Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 07, 2016 10:47 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Vegeta could because elite Saiyans are taught how to control it. Raditz and Kakarot are not elite Saiyans.
Elite Saiyans been the only ones that can control Oozaru is a thing that originated from the video-games from what I recall.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sat May 07, 2016 2:11 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
coola wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:How are they talking as Oozarus?
Vegeta somehow could, maybe Nappa and Radditz could too, and Radditz teached Kakarotto how to control yourself after transformation?
Vegeta could because elite Saiyans are taught how to control it. Raditz and Kakarot are not elite Saiyans.
I think in DBM they don't necessarily have to be elites and that a low-class could control it if they trained. In the Bardock special, Bardock and his non-elite crew could control their Oozaru forms.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat May 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Vegeta could because elite Saiyans are taught how to control it.
So they could because they trained?

Good, because this Raditz and Kakarot train too.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sat May 07, 2016 11:07 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Vegeta could because elite Saiyans are taught how to control it. Raditz and Kakarot are not elite Saiyans.
Elite Saiyans been the only ones that can control Oozaru is a thing that originated from the video-games from what I recall.
Well if we take Bardock's movie into account, there can be instances where a Saiyan can remember what happened while an Oozaru.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:07 am

Marco Polo wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Vegeta could because elite Saiyans are taught how to control it.

Does the story show them training for this? I'm asking a serious question here.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun May 08, 2016 9:29 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:

Does the story show them training for this? I'm asking a serious question here.
It shows them getting the idea to transform into Oozaru with lamps. That would be far less useful if they couldn't control themselves in that state.

I don't see any problem here. How many years has Radditz been around Nappa and Vegeta, who are both elites? More than two decades? Certainly Nappa and Vegeta knew that Radditz would be a little more useful if he could control himself in that state, so it's more than likely that they would want Radditz to learn how to do it. And since it's a skill that is learned, well, then there really is no problem at all.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun May 15, 2016 4:10 pm

It's amazing how no fucks are given here about this special, 'cause no one here is posting the recent pages. Might as well post them myself, because I kinda dig this one.

Suddenly Attack on Tit... I mean Saiyan.

TonyTheTiger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TonyTheTiger » Mon May 16, 2016 2:34 pm

It's not bad, per se, I just think it's kind of boring. I'm looking forward to seeing how Kakarot killed Krillin or how Vegeta beat Freeza. This particular event is completely incidental.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Tue May 17, 2016 6:15 am

Because nobody cares about the special, except you. No one finds it appealing and neither do I.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Tue May 17, 2016 2:13 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:Because nobody cares about the special, except you. No one finds it appealing and neither do I.
I find it pretty interesting. Also don't speak for everyone it makes you sound arrogant.
Last edited by The Monkey King on Tue May 17, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:25 pm

The art work is good, but DBM needs to have stop having so many specials. I do admit if we ever get a American DB comic book series, the art work and tone of this special would fit for it very well.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue May 17, 2016 5:36 pm

I have literally zero interest in this special.

And the awful "English" translation doesn't help.

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Tue May 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Marco Polo wrote:I have literally zero interest in this special.

Sentiment mirrored exactly.

These side-arcs don't even feature the most redeeming quality of Multi-Verse: The decent recreation of Toriyama's style. Instead, it's just their usual bland storytelling with different/worse art.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue May 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:The art work is good, but DBM needs to have stop having so many specials. I do admit if we ever get a American DB comic book series, the art work and tone of this special would fit for it very well.
Just skip the specials if you don't like them. Pretend DBM is on break (which it would actually be if there were no specials).
Marco Polo wrote:I have literally zero interest in this special.

The english isn't perfect but it's not awful.
Last edited by rereboy on Tue May 17, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue May 17, 2016 7:54 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:Sentiment mirrored exactly.

These side-arcs don't even feature the most redeeming quality of Multi-Verse: The decent recreation of Toriyama's style. Instead, it's just their usual bland storytelling with different/worse art.
I just wish they'd pick more interesting settings for their stories to tell. I'd rather be reading some Universe 9 stories following the world where the human characters get to be the heroes. At least that would be interesting compared to "third or so chapter of Kakarot being crazy/violent".
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue May 17, 2016 8:04 pm

rereboy wrote:Just skip the specials if you don't like them.
I can't speak for Hellspawn28 but personally that's exactly what I'm doing. I wouldn't have posted a reply in this discussion if Scarz hadn't bumped the thread.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed May 18, 2016 2:18 pm

Kakarotto seems to play King Kong :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed May 18, 2016 3:12 pm

That kick looks awkward. There's a lack of dynamism in the art here. Some very flat perspective, where three point perspective could really make a scene on top of a tall building pop out.

Not that I could draw it myself. :)

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed May 18, 2016 4:25 pm

It's basically a karate kick:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Thu May 19, 2016 4:22 am

I meant the perspective.