. This is the same situation as trunks vs vegeta
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:50 am

apex_pretador wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
No it doesn't.
he is not even fighting back, the evidence is clear. This is the same situation as trunks vs vegeta
He wasn't fighting back at that moment because Uub is stronger than him, strong enough to force him on the defensive. On the very next page he tries to attack Uub only to be countered.
Vegeta wasn't holding back either.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:27 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: No it doesn't.
Wrong. He wasn't fighting back at that moment because Uub is stronger than him, strong enough to force him on the defensive. On the very next page he tries to attack Uub only to be countered. You still no evidence.
Vegeta wasn't holding back either.
I give you a point for that, I should've checked it out before commenting.

Howevr, this still doesn't put uub (kid buu) above goku, because it is the same as goten vs gohan, where gohan is obviously stronger. Also, never once did anyone comment or get shocked that uub's ki is equal to or above goku, and this is a thing worthy of a comment if it happened.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:44 am

apex_pretador wrote: Howevr, this still doesn't put uub (kid buu) above goku, because it is the same as goten vs gohan, where gohan is obviously stronger.
Gohan never tried to hit back. Goku did. Also, Gohan never hurt himself trying to block a single hit from Goten. Uub is quite clearly stronger than Goku in this scene.
Also, never once did anyone comment or get shocked that uub's ki is equal to or above goku, and this is a thing worthy of a comment if it happened.
Everyone acts really shocked by Uub's power actually, and comment on how enormous it is. Look at their faces in the scan I posted.

Chapter: 519 (DBZ 325), P10.6
Context: as Goku and Oob fight
Kuririn: “Yo-you’re kidding…!?”
Gohan: “Wh-what is that kid…!?”

The only one who actually says anything more specific than a generic "unbelievable..." or "wow..." is Goku saying that he's exactly as amazing as he thought he'd be- in other words, as strong as Pure Buu.

Chapter: 519 (DBZ 325), P12.2-5
Context: Oob is surprised by Goku’s Bukujutsu
Goku: “Oh, I see. You still don’t even know how to fly, huh? …I guess there ain’t no helping it. You haven’t had no teacher, and you probably never even considered things like that. Sorry I bad-mouthed you before. Please forgive me. I just wanted to know your true ability. You’re exactly the person I thought you were. As amazin’ as I expected."

Pure Buu/SS3 Goku [Buu arc] > base Goku [EOZ] > base Goku [Champa arc] > base Goku [ROF movie/ROF arc]
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:07 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: Howevr, this still doesn't put uub (kid buu) above goku, because it is the same as goten vs gohan, where gohan is obviously stronger.
Gohan never tried to hit back. Goku did.
Everyone acts really shocked by Uub's power actually, and comment on how enormous it is. Look at their faces in the scan I posted.

Chapter: 519 (DBZ 325), P10.6
Context: as Goku and Oob fight
Kuririn: “Yo-you’re kidding…!?”
Gohan: “Wh-what is that kid…!?”
That shock is due to the fact that he has kid buu level ki, not that his ki is bigger than goku.
A random 10 year old kid arrives the battle field and while fighting goku, powers up to kid buu level, wouldn't they be shocked?
There is not a single comment on his ki being close to goku, let alone above it.
The only one who actually says anything more specific than a generic "unbelievable..." or "wow..." is Goku saying that he's exactly as amazing as he thought he'd be- in other words, as strong as Pure Buu.
exactly, which goku handled pretty easily.
Chapter: 519 (DBZ 325), P12.2-5
Context: Oob is surprised by Goku’s Bukujutsu
Goku: “Oh, I see. You still don’t even know how to fly, huh? …I guess there ain’t no helping it. You haven’t had no teacher, and you probably never even considered things like that. Sorry I bad-mouthed you before. Please forgive me. I just wanted to know your true ability. You’re exactly the person I thought you were. As amazin’ as I expected."
Indication that goku was not fighting seriously.

And I still believe that "Goku was suppressed" card will be used when EoZ will take place in super. It was not necessary when the end of manga took place and was left as such. However, now, we'll see what happens when the DBS reaches that point or crosses it.
Last edited by apex_pretador on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:14 am

apex_pretador wrote:-snip-
1. Gohan isn't attacking here, he's blocking with his legs.

2. Gohan easily blocks numerous blows from Goten; he does not attempt to block one and then badly hurt his arm.

3. Don't post these please, they're against the rules.
That shock is due to the fact that he has kid buu level ki, not that his ki is bigger than goku.
You just said that none of them were shocked. They clearly were. And evidently, having Kid Buu level ki is the same thing as having a ki bigger than base Goku. Because Uub was stronger than base Goku.
There is not a single comment on his ki being close to goku,
There doesn't need to be. We can clearly see Goku losing.
exactly, which goku handled pretty easily.
Did you even read the quote you posted?

Goku: “Sorry I bad-mouthed you before. Please forgive me. I just wanted to know your true ability. You’re exactly the person I thought you were. As amazin’ as I expected."

He's apologizing and offering an explanation for why he insulted Uub. That's why he says "I just wanted to...", to make it clear that the insults had no malice behind them. He never at any point says he wasn't trying. He especially had no reason to "not try" when Uub hurt him by kicking his arm. That's just ridiculous.
Indication that goku was not fighting seriously.
It's not an indication of that at all. In no dimension could that possibly be interpreted in such a backwards way.
And I still believe that "Goku was suppressed" card will be used when EoZ will take place in super. It was not necessary when the end of manga took place and was left as such. However, now, we'll see what happens when the DBS reaches that point or crosses it.
As of now, there's no evidence at all that he was suppressed and every indication that he wasn't. So here we are. I for one highly doubt we'll get a "he was suppressed" explanation at the end of this, or that Super will even remake that epilogue.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:44 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:

2. Gohan easily blocks numerous blows from Goten; he does not attempt to block one and then badly hurt his arm.

1. He is attacking with left arm.

2. OK

3. What? You just posted one above.

Also, I'll hold on this debate for some time, till some more clarification.
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:57 am

Don't forget that the epilogue of the manga was written before BoG/FnF/Super, so this base Goku could still be weaker than Freeza.

Goku was already holding back against Oob a lot of his power by not transforming at all, and he never said he was fighting seriously. Yes, he wanted to be at 100% stamina, but that was because he was expecting a trained fighter with unpredictable power who was suppressing his power. In the end, Oob turned out to be the amazing guy he was expecting, but he didn't know how to control his power yet. That doesn't necessarily mean he displayed the power he was expecting, it could mean that he displayed the potential to reach the power he was expecting.

As for base Goku's power, in the Super anime, base Goku was 50 times weaker than SSG, in the BoG/FnF movies, base Goku was at the same level as SSG, and in the Super manga, base Goku's power is, so far, unaffected by SSG.

The Super anime is written by Toei, and it appears to be designed as a sequel to the anime given all these anime-only elements (like Gregory & the Frog-Ginyu stuff), so I don't see why I should take it into account when talking about the manga.

The movies are written by Toriyama, and the Super manga is mostly written by Toriyama. If it turns out that the movies & the Super manga (Champa arc & beyond) are in the same continuity (which they probably are, since BoG arc in the manga was too rushed to be taken seriously & the FnF arc was entirely skipped but is still mentioned), since Toriyama is heavily involved with both, then it's possible that Goku's power has either been retconned from SSG level to regular level, or we will later get confirmation that Goku can turn on & off his SSG power in his base form (and SS form, which turns his hair blue). Either way, Goku vs Oob remains unaffected by BoG/FnF/Super.
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:58 am

apex_pretador wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

1. He is attacking with left arm.

2. OK

3. What? You just posted one above.

Also, I'll hold on this debate for some time, till some more clarification.
1. I didn't see that, I saw blocking.

2. No, I mean the specific image you posted appeared to be an illegal scanslation.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:46 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: If high battle power is required to sense Beerus and Whis' ki.Then Base Vegeta and Goku is stronger than SSJ3 Goku.
Piccolo could sense Kaioshin's ki, and he had godly ki. Sensing god ki is about more than just raw strength. Having a high power level = sensing god ki doesn't even make sense anyway. Whis seemed to be referring to Goku and Vegeta transitioning into using godly ki, not just getting a higher power level.
Because he was part Kami,that's why he could sense him.Golden Freeza,Hit and Cabba can sense god ki,those three aren't gods.But they're powerful.

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:19 am

I didn't think Kaioshin had god ki...I think that would've come up at some point, either that the others couldn't sense him, or that Piccolo could sense Beerus which I don't believe he could, or someone commenting that Beerus' ki is like Kaioshin's. I think it's a kind of ki special to the Hakaishin level of gods. Or did Kaio have it as well? Again, would've been noteworthy.
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

kingkaiultraron

Post by kingkaiultraron » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:23 am

Thanos IG: Possibly Infinite
Golden Blue Perfect Cell: 9,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Golden Coola No Training: 500,000,000
Guldo: around 4,000
Batman: 94
Ssjgss3 Vegito: I don't even know
Demon Billz: 85,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
SsjB Nightmare Brolyio: Beyond Infinite
Gorilla: 23
Yusuke: 413
Kami: 275 to 300
Shinobu Sensui: 345
Yomi: 550
Toguro 120%: 215
Let that child alone.

Mattias_
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Mattias_ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:39 am

ahill1 wrote:Where do you guys have the base Saiyans during Boo saga?

Son Gokū 孫 悟空 - 23,000,000
Vegeta ベジータ - 21,800,000

Son Gohan 孫 悟飯- 14,300,000

Trunks トランクス - 4,200,000
Son Goten 孫 悟天 - 4,180,000

All of these characters are planet / stars busters. All in base form.
POWER LEVELS: (Updated / Restored / Leveled / No multiplier nor daizenshuu wrong info)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14197&p=1519362#p1519362 Check it out if you want some information.

POWER LEVELS:

Jaco the Patrolman vol. I - XI
Dragon Ball Minus
Dragon Ball vol. I - XLII
Dragon Ball Super manga cap. 1 - ???

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:08 am

Mattias_ wrote:stars busters. All in base form.

...might I ask why? Wouldn't they have to be at least 'super perfect' Cell level to even make a case for that? Gohan sure as hell isn't Cell level in base, he's only got weaker since the Cell saga.

(I mean, I'll agree they're all planet busters, yeah, that's been pretty common for a good couple sagas by that point.)
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:08 am

kingkaiultraron wrote: Batman: 94
Batman = beyond infinite.
apex_pretador wrote:

because
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:09 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: If high battle power is required to sense Beerus and Whis' ki.Then Base Vegeta and Goku is stronger than SSJ3 Goku.
Piccolo could sense Kaioshin's ki, and he had godly ki. Sensing god ki is about more than just raw strength. Having a high power level = sensing god ki doesn't even make sense anyway. Whis seemed to be referring to Goku and Vegeta transitioning into using godly ki, not just getting a higher power level.
Because he was part Kami,that's why he could sense him.Golden Freeza,Hit and Cabba can sense god ki,those three aren't gods.But they're powerful.
piccolo can't sense god ki according to DBS / BoG
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza